Thread: KONY 2012 - Let's make an end of it

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606

KONY 2012 - Let's make an end of it

Last edited by Blocker; 11.03.12 at 04:44.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Dynamic (12.03.12) , slikrapid (12.03.12) , yoco (11.03.12) , ParamouR (11.03.12) , Instab (11.03.12) , BrianBosworth (11.03.12) , SealLion (11.03.12)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    a very nice idea generally but there're also some details to consider Kony 2012: what's the real story? | Politics | guardian.co.uk
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (11.03.12)

Where's slikrapid? I'm sure he has something to say about this "scam".
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (11.03.12) , SBfreak (11.03.12)

This is getting too much attention..Just assassinate that retard.
    Also the movie makes me feel like a useless potato who is supposed to know of nothing except the fact that Kony is a bad guy.
    Last edited by SBfreak; 11.03.12 at 15:37.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (11.03.12)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    a very nice idea generally but there're also some details to consider Kony 2012: what's the real story? | Politics | guardian.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraterrestrial View Post
    Where's slikrapid? I'm sure he has something to say about this "scam".
    I really like the idea and how human beings can use internet and mass media for activism and help people,its a great idea in my opinion

About the "scamming idea" of this movement ,I really do not know if they want another benefits or profitable purpose for themselves ,the main idea of the video is positive I think,they are not compeling about receving money ,just to support if you want!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by authors of the video
    KONY 2012 - Let's make an end of it
    where were you in 1996 and all those years in between, the events weren't alarming enough back then? so what changed today, with kony being out of his country for 6 years, stumbled upon some old archives, failed to check the dates? more like: a good/appropriate villain is currently needed to justify (military) operations in the near future regarding that and the surrounding areas (uganda, congo, sudan,...), doesn't matter that the dates might be a decade or so off, that the facts don't add up, that the same emotional manipulative modus operandi has been used for several decades by innumerable aid/relief/whathaveyou foundations (notice the lack of any substantial results in africa or anywhere else), not to mention the inappropriate invasive attitude of western bleeding hearts & guilty conscience bearers/promoters, who think they have the right to impose their own standards or worldview onto some other country, as if their gdp values somehow legitimize their patronizing actions even to the point of involving military interventions - another interesting aspect is that there are still loads of ordinary followers who buy into these projects, willing to financially support dubious organizations, as long as it makes them feel good, as long as it feeds the contrived idea of making/creating a 'better world', whereas all it takes is a glance or two towards their own backyard (fi. own countries, ghettos, slums, projects, neighborhood, or lets say mortgages, own debt, own families,...), which ultimately proves how they can't even fix that, rendering just about any foreign or global aspiration futile to the point of absurdity

verdict: kony 2012 or whatever? lets leave it to those directly concerned/involved (which means: uganda & ugandans), ie. how about minding your own business? :duh:

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker
    I really like the idea and how human beings can use internet and mass media for activism and help people,its a great idea in my opinion
    sure, and just like all similar ideas it will too become thoroughly exploited as soon as the big players step in (the optimistic view, the pessimistic view would be: the idea was already conceived/prepared/released with the exploitation in mind or even in place), as soon as some serious political/financial/military/media/industrial/... gains become palpable, as soon as it gains some serious momentum in terms of support/attention/interest, ie. as soon as it enters 'the mainstream'

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker
    About the "scamming idea" of this movement ,I really do not know if they want another benefits or profitable purpose for themselves ,the main idea of the video is positive I think,they are not compeling about receving money ,just to support if you want!
    hehe, as we all know, there are many ways of 'compelling' (directly or indirectly) without using actual force

without just mentioning the obvious/usual (depicting a suffering african child), another current example: all it takes is that a few of one's (more influential) facebook friends participate in it, the alternative being: losing one's precious fb friends or worse (like retaliatory defamation or worse)
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (12.03.12)

P2P Client
    SB-I
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss267
    Well, I will weight on the topic.

Kind of late to be making 2012 the year of Kony...if he started way back in 1990's, no?

I more than support the assassination of someone if they commit these types of crimes against humanity. I just think there are way too much behind this movement to just taking it at face value. I prefer cleaning up our (each countries) own backyard before imposing our will on another country.

Think of what happened when people blindly follow the mass propaganda...I do however think people should be aware of what is happening around them and then make the decision for themselves on the appropriate actions to take.

-Back to the shadows with me...
    Last edited by Dynamic; 12.03.12 at 20:33. Reason: spelling
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Conspiracy and paronoid ideas are welcome,but countries should be helping each other ideally ,that's part of human nature I think ,the problem is when they help interfere and get more power than the politician or country leaders in my opinion, and then this pseudo help or support now is an intervention ,just like USA way or "The Monroe Doctrine" style.
    Last edited by Blocker; 13.03.12 at 03:29.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread