+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions

Post Questions

Guys, I have two problems regarding firefox and opera:

1- Firefox crashes regularly when browsing youtube ( note : browsing and not watching youtube vids ) like for example, when trying to scroll down a youtube page to read comments, firefox crashes randomly.

2- Opera hangs when visiting any website or even while just opening it and doing nothing. The hangs last for 30-45 seconds and occurs regularly ( note: I tried to reinstall opera but to no avail ).

Any help would be appreciated and helpful replays will be rewarded with a rep point or many so roll up your sleeves and try to help me.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 10.03.12 at 18:18.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraterrestrial View Post
    2- Opera hangs when visiting any website or even while just opening it and doing nothing. The hangs last for 30-45 seconds and occurs regularly ( note: I tried to reinstall opera but to no avail ).
    Disable plugins, JavaScript and the automatic memory cache in an attempt to locate the problem.

Early 11.xx versions used to crash frustratingly often, but with 11.60, my setup goes on and on and on.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (10.03.12)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Disable plugins, JavaScript and the automatic memory cache in an attempt to locate the problem.

Early 11.xx versions used to crash frustratingly often, but with 11.60, my setup goes on and on and on.
    did that but still the problem persists :(

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Do you by anyway know of a stable version of Opera?

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

I currently use the latest version (11.61).
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    Do you by anyway know of a stable version of Opera?

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

I currently use the latest version (11.61).
    Try 11.60, that's what I'm using.

By the way, maybe it's time to update your sig?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (10.03.12)

Try 11.60, that's what I'm using.
    I'll give it a try.

By the way, maybe it's time to update your sig?
    haha, it's fine. 2011 was a fucking disaster and i wasn't seeing that till the very end of it so I like the 2011 and the question mark after; it reminds me of the past :)

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

downgraded to 11.60 and the problem is still there. ARGGG!!! This is really getting on my nerves.
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 10.03.12 at 19:10.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anon (10.03.12)

1- Firefox crashes regularly when browsing youtube ( note : browsing and not watching youtube vids ) like for example, when trying to scroll down a youtube page to read comments, firefox crashes randomly.
    Till now I've only encountered flash related problems with firefox while visiting youtube.
    There are so many youtube related bugs on bugzilla it's practically impossible to track the issue you might have.Does it also crash on other sites ? Do you have the latest version of firefox,updated plugins and addons ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    Till now I've only encountered flash related problems with firefox while visiting youtube.
    There are so many youtube related bugs on bugzilla it's practically impossible to track the issue you might have.Does it also crash on other sites ? Do you have the latest version of firefox,updated plugins and addons ?
    yes, I have the latest version of firefox,updated plugins and addons and this problem happens mainly with youtube and maybe facebook.I think the problem is from flash, Do you have any advices?
    Thanks

At the moment I'm using the latest release candidate for flash 11.2 and I'm not having any problems.
    Download Adobe Flash Player 11.2 Release Candidate for Desktops - Adobe Labs
    Seems pretty stable,no memory leaks why not try replacing your current flash version maybe it solves the problem.
    Also I was thinking about the html5 player youtube is currently testing on some videos.Next time it crashes be sure to check if it's the flash player or the html5 one.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (11.03.12)

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    yes, I have the latest version of firefox,updated plugins and addons and this problem happens mainly with youtube and maybe facebook.I think the problem is from flash, Do you have any advices?
    I can understand precisely how you feel now, even I have this problem with Firefox almost all version even Nightly, so what I figured now is for all Google, Facebook and all those high in Animated/HQ/High Scripted products, use Chrome only to get maximum satisfaction and sometimes even an Opera shall work out smoothly but never will a firefox with addon' active.
    If you want a firefox to work properly with Videos try disabling all the addons(Restart with Add-ons Disabled...) and then it does a pretty good job try it ET
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Thanks

P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53
    i would say give waterfox a try if you have a 64 bit windows but before you do that get the latest Visual C++ Redistributable..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    Crashing while web surfing can also be a memory problem, try running memtest86+.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread