+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti IP software

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss104

Anti IP software

Hi guys, i just wanted to ask do all forums have this sotware on their users to prevent banned users to register again. As one site for laptop reviews i got banned from has and i have tried proxies and other methods but how long will that last until they find out its me.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    Quote Originally Posted by austin316 View Post
    Hi guys, i just wanted to ask do all forums have this sotware on their users to prevent banned users to register again.
    Automated double account detection? No, not all forums.

However, every serious forum in existence has the capability of letting staff manually check IPs and seeing who else is on that IP.

(No, the screenshot isn't from here.)
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss104
    Oh ok anon. So with the forums that do use anti ip software would you say using proxies and other sources will stop my or anyones else old data be found out.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    Use a proxy and delete your cookies. There's not much magic to it besides that...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss104
    Thats what im doing on that website i have been banned from, but im just thinking will they somehow find out its me. Im taking the advice on sealion, i may be doing something wrong but i will post anything if so.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    Maybe your user agent?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    If it's not an extremely rare one, it shouldn't be the cause.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss104
    The website is notebook reviews, and im sure they are using anti ip software as i have registrerd different times and they have banned me.

Gapo, what do u mean by user agent.

Thanks for your replies guys.
    Thanks

Gapo, what do u mean by user agent.
    Something that helps identify your browser.
    Whats My User Agent?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Hmmm mind telling us the name of the site? BTW why does a laptop review site ban it's users?
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by leechmodder View Post
    Hmmm mind telling us the name of the site? BTW why does a laptop review site ban it's users?
    Apparantly, it was because he was double posting at the time. No doubt the mod there got upset with that. This is in addition to him having tried to set up new accounts.

Link> http://www.sb-innovation.de/f71/new-...69/#post255018

As for the site banning users, probably b/c the guy who runs the show there might have a 'zero-tolerance' policy on what he/she/it-what-ever species, on double posting/over double posting and anyone who does this on a recurring basis might fit his definition a of cement head. I guess in his view, maybe austin did that and got banned. That's just my idea. No idea if that is actually true, though.

As for the user agent idea from Gapo. That might be not such a bad idea as well. But you also have to consider that many users around the world are using the very same browser that austin is using, so IMO, that idea might not really help. He could try but I am of the opinion that it doesn't really have that much significance.

On the other hand it may hold some significance b/c if it an older browser version, it may help to upgrade to the latest browser version (or further downgrade) to mask his identity.
    Last edited by SealLion; 08.03.12 at 15:07.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

austin316 (15.03.12) , leechmodder (08.03.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss104
    You make some great points seallion. Like i said before i didnt mean to double post i just needed urgent help at that time and the admin banned me for double posting. I never used IE when i used to go on that site. So could that browser help.
    Last edited by austin316; 14.03.12 at 23:46.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (15.03.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by austin316 View Post
    ...So could that browser help.
    Sorry, I don't think I quite understand. Is that a question (missing question mark??) or a statement.

If you want to use IE, I suppose it doesn't matter. However, if you decided to use Firefox ( if that is what you are currently using) you can install extensions that make Firefox mask it's true User Agent to one of your choosing. It's not the fact of using a different browser that will be the end-all-be-all to a solution. It's also your digital ID in terms of IP, probably ISP as well, your MAC address (if that' being used on the website to help ID users. There is software available that you can use to mask your MAC. I made a tutorial here on the board to help users), User Agent, geographical location, cookies, previous emails used in prior registrations on that site, the history of how you communicated on the board (i.e. posting styles being congruent with past posting styles), similar usernames to what may have been used beforehand, the same forum friends initiated into your contacts or profile, similar questions posed to what were posed before, faking your new posting styles to such a level that is remarkably ridiculous and transparent to the fact your hiding your posting styles, and what-ever else I can't think of at the moment. I don't know but maybe they've got facial recognition software installed on their site and surreptitiously had it installed on your machine during the first registration you made.

I don't understand how you can be continuously banned. This must be one different website. That's for sure.

If all else fails all I can suggest is that you try something different. Go to the library and register a new account. And use the newly registered account at any computer that is not your computer at home. Log into the website from any computer of your choosing from now on other than your personal computer. It might be inconvenient to do so but if this is what you feel you might need to do, then I don't know what else to suggest. I guess that is what you will need to do.

Maybe someone else has a few other ideas to post but these are pretty much it as far as I know. Maybe others have other ideas that could help you as this topic has been an ongoing issue not just for you but for others as well in same or similar situations. I wish you much success in getting what you want.
    Last edited by SealLion; 15.03.12 at 05:06.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

austin316 (15.03.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss104
    LOL it was meant to be a question, Seallion I really appreciate all your help, you have been great. I honestly dont know how they keep banning me, it must be so secret govenment site lol. Anyway Im gona have one more crack at getting on this site, by following what you said and other and will you proxies especially this time. I feel my posting styles might have got me banned as well as i did ask similiar questions.

I am going to use firefox as that seems the best browser for the proxy situation. Also Ip address dont change so will following your step of changing mac address help.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (15.03.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    There's one other thing that I see that hasn't been brought up and that is for you to determine whether your on a dynamic or static IP. If dynamic, some have the ability to change it. Others don't. If dynamic you have a lease on your IP which is dependent on the DHCP server. That IP can change. If static, you might face some challenges. Go to the cmd.exe and type in ipconfig /all. Of course, leave a space between the ipconfig and the forward slash (/). There you'll be able to see when (dependent on whether it's static or dynamic IP) the lease expires. When it changes that might be a good time to re-register. Hope this all helps a bit. Life is educational, eh??
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast