+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brogue - a Roguelike game

Brogue - a Roguelike game

The internet threw this game at me yesterday but I forgot the source.It was an indie game blog or something.
    The game is cross platform, terminal-ish just like ADOM. I haven't tried it yet but I think it's better if I share it now.
    More info,screenshots and some tips on the official site.

Brogue
    Last edited by SBfreak; 19.02.12 at 04:22.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (21.02.12) , anon (19.02.12)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Do not be discouraged by the difficulty of the game. Very few characters will survive the Dungeons of Doom, but your odds will improve enormously once you're acquainted with the dungeon's treasures and inhabitants.
    If this game attempts to enhance the original Rogue, it's probably going to be just as hard. Seriously, ADOM is tough but those who know say it's a joke in comparison with the game that started it all.

To those who haven't played a roguelike game yet: don't judge them by their ASCII display and give them a try. If you like role-playing games, you'll adore these worlds where the lack of graphics and sound can let your imagination do the work. Personally, I hold the aforementioned Ancient Domains of Mystery to be the best fantasy game I've ever played.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (21.02.12) , SBfreak (19.02.12) , Master Razor (19.02.12)

+ Reply to Thread