+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661

Fringe

A television drama centered around a female FBI agent who is forced to work with an institutionalized scientist in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena.
    source: Fringe (TV Series 2008–*) - IMDb

The best thing since X-Files. I think not much has to be said about this show. Everybody should know by now.

General Info:
    • Genre: Science fiction, Thriller, Horror, Mystery, Drama
    • Created by: J. J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci
    • Country of origin: United States
    • No. of seasons: 4
    • No. of episodes: 78

Interesting Links:
    Your account has been disabled.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SpartakusMd (14.05.12) , slikrapid (18.02.12) , leechmodder (18.02.12) , BrianBosworth (18.02.12) , yoco (18.02.12)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Another show I started with first season and simply didn't like it!
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

leechmodder (18.02.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    ME too! Just not my cup of tea.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab
    The best thing since X-Files. I think not much has to be said about this show. Everybody should know by now.
    Spoiler imdb user comments:

"Fringe" or more accurately "Pseudo", is a series I really tried to like. Some have compared this series to The X-Files, but unlike X-Files, Fringe is peppered with shortcuts, sloppy editing, lazy writing and unimaginative (and unbelievable) story lines. The science component has barely any grounding in reality, and when it does it is clear the writers have done no research at all on the subject. Its as if the whole series was written by people high on the same illegal drugs the show constantly glorifies. The Dr. Bishop character incessantly encourages drug use with a particular preference for LSD. I'm writing this in the middle of watching episode 11, where the female FBI agent has just survived being kidnapped and experimented on, and unfriendly forces are threatening to shut down her work on the "Fringe-Files" Sound familiar? Jeez. Its like they stopped trying altogether at this point. Each new location we see is distinctively labeled much like they did on X-Files, except these labels are 3D lettering digitally inserted into the scene. Since this is the only way they can outdo X-Files ill ignore the fact that its an old trick I first saw on Panic Room seven years ago. But it really gets old fast. As is typical of new shows, Fringe (like Lost) attempts to to get the viewer hooked by hinting about some great secret to be uncovered, except this show is just a hook with no worm. The story revolves around a series of strange incidents called "the pattern", a term so sickeningly dull it gives me the sensation of swallowing mud when I hear it. The only "pattern" I see here is the one where this show is an amalgamation of ideas from other hit shows in an attempt to grab an easily impressed audience and make some quick money for the studio. It has nothing to keep you coming back except the curiosity to find out why some people seem to like it so much. The creator J.J. Abrams is also doing the new star trek.

I've bent over backwards and given the show 3 weeks to suck me in. I can do bad TV as long as it's not too stupid, or the characters intrigue me. I've stuck with "Prison Break," because of the characters, although I'm hanging on by a thread. I've stuck with "24" because it moves so fast and furiously and throws in so many curves I don't have time to suspend disbelief.

Now I've had it with the "Fringe." There's only one character I like and that's the main guy, and he has no business in the show. His only reason for being there is to act as a balance for his crazy father, and yet they have him acting like Torv's FBI partner. He has no discernible professional reason for being part of the group. His humor is the best thing in the show.

Then there's the cute FBI agent in the lab, who has no science skills, and who seems to be there to look cute. Then there's the crazy scientist whose crazy as a loon, until he's focused on doing some sci-fi magic, thanks to a bunch of machinery that's been rusting away in a lab for 3 decades, but now seems to be just right for every wacky project that comes their way.

The sci fi is ludicrous! It doesn't have to be accurate, obviously - it's fiction - but it has to be believable.

It has to be semi rational. In the last show a guy gets on a bus, puts on a gas mask, gases the entire bus, then waits for the bus driver to crash so he can get off with something he's stolen. Excuse me? You're going to risk your life on a careening bus? They love to show people with bulging veins, a la "scanners," who then survive what would certainly result in a brain hemmorhage.

Worst show ever

Now, I've seen many bad movies, bad shows, but this one..... blows away everything.

It starts with cool 2 hour premiere, with car explosion that cost millions, you get involved in something called 'the pattern'.....

And then beautifully, the show transforms from mildly interesting, to utter crap. EVERY cliché, and I am not exaggerating, you have ever seen in Sci-fi, it's in this thing they call TV show.

The story of each episode goes like this: there are evil guys who do bad stuff in the begging, whit some technology made from 'fringe' science. Then, you get fight scenes, horrible, HORRIBLE acting from Anna Torv, and some endless chatter between the main guy and his mad scientist type father. Then, the mad scientist somewhere about 5-7 minutes before the end of the said episode finds out that he's been working on the SAME thing bad guys use, and he fights them with his counter weapon. That's it. That actually might be 'the pattern'. :)) If you are reading this, and say, that's not bad, believe me, after watching 15 episodes (that's how much i got myself to watch before i reconsidered the value of my life) of that same crap, you'll definitely change your mind.

Another thing that pisses me off, is the guys comparing this to X-Files. Don't, please. I want it to be back to, I'm great fan of it, I love Moulder and Scully, but PLEASE, don't draw parallels between a legendary series and this junk...

It says here the lowest is 1... shame....

judging from these observations i'll skip this one as well (the x-files comparison seems quite overstretched)

watch the real deal instead:

The X-Files (1993) (TV series)
    The X Files (1998) aka The X Files: Fight the Future
    The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008) weak/passable
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    (the x-files comparison seems quite overstretched)
    i didn't say it's as good as x-files but given the plot it's the closest
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    We have a TV section

Well, I watched the first season and I liked it. There's action and suspense. There were days when I watched three episodes in a row (usually I do one per day, even with the entire boxset at hand) just to see how the plot would develop. The guy that plays Walter does it well, the character is funny at times.

Sadly I never got around watching the other seasons due to schoolwork and/or laziness.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Sadly I never got around watching the other seasons dü to schoolwork and/or laziness.
    that's a pity because the first season was the weakest. season two also had weak episodes in between but was better. however season three brought it to a whole new level and the current season four was able to sustain that level so far
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1758
    the last season ( curent one ) was totally with no connection with the others seasons beside peter , to many paralel univers , get confussing , peter was erased but action was in the same universe memory came back or different parale universe ? to many questions..beside that in the third season the other Olivia had a child with peter..season 4 no story releated to that
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 View Post
    in the third season the other Olivia had a child with peter..season 4 no story releated to that
    yes because dü to the fact that peter was erased from the time line that never happened
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss50
    I know what you mean.. I started with the first season of House M.D. but an eccentric doctor solving puzzling medical cases wasn't really my type.
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1758
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    yes because due to the fact that peter was erased from the time line that never happened
    yes but right now the directions of story is that memoris will come back since peter is back , or is just only on olivia ...see, to complicated, if the memories will be back to all ..child should be back ..also nina taking care of olivia is a total confussing BS
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by olabird View Post
    I know what you mean.. I started with the first season of House M.D. but an eccentric doctor solving puzzling medical cases wasn't really my type.
    You don't like House??? OMG!!!
    Thanks

Some people say there are too many product placements in this show.I tend to agree.
    Brandspotters.com
    I feel the same.Never really liked House.My mom loves it though.

I'll be waiting for my yoco hammer.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    I'll be waiting for my yoco hammer.