+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion preview: Notification Center, iMessage, AirPlay and more

Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion preview: Notification Center, iMessage, AirPlay and more

Well I certainly didn't expect this one.
    Instead of Mountain Lion they should have called it Cougar.
    The following link contains an overview of some of the features.
    Brace yourselves for the WIndows 8 vs Mac OS 10.8 vs distro distribution which is most likely Ubuntu articles.

Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion preview: Notification Center, iMessage, AirPlay and more | The Verge
    Last edited by SBfreak; 16.02.12 at 16:23.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (19.02.12) , BrianBosworth (17.02.12) , cheatos (16.02.12) , ParamouR (16.02.12)

"mac os x cougar" yields the best search results on Google ever!

On topic:
    I'm a mac/linux hater so don't expect something neat for Apple/lusers(read as: losers, extracts to:Linux users):

Apple adds a mere calander program/notes program, calls it a new "OS" and apple fanboys go: "yaaaaay!"
    how much was that on the lame-o-meter?

GateKeeper?? UAC-like thing comes to OSX 6 years after Vista!!

Mountain Lion? what a pathetic name,
    now, Snow Leopard which I thought was a lame name as well is better than Mountain Lion..
    Next is OSX Gorilla, then Forest Gorilla, OSX Beetle, OSX Shoe-Crushed Beetle

And lol, Apple forcing iOS down Mac user's throat, much like MS pushing Metr0 ...

Linux is still as stupid and an incomplete bug-ridden experience as always, with new buggy programs/versions no one wants (Unity, Gnome 3)

---
    I feel better now
    Last edited by cheatos; 16.02.12 at 19:15. Reason: fixed 'yeilds' -> 'yields'

I am cheatos

Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (16.02.12)

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Quote Originally Posted by cheatos View Post
    Linux is still as stupid and an incomplete bug-ridden experience as always, with new buggy programs/versions no one wants (Unity, Gnome 3)
    That pretty much depends on your Distro.

<3 Debian Server Stable

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    you have to divide that into two parts: server use and desktop use.

for desktop use linux is indeed not a good choice. not even because of what cheatos mentioned but also simply dü to the massive lack of serious commercial applications. and the few that do exist are often stripped down versions of what's available for windows or mac.
    OSX on the other hand combines the goodies of windows and linux. you have all important things people like so much about linux/bsd/unix, all major commercial applications are available (some even exclusive) but without most of the nasty things which make people hate windows (list would be too long )

when it comes to server use linux wins by far. it outranked the traditional commercial unix systems mostly, is the #1 development platform for almost every program you would run on a server and last but not least it's free. customization has no limits and it's 100% transparent. no other os can beat that.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (17.02.12)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by cheatos View Post
    Mountain Lion? what a pathetic name,
    now, Snow Leopard which I thought was a lame name as well is better than Mountain Lion..
    Next is OSX Gorilla, then Forest Gorilla, OSX Beetle, OSX Shoe-Crushed Beetle
    It's easy to run out of feline names when you release so many versions.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    It's easy to run out of feline names when you release so many versions.
    Mac OS X Nyan Cat ?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread