+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Megaupload shut down by US officials

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    It's on the homepage:FileSonic, fast and easy file storage.
    All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
    Also,
    https://torrentfreak.com/filesonic-k...rrests-120122/
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (23.01.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    That is so retarded. Disregarding the political reasons behind it there is only one solution to the people over at Filesonic for this. Physical pain.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    These are troubled times. I wonder if this is just a temporal precautionary measure (like when TTi went legal music only?) or we can say goodbye to Filesonic.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Well my 2nd best is now Hotfile! Hope they won't go down as well!
    Thanks

Eventually a law like SOPA will pass and the internet will die a little.I hope I'm wrong.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (23.01.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    Eventually a law like SOPA will pass and the internet will die a little.I hope I'm wrong.
    Even though the article speaks of 2007/2008 it still has great relevance.

Also, ......
    .....to preserve their business models.....
    ....need I explain more??

Most of us will not like this:

.....mandatory network-level filtering by Internet Service Providers and for Internet Service Providers to terminate citizens' Internet connection on repeat allegation of copyright infringement...will likely involve deep packet inspection of citizens' Internet communications
    And that is in spite of encryption methods.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Well my 2nd best is now Hotfile! Hope they won't go down as well!
    You kidding? Hotfile shot themselves in the head when they started actively deleting all copyrighted files. I'm surprised the service is still profitable for them (at least I assume so since they're still up).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    I only said that because I get high speed on HF.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    after filesonic blocked sharing, fileserve chose the same path, even their text is partially a c/p:

Quote Originally Posted by fileserve
    * FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
    * If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by filesonic
    All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager.
    similar things can be expected from their sister-sites (same owners afaik): wupload (filesonic), filejungle & uploadstation (fileserve)

as for the others, seems the content is getting deleted much faster than before and there are some suspicious 'maintenance' events going on (could be a coincidence)

Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak
    the first part is inevitable one way or another - current versions are merely test versions (betas) to monitor/gauge public response/attitude, paving the way for more intrusive & far-reaching platforms of the future, their goals being: not to destroy sharing or 'piracy' or internet, but rather to harness & harvest it, so that it could be controlled, exploited and abused as needed, to inflate issues in order to have a perpetuating large-scale problem constantly in need of addressing, to divert from true implications of current events, etc. which is simply another level of introducing measures designed to reduce citizen liberties, creating all sorts of limits & regulations, installing monitoring, shaping & engineering of human activities/actions/life, so that eventually everyone fits exactly into the predefined mold(s) as prescribed by the system (governance)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss89
    I read a longer article on this subject, the real problem as I see it is that megaupload owners have exchanged some emails that pretty much convicts them, I think they were reckless and could have avoided this situation if they acted differently.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Here's a link about the impacts on other hoster, it's in german though.

One Click Hoster und die folgen von Megaupload *Update*

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    So is there even a site where sharing is allowed?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234
    MegaUpload - Closed.FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBIOrg torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPAShienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPAShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPAJapan, China and Korea have a say NO to the FBI and that even if laws are passed in the USA will not have any value within the sovereignty of their
    end this is not the doo
    good news the Piracy Legalized in Swizterland
    so it is not the end off p2p
    Swiss Government Opts to Keep Piracy Legal for Personal Use - HotHardware Forums
    regards
    starforce
    Last edited by starforce; 24.01.12 at 00:37.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (24.01.12) , SealLion (24.01.12)

I think it's not yet over and it'll come back online soon, A lot of oppositionists out there for this bill called SOPA and PIPA .
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by sebota
    the real problem as I see it is that megaupload owners have exchanged some emails that pretty much convicts them, I think they were reckless and could have avoided this situation if they acted differently.
    their recklessness only made them an easier target than others - their real problem is the fact that a large amount of their storage was used for mass-distribution of the so-called copyrighted material, which makes them a target in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by yoco
    So is there even a site where sharing is allowed?
    sure, there are still many sites left...also, depends what you share

Quote Originally Posted by starforce
    even if laws are passed in the USA will not have any value within the sovereignty of their
    end
    sovereignty is cheap these days as the global supranational society approaches, usa is merely the leading force and the rest will follow suit sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Tattah
    A lot of oppositionists out there for this bill called SOPA and PIPA .
    check out the video on this site, connecting them to past attempts, with an example of mindless copyright enforcement, showing the applied inversion of the usual 'presumption of innocence' principle, global implications,... (~15min)

Code:
    http://dajaz1.com/2012/01/22/must-watch-defend-our-freedom-to-share-clay-shirky-ted-talk/
    and this is only one of the ways in which the media/entertainment industry is trying to ensure/fortify its dominance/monopoly/control/profit via the government - and they are only 'one' of the numerous lobbying organizations with similar goals working on national & international levels, which means that this kind of behavior is widespread across every field of human activity where there is a concentration of power present & actively maintained/perpetuated/widened, ie. its only gonna get worse for everyone else in more ways than one could imagine - thats what may be expected in the future from the so-called 'brave new world' envisioned/promoted by our 'wise' leaders & visionaries
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (28.01.12) , SBfreak (25.01.12) , yoco (25.01.12) , cheatos (25.01.12)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast