Thread: Prometheus

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    I just watched this movie this weekend and I was quite disappointed with Ridley Scott's film
    i recently checked a few imdb reviews that were convincing while describing this movie as a pale attempt to re-ignite the alien-related franchise(s), it sounded as if it was made in a quite unprofessional/sloppy/careless way, insulting the viewer's intelligence much more than what could be considered forgivable, especially considering the genre, experienced director and the audience expectations - naturally, that which is of lesser relevance, like cgi, was well taken care of, as expected from a large-scale project

so i'm pretty skeptical about the outcome, but will check it out nevertheless...in the usual way

as for the original alien movies, the whole quadrilogy was very entertaining, each movie in its own way
    as for the weyland corporation & co. part, it was satisfactory (even if cliched), without distracting too much from the main theme, that is, the aliens
    as for the 'prequel or not' topic, i'd say this is really secondary since nowadays its hard enough to find a decently entertaining or competent movie, let alone have demands (or expectations) regarding its subject matter specifics

...riddle me this, riddle me that, who's the next famous director turning into an 'old bat'?
    Spoiler answer:
    uh...take your pick (as in: there are so many)
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (10.06.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    just to get a better impression, did you like the original alien flicks? and the story around them like weyland yutani and all?
    Yes. I think I did enjoy the original alien films a bit more than this one when making a comparisons between the 2. The alien films just seemed to have a better chronology and storyline woven into them that seemed a bit more believable than Prometheus did. With the alien chronology films, I don't recall the actors barging in on some conclusion like they did here with this one. With Prometheus, it was totally unrealistic. The story's actors came to these theoretical conclusions without any real supportive evidence. The way these things carried themselves within the story-line's content including the general storyline itself was all rush-rush. I couldn't help but think 'how dumb this is'.

As for Weyland Yutani, for me this is kind of a toss-up in the air. There was some resemblance of Star Wars theme when Vickers in a scene says "yes, father" resembling Luke Skywalker's relationship with Darth Vader. That was the first thing that popped into my mind after hearing those words and making what I couldn't help, a connection between those 2 films. And even then, this was kind of a cheap and pathetic attempt to include some mystery and conclusiveness into Prometheus.

As for the continuing saga of the Weyland Yutani thing, it was almost a waste of effort to include this into Prometheus. In the Alien's chronology, Weyland Yutani had a better and more realistic inclusion. In Prometheus, the inclusion was not very well done. Again, it felt rushed. Weyland Yutani is a conglomerate of company founder Charles Bishop Weyland. So what's up with the older fellow that was portrayed in this one?? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    so i'm pretty skeptical about the outcome, but will check it out nevertheless...in the usual ways
    I'd think twice on watching this film, slik. It's not even worth the bandwidth or money spent. Don't be surprised you come out disappointed.
    Last edited by SealLion; 10.06.12 at 15:08.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (11.06.12) , slikrapid (10.06.12)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    damn that really dösn't sound good. as a big fan of the franchise i'm very excited about this and the small youtube flicks about WY made me even hotter
    looking at the trailers at least the style is right which is something already. anyhow i güss i'll know soon enough because that is something i will download and watch no matter what
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    nah. It wasn't so good as i expected
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    damn that really doesn't sound good. as a big fan of the franchise i'm very excited about this and the small youtube flicks about WY made me even hotter
    looking at the trailers at least the style is right which is something already. anyhow i guess i'll know soon enough because that is something i will download and watch no matter what
    For sure it's best to download, Instab rather than go to the theaters as I did.
    I can't believe I shelled out 13 bucks for this flick!! What a waste.
    Popcorn itself is more appetizing than this film.
    The trailers always look better than what any film will present. I'm sure you know that already. But this one takes the cake. It's bloody awful.

Buy hey!! For a weekend afternoon spending time doing one of your past-times, I guess it's ok in some respects. As mentioned above, the CGI and FX are still good though.
    Last edited by SealLion; 13.06.12 at 04:12.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    I guess I dodged a bullet then
    I was planning on going to watch it in theater! Now I'll just wait a bit longer then download it!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    The trailers always look better than what any film will present. I'm sure you know that already.
    i didn't mean the usual trailers but those short extra movies like the speech of weyland. those not directly related to the movie
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.06.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    I had high expectations for this this movie. but it looks like it's just another piece of hollywood trash. i don't know whether i should bother downloading it.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    I guess I dodged a bullet then
    I was planning on going to watch it in theater! Now I'll just wait a bit longer then download it!
    It's not that bad..If you compare it to Original Alien then it sucks...
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by shawshankraj View Post
    It's not that bad..If you compare it to Original Alien then it sucks...
    Love first two movies, so if compares to them, it sucks!
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    i didn't mean the usual trailers but those short extra movies like the speech of weyland. those not directly related to the movie
    Oh, ok. You mean the ones from Shawankraj's posts #17 and #26 as examples??
    Ya. Those are different and I do like those myself. That kind of soliloquy of sorts or monologue that David does is different. He's not boasting of course, he's just giving the hearer some discourse on his abilities and I swear he almost has me convinced. LOL.
    Last edited by SealLion; 14.06.12 at 04:07.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Oh, ok. You mean the ones from Shawankraj's posts #17 and #26 as examples??
    Ya. Those are different and I do like those myself. That kind of soliloquy of sorts or monologü that David dös is different. He's not boasting of course, he's just giving the hearer some discourse on his abilities and I swear he almost has me convinced. LOL.
    exactly i really like a thorough background plot
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1620
    Yesterday I watched this movie in the theater and Its really good in my opinion

Worth to watch if you like sci-fi movies

3D version is awesome!
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    What did you find most interesting about the film, Blocker??
    How did you find the holographic presentations of the film?? Other than the 'rush-rush. Let's get this film done' production part of it, the holographic parts were decent though.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1620
    What did you find most interesting about the film, Blocker??
    How did you find the holographic presentations of the film?? Other than the 'rush-rush. Let's get this film done' production part of it, the holographic parts were decent though.
    Yeah the holographic scenes are awesome but what I most enjoyed were the plot about finding the clues of the beginning of the human beings,the space ships,space suit ,art design, scenery,Visual F/X,in some moments I think I was watching a mix of 2001: A Space Odyssey, Star Wars and Alien .I think Ridley Scott left me breathless in some moments and also a kind of bitter sweet flavour because of some ideas of Alien's films even in the movie this idea is shown too remarkable in a scene.
    I feel is a nice flick obviously not a masterpiece.
    Good and decent movie in my opinion!
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

shawshankraj (18.06.12)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast