+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Free Usenet for everyone!

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    If you open the userhash link you received when creating your account, you'll see something like this.

Username: ........
    Password: ........
    Maximal Connections: 1
    Using dupe accounts may work, depending on how they enforce the connection limit. If news.nntp.pw had multiple A records, adding each one as a separate server and connecting to them using the same account could also increase the limit, but that is not the case.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Schlagseite (14.06.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54
    does somebody know which email providers are accepted on usenet.farm for their free trial? currently it is the only provider with a free trial that doesn't require you to provide your credit card info.

the site keeps telling me i´m using a disposable email provider altough it`s not really the case. of course i deleted cookies + use a fresh ip adress on every try. i think they work with a whitelist.
    Last edited by hazz030; 13.09.22 at 15:31.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bittorrent,qbittorents,seedbox
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    i m check but page not found error .can you guide same thing where i get.

thank you
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by hazz030 View Post
    currently it is the only provider with a free trial that doesn't require you to provide your credit card info.
    Hitnews got tired of being raped?

Anyway, one of https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=34559 has to work; Spambog in particular has lots of domains and adds more regularly. If it's indeed a whitelist approach, you can try Gmail with the usual tricks...

Code:
    sbinnovation@gmail.com
    sb.in.novation@gmail.com
    sb.in.no.v.a.ti.o.n@gmail.com
    sbinnovation+usenetrial@gmail.com
    sbi.nnov.ati.on+usenettrial@gmail.com
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss127
    What do you guys think about this method:

Getting an account from a VCC provider and just create a new VCC every time your free trial for an Usenet provider runs out?
    Somebody suggested Privacy and BLUR as VCC provider but there are many more. I haven't tried this method at the moment.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54
    i think those vcc providers will sooner or later get blacklisted by the usenet service.
    i think i read that something like this happened when video streaming service trials were abused like that in the past.

so i managed to obtain a usenet farms trial but all the rare files i´m interested in aren´t available anymore.
    i got the nzb´s from drunkensl´´´.com, thanks for the heads up on the open registration. i downloaded a random mainstream release and it worked fine - so it´s got nothing to do with my nzb client config.

i wonder if there is a way to verify if those files are available from another provider prior to signing up with them?

and is it possible to know if the files aren´t available anymore due to a copryright claim or expired due to lack of download activity? it´s not even a year old upload and i noticed the files were posted in various very weird news groups - could it be that most usenet don´t index those very well if at all?

it´s a bummer. i´m trying to help a friend out who needs a rare foreign show for a project and i´ve only managed to find those o-rared scene releases on a bunch of 0day trackers but no seeders anymore and it´s only been snatched 2-3 times, a reseed request wasn´t even worth it.

which usenet providers are considered the best and do they have black friday sales?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag1sk View Post
    Somebody suggested Privacy and BLUR as VCC provider but there are many more. I haven't tried this method at the moment.
    This sort of throwaway, pseudonymous usage is basically what virtual cards were made for, so it should work in principle. But even assuming what hazz030 said never happens, the added complication and paper trail (a VCC must somehow receive funds from you at some point) would make it not worth it for me. Feel free to try it and tell us your experience, however

Questions
    https://old.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/index and https://nerosbb.com/ are a good place to research the answer to these. Pay close attention to the part about provider backbones.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss127

i wonder if there is a way to verify if those files are available from another provider prior to signing up with them?

and is it possible to know if the files aren´t available anymore due to a copryright claim or expired due to lack of download activity? it´s not even a year old upload and i noticed the files were posted in various very weird news groups - could it be that most usenet don´t index those very well if at all?

it´s a bummer. i´m trying to help a friend out who needs a rare foreign show for a project and i´ve only managed to find those o-rared scene releases on a bunch of 0day trackers but no seeders anymore and it´s only been snatched 2-3 times, a reseed request wasn´t even worth it.

which usenet providers are considered the best and do they have black friday sales?

1 I don't think so

2 I don't think so. There are 2 types of take down notices the USA onces (DMCA) and the Europe once. If you have a provider with a backbone in USA it will get a DMCA notice which why it will get taken down faster than a backbone in Europe with less hard take downs.

3 what is the name of the show? what episode ..........

4 Most people go with Eweka because its in the Netherlands--> less takedowns. They offer an "black friday deal" or discount if you google it (I think it was on reddit). Usually they cost around 7 but with the deal you get if for 3? a month.

Found the deal: https://www.eweka.nl/de/landing/special-usenet-deal
    Last edited by Mag1sk; 10.10.22 at 19:22.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss127
    Info regarding XS Usenet:

LATEST NEWS

Free Usenet retiring January 1

As of January 1, 2023 XS Usenet will be retiring its Free Usenet service.

Our Free Usenet service has always been our way of giving back to the community, something we have happily done for many years. There are however high costs associated in human resources and infrastructure with providing this service.
    After over a decade of offering Free Usenet service to the community we have decided to completely shutdown our free service. Effective immediately, no new signups or support inquiries will be accepted and as of January 1 all Free Usenet subscriptions on our platform will be terminated.

The funds that we'll be freeing up will be deployed towards our capital expenditure budget for 2023 to support further product development in the VPN and Cloud Storage sector.

We appreciate your understanding and wish you a healthy and happy holiday season.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

anon (19.12.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The funds that we'll be freeing up will be deployed towards our capital expenditure budget for 2023 to support further product development in the VPN and Cloud Storage sector.
    This suggests the conversion rate for free to paid accounts is too low, or even that their Usenet service in general is not making enough money.

In any case, it was good while it lasted, and it sure lasted long!
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

hazz030 (19.12.22) , Mag1sk (19.12.22)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss127
    xsnews is giving out 500 free usenet accounts again:

https://test.xsnews.com/

Info:
    Reader: test.xsnews.com
    Port: 119 (SSL: 563)
    10 Mbit
    10 Connections
    No posting
    No account sharing

Do it like Sonic: Gotta go fast
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (23.12.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Nice catch, managed to get mine and 412 accounts are left as of this writing. Some tips for you all...
    • E-mail addresses are apparently not validated.
    • Speed and connection limits are excellent for a free service, but test accounts tend not to last forever... enjoy while you can!
    • test.xsnews.com has one A and one AAAA record, so if you have both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, you may be able to double the caps by configuring each as a separate server.
    • Retention is "2600+ days" assuming it's the same as on their commercial service.
    • XS News uses the Abavia (Dutch) backbone and DMCA for takedowns.
    • The "no account sharing" rule, if enforced at all, may be bypassable by having only one person use it at the same time. Make sure your newsreaders don't keep idle connections open.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

Mag1sk (24.12.22)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss127
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    [*]Speed and connection limits are excellent for a free service, but test accounts tend not to last forever... enjoy while you can![*]test.xsnews.com has one A and one AAAA record, so if you have both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, you may be able to double the caps by configuring each as a separate server.[*]Retention is "2600+ days" assuming it's the same as on their commercial service.[/LIST]
    1 of my friends is using his account for 8 months now and it is still working.
    My friend said it's only 1 month or 1 1/2 months retention but we will need to test that out ourselfs.

"test.xsnews.com has one A and one AAAA record, so if you have both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, you may be able to double the caps by configuring each as a separate server."

Did you try that and did it work? If it worked, what configuration do we need to do, to get 2 separate servers?
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

anon (27.01.23)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    My friend said it's only 1 month or 1 1/2 months retention
    Well, that's way less than I expected... but still good for new things, and significantly better than the 7 days just4today.net offered in the past

Did you try that and did it work? If it worked, what configuration do we need to do
    I haven't, because my ISP does not offer IPv6 and I don't have time to set up tunnelbrokers at the moment. But all you need to do is look up the DNS records for test.xsnews.com and add each A and AAAA as a separate server in your newsreader. Right now, they're as follows...

Code:
    Class 	Record 	TTL 	Hostname 	Details
    INet 	A 	300 	test.xsnews.com 	IPv4 Address: 91.223.220.236
    INet 	Aaaa 	300 	test.xsnews.com 	IPv6 Address: 2001:67c:174:101:1:65:201:236
    Note that 1. you'll need to turn off hostname verification for SSL, 2. this will have no effect if they enforce connection limits by account instead of IP.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

Mag1sk (27.01.23)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss127
    New Accounts available