Poll: Which AntiVirus is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Which AntiVirus is best?

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by ParamouR View Post
    If I have Comodo internet security 2012 do I need to also have an AV like Kaspersky IS or Bitdefender IS with it
    No. There would be no reason for it.
    I can't see the reason for having multiple IS if you already have one. The recommendation is that if you have more than 1 AV installed, you actually make your system unstable. Hence no further reason to use another IS software, Paramour.

And the idea of wanting to make your system more secure with the addition of adding multiple layers of IS or AV is not suggested either. If someone tells you that nothing happens to them, they probably don't recognize the fact that it actually slows down their system as a whole. Secondly, having such configurations may also cause crashes to your system. Do you want you system to crash every now and then?? Probably not.

Thirdly, you can install as many AV or IS as you want; however, you can run only one at a time. This is b/c of the aforementioned reasons. In addition, having such unnecessary configurations to your system's security can also cause lack of effective system protection. Do you want your computer protected properly?? I'm guessing that you do want.
    If you heard someone, somewhere else mention this, more than likely they were uninformed of such potential consequences.

For what reasons would anyone really need to have such multiple protective systems installed other than to think that they are giving themselves extra protection. I firmly believe that with all the information that I have come across in the past regarding such information that it is truly not necessary. In addition to being not suggested either.
    Last edited by SealLion; 30.11.11 at 04:47.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

ParamouR (30.11.11)

And we have a user named google on our forum.

Related to the topic at hand.
    Founder's Blog - Jitbit: Why Developers Hate Antiviruses
    Last edited by SBfreak; 19.02.12 at 01:04.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    And we have a user named google on our forum.
    Not for long. I saw the mess that guy made while trying to deal with a malfunctioning printer at a friend's house today. Oh well, some people are idiots.

About your link, I think false positives are a nuisance to most of us. For example when you're trying to help someone who's a noob, send a non-malicious program, their AV says it's a virus, they think you're trying to infect them.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sb-innovation
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss92
    I am using Kaspersky internet security from a long time and i am satisfied 100% ....well i used others but after kaspersky i recommend webroot essential security and after webroot eset antivirus not security i mean not with firewall ....norton is good but u cant use cracked program ..i used Bitdefender its a very heavy program good but takes large quantity of memory . in short kaspersky a is full package > best internet security as well as Anti banner :)

Please add mcAfee and Webroot in Poll .
    Last edited by whyme; 21.02.12 at 06:57.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    About your link, I think false positives are a nuisance to most of us. For example when you're trying to help someone who's a noob, send a non-malicious program, their AV says it's a virus, they think you're trying to infect them.
    "My antivirus says the program is infected"
    Yes I want to steal your brazzers passwords.
    I think that happened to almost anyone with friends asking for help over IM.
    Here's the thing.I don't help people I know because they will keep asking for help.I just offer them the means to solve their problems and guide them.
    I am using Kaspersky internet security from a long time and i am satisfied 100% ..
    That's like the mother in law of protection software.I only tried it once didn't feel any difference except the ram usage.How exactly are you satisfied 100%, how many gigs of ram do you have ?
    after kaspersky i recommend webroot essential security
    I heard it was really good but I never tried it because I got accustomed too much with nod32.
    best internet security as well as Anti banner :)
    adblock
    noscript
    flashblock

P.S: I've just noticed something.No Microsoft Security Essentials love ?
    Last edited by SBfreak; 21.02.12 at 08:26.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sb-innovation
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss92
    That's like the mother in law of protection software.I only tried it once didn't feel any difference except the ram usage.How exactly are you satisfied 100%, how many gigs of ram do you have ?
    i never faced any problem while using kaspersky , my computer never infected with virus or trojan or spyware while using kaspersky , i have 4 GB ram ....ur the first 1 who says Kaspersky is not good enough .. well kaspersky anti.banner is much stronger then adblock ..i use noscipt its a good add-on ...nod32 is a light anit virus program and a good but not strong protection like kaspersky or bitdefender or webroot ....expert says not me :)
    Thanks

expert says not me :)
    You should use the software you think is best not what interned paid basement bloggers say.I am glad you're not having problems with kaspersky as I had maybe inthe future I will try it again and see what happens.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    I have been using Kaspersky Internet Security for 2 years now and I am pretty satisfied with it. I have used Norton IS and Eset IS too before but KIS does the trick for me. It's available for less than half the price of Norton(3PC 1YR for just $19 !) and I have had bad experiences with NOD32 IS earlier(twice; when it failed to detect viruses and I've had to format my PC).

Kaspersky IS isn't as heavy on resources either(Currently it's using up less than 3MB on my system).
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss50
    I have used Microsoft Security Essentials for about one and a half years now and never have I had a problem with it. Best of all, its free. I love it. No more worrying about keys being blacklisted.. (used to use Kaspersky before)
    Thanks

Kaspersky IS isn't as heavy on resources either(Currently it's using up less than 3MB on my system).
    Uhm. 3MB ? Is that even possible ?
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

leechmodder (24.02.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    Uhm. 3MB ? Is that even possible ?
    I am afraid I mistyped. I meant 30MB then and just checked it again now, after 6 days of continuous usage, it's 60MB now.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    I'm using KIS Pure licensed and it hardly uses 2.6mB for me
    Check this out.
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Thanks

I'm using KIS Pure licensed and it hardly uses 2.6mB for me
    Check this out.
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kis.PNG 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	12714

Sorry, I don't know why it happened here's one more.
    Last edited by ParamouR; 24.02.12 at 17:40.
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kis.PNG 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	12714

Sorry, I don't know why it happened here's one more.
    This isn't supposed to be happening.There's no way kaspersky could use so little.Someone help me.
    Last edited by SBfreak; 24.02.12 at 18:36.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast