+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: On which trackers have you been banned ?

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    125TB must not be a big deal. There is an achievement on TL of uploading 750TB. Not sure if anyone has ever done that without cheating, but a 1500 point give seems minor compared to the amount of help you would have provided members of the tracker.

But... If you already have 750TB upload I guess you have very little use for points.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    The matter of whether these upload milestones can be reached is moot. If there's something I learned during my MMORPG days, it's that there's always a bigger fish. The real question is, unless you're an uploader... why. No one needs or could use up such a buffer, but the mere fact of having it means many other people are getting little to no upload on those torrents, thus being forced to overrely on bonus points or freeleech to survive, or simply lose their accounts due to low ratio. And in the event they get a seedbox of their own or cross-seed from other trackers, they become part of the problem and make it even worse for everyone else. (Interestingly, cheating is a third way that can actually boost the tracker's economy in this scenario, by preventing bans for low ratio while allowing legitimate users to get their wished-for upload...)

I wish all trackers recorded and displayed seeding time as prominently as they do with upload and download traffic. Seeing an account with several hundred TBs uploaded will instantly earn my disrespect due to the aforementioned seedbox douchebaggery. Seeing the same account with a "normal" upload but an average seeding time of many years would get my admiration instead. It helps that seeding can be faked, but the passing of time cannot
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I wish all trackers recorded and displayed seeding time as prominently as they do with upload and download traffic. Seeing an account with several hundred TBs uploaded will instantly earn my disrespect due to the aforementioned seedbox douchebaggery. Seeing the same account with a "normal" upload but an average seeding time of many years would get my admiration instead. It helps that seeding can be faked, but the passing of time cannot
    Another reason why ratioless is the way to go.

I never understood the game of "who has the higher ratio" or "who has the most points". The objective here is to upload content and make sure it stays up for as long as possible. So, if I can prove an ability to upload a file or two, and my retention is solid, should anything else really matter? Maybe length of standing as a member, but even that shows through with solid retention. Who cares who people get the file from, just that they get the file.

I am currently seeding five torrents on TL. Of those five three have been seeded for 90 days. Combine that with two more recent torrents and I am getting little to no ratio and only 2 to 3 points per 24 hours seeded. You almost can't get the upload because of seedboxes, yet can't use the points to get the upload due to a lack of points for the upload.

Perspective.. At that rate I would need to seed 250 days in order to gain enough points for 10GB of upload credit. Seeding a full year will only get you another GB or two. Not enough to even download most non freeleech files.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Another reason why ratioless is the way to go.
    For TL in particular, I think it would actually work out well due to the sheer size of their userbase. Even if say, only 5% of their members has good long-term seeding habits, that still translates to several thousand people.

On the other hand, it would kill one of the biggest reasons to donate for VIP status, and given the speed at which they added freeleech and bonus points... if ratios are to be removed at all, I'd expect it to happen around 2035.

I am currently seeding five torrents on TL.
    Well, I think I found your problem here. Five is a tiny amount... seedboxes or not, it's no wonder you're barely getting upload. You should permaseed as many torrents as possible. Think about it: if each one of them has a 1% chance of uploading data, you're much more likely to upload something every day if you have at least a hundred (obviously these aren't random probabilities, but that's the main idea). Plus the resource usage of "losing", inactive torrents is negligible anyway.

Even on a bad day, you'll at least get many more bonus points
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    I just don't feel the need to go passed PU on TL. Is there any reason I should?

By the time my upload creeps up to halfway there, I'll have enough points to grab the other half to reach the 200GB.

Most of my torrenting is TV focused and based on filling existing collections (where half that content is freeleech).

If MTV gets up and running I can practically dump TL and only log in to save activity.

Maybe that is wishful thinking though.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I just don't feel the need to go passed PU on TL. Is there any reason I should?
    Higher classes have lower seeding time requirements and greater "interest rates" on the bonus points system. I think they can also go inactive for longer.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    the box/vault/place - cheating and dupe accounts

Tophos - When I tried to make a dupe account I got a message "Are you gay?" on the signup page. Almost fell of my chair laughing. I want to join Tophos just for the laughs. Hilarious staffers.

btn,ptp,kg,red - trading

bitseduce for inactivity I think. I knew a guy from bitseduce who got into AOM. Probably the only guy I know in the entire "torrenting hemisphere" who has an AOM account. That's how rare AOM is. He had both AOM and FTN which was considered a great feat back in the day.

Pedros btmusic - Cheating or inactivity but my guess is inactivity.

indietorrents - inactivity

DB9 - The tracker of goats. I think I got disabled for inactivity. They just had dubstep. Was quite easy to get in, now it's hard I heard.

hdbits - 2 accounts both gone for inactivity...worst inactivity rules ever..gotta download 1gb a week or something.

will add more if i remember later lol
    Last edited by faltu; 04.09.21 at 19:03.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (05.09.21)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss52
    Quote Originally Posted by faltu View Post
    btn,ptp,kg,red - trading
    wow
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by faltu View Post
    the box/vault/place - cheating and dupe accounts
    They were really good for testing cheating tactics when they had open signups. That's how I discovered URL-encoding exceptions, which was a major breakthrough for all mods and tools at the time.

Tophos - When I tried to make a dupe account I got a message "Are you gay?" on the signup page. Almost fell of my chair laughing. I want to join Tophos just for the laughs. Hilarious staffers.
    Melvin, Adam and Serb have accounts here and posted many times. Wonder what they're up to now? The infamous shitlist is no longer available, or at least publicly visible.

I knew a guy from bitseduce who got into AOM. Probably the only guy I know in the entire "torrenting hemisphere" who has an AOM account. That's how rare AOM is. He had both AOM and FTN which was considered a great feat back in the day.
    > AOM
    > FTN
    > no UK-T
    > no FTWR

6/10

CosaNostra and Skittles tried to play the exclusivity card and failed faster than Sonic. At least we'll always[citation needed] have FSC.

Pedros btmusic - Cheating or inactivity but my guess is inactivity.
    Just tell Pedro you're willing to donate $20 for reenablement and he'll get it sorted right away as soon as they're out of beta.

hdbits - 2 accounts both gone for inactivity...worst inactivity rules ever..gotta download 1gb a week or something.
    Now it's a yearly amount and a monthly average. Download enough to meet both at the beginning of the year and you're set.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (05.09.21) , faltu (05.09.21)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    theGeek got banned even before I see the front-end of the tracker I've tried to register when they open it I fill the reg form and hit complete it said I've missed something then I reregistered and checked my info hit complete again it said this email is registered I checked my email it's empty tried to change the password in the tracker to see how there's an ACC with my email it said there's no acc with this email!!!!!!!! I tried to register again with sec email then I got banned I've contacted them and told them everything they said I'm laying and they will never give me a chance again ban my IP emails and put a red flag on my other acc in the other tracker's cuz I tried to sign up after 6 months from mam forum and said u have banned before!!!!!! I could handle their bad behavior how do I've acc and I didn't even log in to their site ever!!!!!!!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Even though I don't see what they'd have to gain from it, the open signups at TheGeeks.click are widely believed to be a hoax and/or honeypot.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011