Thread: help plz with my wireless pci-e card

P2P Client
    vuze
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss327

help plz with my wireless pci-e card

hello all, i have problems with my new wirelesss DWA-556 network card, this is the story...

i have 100 mb connection speed at home, i cant use wired connection from my modem to the pc so i bought dlink dwa-556, after setting up everything i found that the ofeciell drivers are old and dlink refere to another driver from Atheros.

after folowing the guides in here and here i managed to get 300 mbit at my wireless status and i have full signal strength, the modem is very close to my room so there are no problems with any signal disturbing or something like that.

now to the speed, i only get at top 10mbit down and 10 mbit up, tried every thing and i cant get faster than this, after a week of testing i give up and hoping that someone here could give me a hope with this problem. why cant i get full speed when my signal strength is at maximum and the modem is just 3 meters away from me and nothing in between?

this is my system spec:
    motherboard: asus m4a77td pro
    cpu: amd athlon x2 @ 3 Ghz
    memory: 8GB
    GFX: ati 5700
    modem: netgear CG 3100
    Last edited by mammamia11; 17.06.11 at 22:30.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    Dude, i have one of those cards too and i can assure you that this card is plain SH**. Its not worth the effort. In fact, its the WORST piece of sh** wlan card you could ever buy... I swear my cheap 10€ WLan-NIC from TPlink has 10x better connectivity and stability than this rip-off. And i have never felt more cheated and ripped off than with this card, especially after i had contacted DLink support. The support told me to buy an extra antenna for it. Preferably this one D-Link ANT24-1200. My advice to you is to dump it and buy yourself this one TP-Link TL-WN781ND and this Antenna TP-Link TL-ANT2408CL! That Combo for ~15€ is unbeatable and it runs on Win7x64 too, the DWA-556 doesn't...
    Last edited by Darth; 19.06.11 at 17:15.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

mammamia11 (19.06.11)

P2P Client
    vuze
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss327
    im sure any other card is better then this crap, i just wonder what do u recomend for a card that is faster then the one u mentioned above, i have 100mbit connection and i want to get as mutch i can with wireless
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    Well, if you want to go with PCIe based cards your choices are very much limited. Only 4 or 5 models exist that support 300mbits and they are more expensive than USB or PCI ones PCIe WLan Cards The choice is yours. I'm happy with the combo described above. Its good enough for my 25mbits vdsl line. But in all cases i would suggest buying a card with a replaceable antenna, except the USB ones of course. A bigger antenna with 5dbi gain will help your connection massively WLAN Antenna Those 3 Euros extra will be invested wisely! Am sure you wont regret that!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread