+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coolest Search Engines You’ve Never Heard Of

Coolest Search Engines You’ve Never Heard Of

12 Coolest Search Engines You've Never Heard Of

I know you guys are probably tired of these "Alternate Search Engines" crap that is spewed out almost every other day by some blogger.
    But I quite like this list.Most of us don't know these niche specific search engines too which do an excellent job in getting the information we want..

-----------

Scrius :

Scirus is a scientific search engine that provides the most accurate results for science specific queries and is a great resource for scientists and scholars. Scrius only includes the trusted sites in their index which guarantees the accuracy of results to the searcher. According to their Site, currently they have more than 370 million scientific pages in their index.

Trabber :

Trabber is a flight and hotel search engine and can save lot of your time and money while travelling. When you search for a flight or a hotel on Trabber, Trabber will search your query simultaneously on a list of airlines, travel agencies and hotel websites and provide you with the best deals from these sites. Each search result is displayed with a direct link and you can easily book a flight or hotel by clicking on that link. Currently Trabber search on 42 websites for flights and 8 websites for Hotels.

Radio-Locator :

Radio Locator is the most accurate radio station search engine on web. You can find complete information of your local radio stations just by entering your city name or a zip code

Storm Event :

Storm Event is a great tool to find out the storms/tornadoes recorded in your county. This application uses the NCDC Storm Event database to generate results. According to the site, NCDC is maintaining this database from 1950.

PubGene :

PubGene is a biological search engine that helps the searcher to get the accurate information about genes and proteins. You can get complete information about a gene – its association with other genes, what does it do etc from a single search at PubGene.

Threat Library :

McAfee threat library is a search engine of online threats and vulnerabilities. It contains complete information about the viruses and malwares and link to the removal tools.

SplogSpot :

SplogSpot is a spam blogs search engine where you can search for spam blogs in your niche or for a particular keyword.

FindSounds :

FindSounds is a free search engine where you search sound effects all across the web. You can search audio files by entering a sound effect name like elephant, bass drum etc and can filter results according to File format, file size, number of channels , resolution etc.

Fly Express :

FlyExpress is a search engine for Biologists, where researchers can search from 100,000 digital images of more than 4,000 genes. Using FlyExpress researchers can view spatial patterns of individual genes at various stages of development.

Retrievr :

Retrievr is a unique search engine which search flickr images on the basis of a rough sketch drawn by searcher.

Celebrity Search Engine :

As the name suggests , Celebrity search engine is a great resource for fans who want to get accurate results when searching for their favorite celebrities.

SourceBank :

SourceBank is a search engine of programmers and developers where they can search for source code of Java, C++, Perl, Python etc.

-----------

Search made easy with these customized engines for specific content ranging from source codes to flickr images,from sound effects to radio stations all over the world.

Hands down one of the best lists I've seen.Very useful...
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (19.04.11) , SealLion (17.04.11) , anonftw (17.04.11) , takomania (16.04.11) , wordreader (16.04.11) , BrianBosworth (16.04.11) , ErRor (16.04.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss296
    i use findsounds constantly when i'm at work - it's a brilliant search engine - a few of the other are new to me though
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread