0/5 sssssss75
    also you can try alcohol 120%
    i realize that some games burn better in alcohol than imgburn

you can choose the ps1 tag in alcohol burn settings
    just try it
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Hmm,

1. Are you sure that the images are not corrupted while downloading?
    2. Did you try burning on a different PC? Same Verbatim CDs, Different CDs ..etc
    3. How old is your PSX, Are you sure your laser is still strong, can you read original games? can you read other discs other than Verbatims normally?
    4. Some Verbatims works and others not or ALL verbatims are not working?
    5. As TheShutter suggested, use different programs like CloneCD EDIT: feanime's suggestion is also good.
    6. If there is a cue file, select it instead of bin (imgburn should do this by itself? i am not sure).
    7. Can your PSX's modchip play NTSC games, Europe's region code is PAL, you may need to get PAL versions.

Most importantly, Is the game Final Fantasy IX (or google anti modchip psx games)?, this game has some protection on it and you might need to patch it before burning.
    Last edited by cheatos; 30.03.11 at 21:01.

I am cheatos

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I know using lower speeds will reduce the chances of something going wrong, but as far as I know there's no difference between a CD burnt at 2x and one at 52x if both pass the verification.

I'm reckless and burn my discs at maximum speed. So far so good
    my PSX, PS2 and a number of older audio cd-players worked better and better with every step downwards i took regarding burning speed.
    same gös for durability. over the years cds/dvds burned at low speeds proved to work much better after a few years. no matter which media or burner.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anon (30.03.11)

I alreay tried other softwares for me ImgBurn is the best.

@Cheatos
    1.Yes, tried varius games, and tried to run the ISOs also with ePSXe 1.7.0
    2.No, actually I can't, I'm waiting the new motherboard for my "PC for Games" and I will try with his burner
    3.Yes I'm sure laser work ok. I tried 1 original games. The games wich I burn sometimes work, and I've seen differenza between burned at 10x or 24x (not in all games)
    4.I always use Verbatim... I'm sure the CDs are ok. Some friends with PSX also use Verbatim (or TDK)
    5.Already triend CloneCD and Alchohol 120% (also nero and dvd decrypter) and same result. I use ImgBurn because IMHO is better
    6.I know how to burn the varius virtual IMG. ImgBurn can burn .bin files, also without his .cue ! But usually I use the .cue... or .ccd... depends which is the downloaded file.
    7.Yes I get PAL version... and when is possible, I get always the version with italian language inside! (Not all games have italian... if not I use english, except for some like the first Metal Slug wich if I remember corretly is only in japan)

I don't play final fantasy games (for now...), because I tried 1 for PS2 and I don't like it.

my PSX, PS2 and a number of older audio cd-players worked better and better with every step downwards i took regarding burning speed.
    same goes for durability. over the years cds/dvds burned at low speeds proved to work much better after a few years. no matter which media or burner.
    I'm curius to understand if this is true and why happen this. If really, and there is no difference to read speed, I will burn all slower !!
    Last edited by piratemeister; 30.03.11 at 21:24.
    Thanks

I'm waiting the new motherboard for my "PC for Games" and I will try with his burner
    perfect

3.Yes I'm sure laser work ok. I tried 1 original games. The games wich I burn sometimes work, and I've seen differenza between burned at 10x or 24x (not in all games)
    What happens if you burned with 2x speed? (as instab would always say and as you said in your 1st post)
    If a speed always works for you then its fine, no need to change it if you ask me.

---

Also How about a screenshot of some various Imgburn dialogs, a screenshot showing the loaded image, book-type settings, some info about your burner, discID (some verbatims are made in India and they are known for their lower quality)..etc and be sure to hide sensitive personal information.

----
    A stupid question, What does your PS1 (or X, any difference ?) look like ?

My PlayStation is a grey big console, if yours is a white small console then I've heard that they tend to break faster than fat PS1s for now apparent reason...
    Last edited by cheatos; 30.03.11 at 21:37.

I am cheatos

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    I used to burn my X360 games which require DLs before I got my JTAG one.
    I always used the highest available speed wherever I burnt them, being it my Notebook or my Desktop, with Verbatim blanks and I have never had any problems.

Can you try your CDs on another PSX?
    Did you verify your copies after burning?

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

What happens if you burned with 2x speed? (as instab would always say and as you said in your 1st post)
    If a speed always works for you then its fine, no need to change it if you ask me.
    Depends from the game, and I can try only between 10x and 24x with this burner. In one game I've burned at 10x and some problems... and is unplayble (screen stops ecc.). The same at 24x and work ok. Another at 10x work ok. Instead burned at 24x after some time playing it don't work anymore (block during loading). And some others problem like this, for that I'm asking if writing speed influence reading speed/quality.

Also How about a screenshot of some various Imgburn dialogs, a screenshot showing the loaded image, book-type settings, some info about your burner, discID (some verbatims are made in India and they are known for their lower quality)..etc and be sure to hide sensitive personal information.
    Instead i think the Verbatim (all the people I know said that) are the best. I will post a screenshot of ImgBurn and info because not visible (1 Verbatim ready to burn inside the burner).

Code:
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L 0500 (SATA)
    Current Profile: CD-R

Disc Information:
    State of Last Session: Empty
    Erasable: No
    Free Sectors: 359.844
    Free Space: 736.960.512 bytes
    Free Time: 79:59:69 (MM:SS:FF)
    Next Writable Address: 0
    Supported Write Speeds: 10x; 16x; 20x; 24x

ATIP Information:
    Disc ID: 97m26s66f
    Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corp.
    Start Time of LeadIn: 97m26s66f
    Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s71f

Performance (Write Speed):
    Descriptor 1...
    -> B0: 0x08; B1: 0x00; B2: 0x00; B3: 0x00
    -> EL: 359834 (0x00057D9A)
    -> RS: 4.224 KB/s (24x) - WS: 1.760 KB/s (10x)
    Descriptor 2...
    -> RS: 4.224 KB/s (24x) - WS: 2.816 KB/s (16x)
    Descriptor 3...
    -> RS: 4.224 KB/s (24x) - WS: 3.520 KB/s (20x)
    Descriptor 4...
    -> RS: 4.224 KB/s (24x) - WS: 4.224 KB/s (24x)
    A stupid question, What does your PS1 (or X, any difference ?) look like ?

My PlayStation is a grey big console, if yours is a white small console then I've heard that they tend to break faster than fat PS1s for now apparent reason...
    Grey Big... like this (But I use cable and dualshocks of PS2, and 3 of 4 memory card are not original):

EDIT:
    Can you try your CDs on another PSX?
    Did you verify your copies after burning?
    No, I can't... have a sense verify the copies or simulate the burn ? I've never done these thing.... maybe 1 time for try.
    Last edited by piratemeister; 30.03.11 at 22:27.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent 2.04
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss332
    ImgBurn only say you that your emulation drive can make perfomance problems but don't worry.
    Thanks

ImgBurn only say you that your emulation drive can make perfomance problems but don't worry.
    How I can resolve the problem ? Emulation Drive ?

I will answer tomorrow, I go to bed, thx for help guys.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Quote Originally Posted by IlSoldato View Post
    have a sense verify the copies
    Well, it checks if the burnt copy equals the image.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss75
    actualy i guess is something to worry
    long time ago i had a problem with that

daemon or alcohol install this driver and cause problems
    for example if he put the media to verify this will give errors... that's a sign this CAN cause a problem for write

try to uninstall daemon and/or alcohol just to get rid of that to test
    also as shulder said is good to test the cd's on other PSX

but now you poit this message i guess it could help if u can get rid of that because i have problems with it too
    Thanks

And some others problem like this, for that I'm asking if writing speed influence reading speed/quality.
    Experiencing problems like yours is certainly not right,
    Also I don't think your burn speeds are the real cause of your problems, because you tried at slow and high rates.

I will post a screenshot of ImgBurn and info because not visible (1 Verbatim ready to burn inside the burner).
    I see nothing wrong (eye-catching) in that screenshot hmm...

Maybe your PS1 isn't liking verbatims, this can happen, buy/try other brands (lower quality than verbatim or higher) (I use Imation for CDs).

Grey Big...
    Ok, thats good.

How I can resolve the problem ?
    Uninstall Daemon tools and use VirtualClone CD.

feanime was faster...

I am cheatos

Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent 2.04
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss332
    I don't had any problems with my emulation drive and imgburn. If you want to fix it only deinstall your emulation software. He can use daemon tools but not with advanced emulation you can choose it at the installation.
    Last edited by DEViL.eXE; 30.03.11 at 22:54.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast