Thread: The World's Largest Interior Panoramic Photo Weighs in at 40 Gigapixels

P2P Client
    Bangladesh Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss196

The World's Largest Interior Panoramic Photo Weighs in at 40 Gigapixels

If you're a fan of incredibly detailed panoramic photos you've no doubt heard of 360 Cities a site dedicated to the phenomenon. The site's creator is one of the experts in this narrow and nascent field of digital photography and he has struck again with a gorgeous panoramic photo of the Strahov library in Prague, the largest indoor photo of this kind.

As always, the details are amazing. But this time, instead of peeking at distant buildings, you'll be zooming in, reading book titles that start out at tens of feet away and checking out the beautiful fresco on the ceiling.

"Ever since finishing the London Gigapixel, we’ve been planning, shooting, and stitching the next world record!," 360 Cities writes.

"This one is a bit smaller – 40 gigapixels – but it is still a record – it is, as far as we have been able to see, the largest interior photo ever made," it added.

The entire photo is 280,000 x 140,000 pixels, which translates into roughly 40 gigapixels and 283 GB of HDD space. Of course, it's not one giant photo, it's been pieced together from thousands of photos to create the huge panorama.

2947 individual shots, taken over the course of five days, were necessary for the level of detail this panorama boasts. A Canon 550D was used along with a 200mm lens.

You can head on over to 360 Cities to check out the gigapixel panorama in action, or watch the video below to get a preview of what to expect.
    The World's Largest Interior Panoramic Photo Weighs in at 40 Gigapixels - Softpedia
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (30.03.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    NICE!!!

What an awesome find, there Brian. I love how the 360's website allows you to maneuver to other locations when you select on the white arrows. It doesn't leave one stranded in the same 360 panorama frame.
    I myself started out with the fishes in blue water. I didn't expect to see arrows allowing the user to click to go and see another 360 panorama view elsewhere.

Here's where I started out:

"God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

BrianBosworth (30.03.11)

+ Reply to Thread