Thread: Atlas Shrugged Part I

Atlas Shrugged Part I

Atlas Shrugged: Part I (2011) - IMDb

Atlas Shrugged Part I - Official Movie Trailer 2011 HD
    Release Date: April 15, 2011
    Studio: Rocky Mountain Pictures
    Director: Paul Johansson
    Screenwriter: Patrick O'Toole
    Starring: Taylor Schilling, Grant Bowler, Matthew Marsden, Graham Beckel, Edi Gathegi, Jsu Garcia, Michael Lerner
    Genre: Drama, Mystery
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for some sexuality)
    Official Website: AtlasShruggedPart1.com
    Review: Not Available
    DVD Review: Not Available
    DVD: Not Available
    Movie Poster: Not Available
    Production Stills: Not Available

Plot Summary: Dagny Taggart (Taylor Schilling) runs Taggart Transcontinental, the largest remaining railroad company in America, with intelligence, courage and integrity, despite the systematic disappearance of her best and most competent workers.

She is drawn to industrialist Henry Rearden (Grant Bowler), one of the few men whose genius and commitment to his own ideas match her own. Rearden's super-strength metal alloy, Rearden Metal, holds the promise that innovation can overcome the slide into anarchy.

Using the untested Rearden Metal, they rebuild the critical Taggart rail line in Colorado and pave the way for oil titan Ellis Wyatt (Graham Beckel) to feed the flame of a new American Renaissance.

Hope rises again, when Dagny and Rearden discover the design of a revolutionary motor based on static electricity - in an abandoned engine factory - more proof to the sinister theory that the "men of the mind" (thinkers, industrialists, scientists, artists, and other innovators) are "on strike" and vanishing from society.

--------------

I've never heard of the cast and crew before and the trailer is slightly disappointing, so the wise thing to do would be not to get my hopes up too high.

But it's Atlas Shrugged dammit !!

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Has no one here read Atlas Shrugged?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Taggart Transcontinental, the largest remaining railroad company in America, with intelligence, courage and integrity

one of the few men whose genius and commitment to his own ideas match her own

Rearden's super-strength metal alloy, Rearden Metal, holds the promise that innovation can overcome the slide into anarchy.

pave the way for oil titan Ellis Wyatt (Graham Beckel) to feed the flame of a new American Renaissance.

discover the design of a revolutionary motor

more proof to the sinister theory that the "men of the mind" (thinkers, industrialists, scientists, artists, and other innovators) are "on strike" and vanishing from society.
    to call it exaggerated would be an understatement

Has no one here read Atlas Shrugged?
    nope, it doesn't seem too interesting (shallow biased political topics on the surface), furthermore it has a specific flawed philosophical agenda embedded within (an indoctrination vessel for 'objectivism'), disguised as societal criticism
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    nope, it doesn't seem too interesting (shallow biased political topics on the surface), furthermore it has a specific flawed philosophical agenda embedded within (an indoctrination vessel for 'objectivism'), disguised as societal criticism
    Hahahahha....oh man...

My college has a book club that is quite famous and respected in the city.People from all over are members of this club and we have discussions and talks on books ranging from Enid Blyton to John Steinbeck to Sigmund Freud

The liveliest and the longest one we had was dissecting this Ayn Rand's book...

I wish there was something I could write within these few spaces that would show you the folly of your thought but to condense the 1000+ pages book to a few sentences(like you did) is impossible...

But what I can do,is show this comment of yours to a few of my friends...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I wish there was something I could write within these few spaces that would show you the folly of your thought but to condense the 1000+ pages book to a few sentences(like you did) is impossible...
    so why don't you? no one expects a recapitulation of the whole book, take a few examples/quotes that were the most impressive/inspiring (or the opposite) and then lets see your review/dissection of those at work
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread