+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to know XviD rips quality (No tag question)

How to know XviD rips quality (No tag question)

Hi @all.

I would put this question here on SBI because a lot of people download a lot of thing.

Guys, how you know wich Rip have better quality ? (Of course with same tag, for example between 3 DVDRip or 3 BRRip...)

You need to download it, and see for example 1 AVINaptic report, or ?

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    technically BDRip should be the best. however in the end it depends on what settings have been used
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Yes, BDRip (or BRRip, is the same thing), is better, but between for example 4 Rips, from 4 different crew, I would some advice for understand who is the best! (Of course the difference is minimal)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by IlSoldato View Post
    BDRip (or BRRip, is the same thing)
    oh no, it's not!
    Blu-Ray BRRip & BDRip - Two New XviD Formats | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak

between for example 4 Rips, from 4 different crew, I would some advice for understand who is the best! (Of course the difference is minimal)
    in the end there is no definitive method to know. in doubt grab the sample and see for yourself but as i said i would try the BDRip first if there's one available
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Evilmill (22.01.11)

I always thinked BDRip / BRRip is the same thing in fact in Italy X crew use bd, and Y crew BR but with the same file size!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by IlSoldato View Post
    I always thinked BDRip / BRRip is the same thing in fact in Italy X crew use bd, and Y crew BR but with the same file size!
    again, it's not. just read the link
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Guys, how you know wich Rip have better quality ? (Of course with same tag, for example between 3 DVDRip or 3 BRRip...)

You need to download it, and see for example 1 AVINaptic report, or ?
    i never ever check the samples (if included) nor do i download multiple ripped versions of the same movie - the rule of the thumb for me is simple: if its released by a scene group and it hasn't been nuked, then its most likely a very good rip, meaning there is no need to search for a better one, period - if there are multiple scene versions available i'll either go for a more respectable group (fi. diamond over movierush) or for a more convenient way of downloading (fi. private tracker vs. multiple och download links) - any other source (non-scene) is a last-resort option as far as i'm concerned
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    i never ever check the samples (if included) nor do i download multiple ripped versions of the same movie - the rule of the thumb for me is simple: if its released by a scene group and it hasn't been nuked, then its most likely a very good rip, meaning there is no need to search for a better one, period - if there are multiple scene versions available i'll either go for a more respectable group (fi. diamond over movierush) or for a more convenient way of downloading (fi. private tracker vs. multiple och download links) - any other source (non-scene) is a last-resort option as far as i'm concerned
    in case of bluray rips scene releases don't score well. in terms of quality p2p groups win most of the time
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39480
    I have a simple rule for that sort of stuff - "if the name is different, it's not the same". Of course that's not always right, but it works for me.

Regarding the actual topic, any semi-decent tracker or download site should provide a sample or caps, precisely so that you can check the quality before downloading.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab
    in case of bluray rips scene releases don't score well. in terms of quality p2p groups win most of the time
    'been there, done that' :

Quote Originally Posted by myself
    one could also argue that the extra size/bitrate is simply a waste of space since visually it makes little difference
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    'been there, done that' :
    sure, depends on how picky you are
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VUZE - I CAN CHEAT MY MOTHER
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss175
    ITS have some BDRip high quality

BRRip - they usualy use scene releases x264 moust them do not know encode also moust p2p rips are oversharpened [ i am talking about some TL teams ]

BDRip - this is the best option they use the original bluray [~ 40 gb] this will be a accredited and quality team

if you want I can give the name some excelent teams and some ed2k forums where there's high quality BDRip´s [ just send me pm ]
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss552
    he is asking how to choose between 3 different BDRips (for that matter) of the same movie.
    ok let's take "The Book Of Eli" as an example.
    in TL we have a few 720p XviD rips.

The Book of Eli 2010 720p BRRip XviD AC3-FLAWL3SS
    The Book Of Eli 2010 720p BRRip AC3 XviD-SHiRK
    The Book Of Eli 2010 720p BRRip XviD AC3-ViSiON

and of course the BDRip, which is encoded directly from a bluray disc (as opposed to a BRRip which is ripped from a MKV file rip of a bluray disc = 2 reencodes) and thus provides the superior quality.

between these 3 there is NO WAY of telling which provides the best visual quality using only the dry data of size and bitrate, because each group uses different settings and applies different filters.
    one rip can be 500 MB bigger than the other (and thus provide higher bit rate) but the other will be sharper because of the filters used in the encoding process.
    MediaInfo will only tell you the numbers. the bitrate. not the real visual difference that your EYES see.
    one way of telling is comparing screenshots, the other way is grabbing the samples which is almost always included, and compare which YOU think looks better.

I, personally, always choose the ViSiON rips because I've learned (after too many comparisons ) that they are the best.
    so what you should do is: choose BDRip. if only BRRips are available, you will choose the ViSiON one. if no ViSiON rip available, you will have to compare screenshots OR samples to really know which is better.

don't go by the scene in the XVID BDRips\BRRips and DVDRips anymore. the scene rules suggest low resolution and prefer low size over quality.
    if you care about the quality and not about the size, choose the non scene releases and be wise. search for the best!
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (22.01.11) , piratemeister (22.01.11)

P2P Client
    Dragon Fist
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss133
    I have another suggestion: go 720p first as there various size BDRips this should at least be in the highest quality class. Than just close your eyes and pick one
    Secondly try and read a few user comments, if you're on a private tracker as there are quite a few users everywhere that give competent feedback on the release.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread