+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to cross seed at torrentleech?

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113

how to cross seed at torrentleech?

hello
    i have just created account there and that annoying wait times system not letting me get hold of the stuff i desire. i read in their wiki that outside seeding is encouraged so my plan is to get scene relses from IPT or SCC and seed them at TL to get my upload above 8 GB and ratio upto 1.
    Do i have to just check the files on the tracker and on HDD are same then edit the tracker's url with notepad or getdiz and open it with uTorrent, this is all i know but i want to confirm since i am not sure.
    thanx in advance
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hessler View Post
    hello
    i have just created account there and that annoying wait times system not letting me get hold of the stuff i desire. i read in their wiki that outside seeding is encouraged so my plan is to get scene relses from IPT or SCC and seed them at TL to get my upload above 8 GB and ratio upto 1.
    Do i have to just check the files on the tracker and on HDD are same then edit the tracker's url with notepad or getdiz and open it with uTorrent, this is all i know but i want to confirm since i am not sure.
    thanx in advance
    You read their "wiki" but you did not notice that only specialized people are allowed uploads?

Here are the rules

Why can't I upload torrents?

* Only specially authorized users (Uploaders) have permission to upload torrents.

What criteria must I meet before I can join the Uploader team?

- You must be able to provide releases that:

* - include a proper NFO,
    * - are genuine scene releases. If it's not on pre then forget it!
    * - are not older than seven (7) days,
    * - have all files in original format (usually 14.3 MB RARs),
    * - you'll be able to seed, or make sure are well-seeded, for at least 24 hours.
    * - you should have atleast 10MBit (1'250 KB/s) upload bandwith.

* If you think you can match these criteria do not hesitate to contact our staff at '(NEEDS ADDING)'

Can I upload your torrents to other trackers?

* No. We are a closed, limited-membership community. Only registered users can use the TL tracker. Posting our torrents on other trackers is useless, since most people who attempt to download them will be unable to connect with us. This generates a lot of frustration and bad-will against us at TorrentLeech, and will therefore not be tolerated. Furthermore this action hammers our tracker and the load of our servers increases, so is our frustration.

* Complaints from other sites' administrative staff about our torrents being posted on their sites will result in the banning of the users responsible.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

hessler (03.12.10)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    You read their "wiki" but you did not notice that only specialized people are allowed uploads?
    You don't need uploading privileges. Just click here.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (03.12.10)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You don't need uploading privileges. Just click here.
    But they have that "have all files in original format (usually 14.3 MB RARs)," rule...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Scene RARs for the same release are usually identical on any 0-Day tracker.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

hessler (03.12.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    @resurrection:
    calm down man, i did not ask abt uploading i already know 0day trackers dont let members to upload unless they are authorized to, i was asking abt cross seeding meaning download files from somewhere else and seed them to somewhere else and yes the files in the torrent got to be identical or u will be a leecher
    @Anon:
    thanx man, used a little common sense and i am already up and running also now i understood the fact why is it safe to jump at torrents as seeder without downloading a bit.
    Thanks

@resurrection:
    calm down man
    Haha..riight...
    You musta misread my reply into thinking I care or something...

BTW you do know that TL is one of the easiest tracker to cheat on right?People upload 100s of GBs in few hours...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    no i did not think u cared or something.......
    and yeah mate i have already read 33 pages of the concerned thread and looks great.............
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    BTW you do know that TL is one of the easiest tracker to cheat on right?People upload 100s of GBs in few hours...
    So you shouldn't bother with seeding, because it's easy to cheat on?

That sounds a bit selfish to me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    So you shouldn't bother with seeding, because it's easy to cheat on?

That sounds a bit selfish to me.
    huh?

If you remember my post in the TL review where I mentioned that I dislike their .rar rule... That's coz I really do seed for a long time from my home connection...
    You know how fresh torrents are best for uploading right?Their 8gb-48 hrs rule made it impossible for me to seed first...
    So I just fake uploaded 8 gbs to circumvent it and then have been seeding on my own...

BTW where did I insinuate "you shouldn't bother with seeding"??
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss20
    hello
    thanx in advance
    After you finish downloading the torrent from IPT/SCC just leave the files in tact in your completed folder. Delete the torrent from IPT/SCC and load the exact same torrent from TL. uTorrent will check the files and see it is 100% completed and will start seedinging immediately. I think this is what you are asking for. I used this method to seed on BitMeTV; it works better if you attach yourself to a new popular torrent ASAP.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btrizzy View Post
    After you finish downloading the torrent from IPT/SCC just leave the files in tact in your completed folder. Delete the torrent from IPT/SCC and load the exact same torrent from TL. uTorrent will check the files and see it is 100% completed and will start seedinging immediately. I think this is what you are asking for. I used this method to seed on BitMeTV; it works better if you attach yourself to a new popular torrent ASAP.
    The page anon linked to earlier tells us how to do just that but on multiple trackers,which is better if you think about it....
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    BTW where did I insinuate "you shouldn't bother with seeding"??
    "BTW you do know that TL is one of the easiest tracker to cheat on right?"

That's insinuating his whole cross-seeding attempt is futile as you can easily cheat on TL anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by btrizzy View Post
    After you finish downloading the torrent from IPT/SCC just leave the files in tact in your completed folder. Delete the torrent from IPT/SCC and load the exact same torrent from TL.
    Great method to become a leech on the trackers you're piggybacking on.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread