Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AlphaOmega

Maybe you should get another category which consists of all kinds of packs only.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    What makes you say that?

I'm in their forums right now and I don't see any evidence of them being "very very helpful"
    I am talking about irc, and i didnt read forums at all.
    They are quite chatty.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    Well, i guess you ratio cheating guys are gunna be a lil happier. Alphaomega has gone ratio free.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Jordan (20.03.12) , pimphead07 (27.12.10) , SealLion (26.12.10) , Gapo (26.12.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    that's awesome.
    I'm not a member there but to see trackers taking on the 'ratio free' scheme is pretty decent simply because it offers users an alternative to keeping ratio. Not that keeping ratio is difficult since a large number of sites like PTP, waffles, etc...etc...have minimum ratio requirements. Kind of like having different trackers that sponsor different content. The same with trackers that offer alternatives to ratio keeping.

I bet you did this to keep cheaters from all over the world from cheat'in on your site, yes??
    I congratulate you. You've cheated the cheater.

By-the-way...you really should consider getting a custom title. Your here so often, your like a regular now.
    Last edited by SealLion; 26.12.10 at 22:54.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (27.12.10) , Gapo (26.12.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    Haha, well, maybe one day. We'll see I guess. But I always search Google for any threads/news people post about the site. Like to keep up-to-date to see what people are saying.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by tekky View Post
    Haha, well, maybe one day. We'll see I guess. ...
    Is there anything that we as, sbi members, could do to make your stay here more successful and permanent??
    What 's your idea of having custom titles under tracker admins usernames??
    Last edited by SealLion; 27.12.10 at 00:48.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Alphaomega has gone ratio free.
    Why ?
    Thanks

Great! ratio free means no more cheating for me
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss329
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Why ?
    I would say this is a way to go. This move will definitely add respect and popularity and attract more users. I hope it's not just a temporary rule. I kinda see a trend of trackers moving towards ratio-free approach.
    Congratulations, AO and all the best:)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss19
    Ratio-free trackers are ''za bomb'' . Congratulations AO !
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    Yea, we like it. We're also now offering an IRC bonus and Seed bonus. You'll be able to buy digital goods, including hard to get invites to the big guys, and a bunch of fun stuff. Hope ya'll are having fun now, we sure are!
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.01.11)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39443
    You'll be able to buy digital goods, including hard to get invites to the big guys
    Would you elaborate on that?

Anyway, how has activity been in your tracker ever since switching to the ratio-free scheme, tekky? Many trackers did the same (or planned to), and had to fall back to ratios (or die altogether) because members surprisingly became less active. Hopefully it's not the same in your place, and it appears not.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Well the seeder/leecher ratio went up from 14 to 28 since then but it still is too soon to say imo.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Would you elaborate on that?
    Yes very interesting this....

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Anyway, how has activity been in your tracker ever since switching to the ratio-free scheme, tekky?
    A small percentage of people are complaining that 72 hours is bit too much but a large number don't mind it... I'm on the fence till I know what those points get me...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    Well, been a while since I posted here:) Sites is really starting to pick up a bit. I've been watching and checking as much as I can, and I've been noticing more and more people (at a steady rate) have been starting to choose AO as their downloading destination. We're getting a steady growth rate, with our pretimes being as good as they are we've been attracting that crowd to for people who want use as to outside seed to their other ratio scheme trackers.

We've openly admited we don't mind auto downloaders, and we're not really up tight about people uploading w/e we release to other trackers. I think they call it sources, I dunno.

But yea, we just ask people not to release our boxsets to other trackers as it's a lot of work putting them all together.

We're releasing a lot of new things in Feb, which should be the benchmark of if we're going to be anything special or just another ok tracker. We're hoping to get into the top ranks and make a name for ourselves, but as a lot of you have said, people are 'still waiting till we get more peers'. I find that very curious, as we're ratio free, so why not stop waiting and just go download off our gigE lines? Oh well, people are still wary of the new guys, but 2 months, 7600 users and over 7000 torrents.. I think we're doing ok:)
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.01.11)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast