Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega

LOGO

Tracker: AlphaOmega (AO)
    Tracker URL: http://www.alphaomega.me/
    Signup/Invites: Signups were open recently.Now Closed.Invite system Active.
    Category: General

Torrent Count: 2030
    Member Count: 3031
    Max Members: 100,000
    Freeleech: YES
    Bonus System: NOT YET (Under Consideration)
    User uploads: YES (CONDITONAL)
    Countries Banned: None
    Seeding rules: SEE 'RATIO REQUIREMENTS'

BROWSE TORRENTS

(SORTED BY LEECHES)

CATEGORIES

RULES

FAQ

RATIO REQUIREMENTS

TOP 10

USER CLASS

Quote Originally Posted by Staff
    Userclasses & Promotion (promotion levels not yet been set)

User
    Power User
    Elite
    Donor
    Uploader
    VIP
    Titan = Moderator
    Demi-God = Admin
    God = SysOp

IRC
    Non SSL- server irc.alphaomega.me:6667
    SSL- server irc.alphaomega.me:+7000

FORUM

REVIEW:

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Johnson
    Promise, large promise, is the soul of an advertisement.
    The biggest part of selling any product is marketing it right.The tracker's staff probably knows this and have been all over town making tons of promises to anyone who would listen.They have been nothing if not relentless in blowing their own trumpet and hyping the tracker up.

• Step One to making a succesful tracker is bringing the right people in.It seems that the staff of AO are former members and staff of a few top private trackers.They don't tell us which sites though.That could be either for security reasons or by "top private trackers" they mean Demonoid.
    • Step two is coming up with a cool name...Well AO have atleast that...
    • The backend software used is the famed OCELOT
    • Design is clean and pleasant.Easy on the eyes.
    • Reading around,I've found out that these guys are aiming to have the fastest pre-times on the web and want to compete with the likes of FTN and SCC.On the forums A staff member has an offer to affiliate his site with any good P2P groups.ATM the pre-times are not all that great but it seems they are making efforts in the right direction.
    • Coming to the content itself,as of now,its nothing special.I don't see any indications that they are planning anything "AO exclusive" either.Its also not clear if they'll allow non-scene stuff.Maybe later we'll get more info...
    • They do have packs but they are not AO's.
    • The staff is friendly and eager to please.
    • The forums are dead,but that happens at the start...
    • As mentioned earlier,they do allow USER UPLOADS but only if the user has a powerful seedbox.Right now they are pulling torrents from the topsites with Gigabit Seedboxes to ensure good transfers.From all accounts it seems to be true.Everyone, it seems, is getting blazing fast speeds...
    • And this the reason why they've given an upload credit of 20 GBs.They probably know that right now it'd be difficult to seed back with all the powerful seeedboxes uploading...
    • They have also given 20 invites to invite "friends and family"...Riiiight...

FINAL RATINGS:

Quite frankly I have nothing bad to say about this tracker.The staff seems ambitious enough that they are trying to make AO one of the biggest private trackers on the NET.But like people starting any new business,that can happen at the beginning.The question is,can they sustain this effort,energy and attitude for the long run?

DESIGN - ****
    SPEEDS - *****
    CONTENT - **
    COMMUNITY - *

CHEATING TIPS:
    • I tried waffles method,normal fake uploading on torrents with 'few' leeches,fake uploading with NO leeches.The speeds I tried varied depending on the peers available.Everything worked.But that can happen in the chaos when the staff is concentrating elsewhere...

*Hope you liked the review and please leave your responses in the comments sections below...
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Evilmill (30.01.11) , SealLion (11.12.10) , Mihai (09.12.10) , pimphead07 (07.12.10) , theintervurt (07.12.10) , Yuppy (06.12.10) , shoulder (02.12.10) , Instab (02.12.10) , seldom (02.12.10) , CHscx (02.12.10) , anonftw (02.12.10) , anon (02.12.10)

Yes i rly wanna stress that staff is very very helpful and they care about community a lot.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoftrades View Post
    Yes i rly wanna stress that staff is very very helpful and they care about community a lot.
    What makes you say that?

I'm in their forums right now and I don't see any evidence of them being "very very helpful"
    Thanks

maybe he is talking about the IRC? I have been there once and it seemed active
    Last edited by pimphead07; 07.12.10 at 04:54.
    Thanks

ATM all I see are a lot of promises....

Well we'll see...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Oh, come on, guys. We all know Jackoftrades was paid to post that.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    Nice review, but with our new developments, can you please take time to give us another review? Maybe just update this one!? Specially since our userbase is over 4000, and we fixed the problem with the DB and now everyone can play with our new layouts and forums.

Thanks!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekky View Post
    Nice review, but with our new developments, can you please take time to give us another review? Maybe just update this one!? Specially since our userbase is over 4000, and we fixed the problem with the DB and now everyone can play with our new layouts and forums.

Thanks!
    What do you want me to update specifically?

The userbase in my shots is 3000 something and now its 3940...That's not a huge difference..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    The userbase in my shots is 3000 something and now its 3940...That's not a huge difference..
    Seconded. If you ever reach 20000 users or something, post back and we'll update the review. Otherwise, we'd have to edit all threads almost every day.

Oh, and I take it you're staff on AO? Feel free to check this thread out and act accordingly if you're interested.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Seconded. If you ever reach 20000 users or something, post back and we'll update the review. Otherwise, we'd have to edit all threads almost every day.

Oh, and I take it you're staff on AO? Feel free to check this thread out and act accordingly if you're interested.
    Staff, i guess you could call me that, I'm the owner of the site
    And i'm not exactly sure about the whole, repping the site here, as this site generally seems to be able how to cheat... *shrugs* not exactly something I like to associate my name with.

You're all welcome to come and sign up, have some fun, but I doubt I'd be interested in a rep. But thanks for the offer!
    Last edited by tekky; 10.12.10 at 09:03.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by tekky View Post
    Staff, i guess you could call me that, I'm the owner of the site
    Sorry, I hadn't spotted your post on the other thread when I replied.

And i'm not exactly sure about the whole, repping the site here, as this site generally seems to be able how to cheat... *shrugs* not exactly something I like to associate my name with.
    You're already posting here, with your name.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    HaHa, I'm never ashamed of my nick name, I rep it no matter where I go. No point in trying to be all slick and pretend to be someone else.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    well the design and theme of the site is good but there are possibilities to add more CSS's with alternative themes as in what.cd
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    Actually, I've been thinking about doing a few more themes. Those will be implemented in v2.0
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17

AlphaOmega has gone CRAZY with movie boxsets!!! (Site is still FREELEECH!)

Important Update: PACKS GALORE !

Guess what? Not only has AO brought you open registration, Free Leech, and many other goodies for the holidays... here's our final gift to you. We noticed the amount of downloaders isnt quite where we expect it for around 5k members. So we put our heads together to create a new revolutionary idea to boost member activity.

250 Boxsets. Yes, you heard me correct. Our uploaders and staff have been working hard and are releasing 250 packs for your viewing pleasure. Let me remind you.... THESE ARE FREE LEECH!!! OMGz!! 250 Packs?!?! OMG OMG OMG!

Not impressed yet? Well they are all hosted on gbit servers.... so suck on that.

250 Packs. All Free Leech. Gbit speeds.

Merry Christmas, from AO.
    Last edited by tekky; 17.12.10 at 02:56.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

Jordan (20.03.12) , illusive (17.02.11) , Instab (17.12.10) , slikrapid (17.12.10) , pimphead07 (17.12.10) , SealLion (17.12.10)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast