P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113

what.cd log IPs?

hello friends,
    i am trading a my account for a what.cd account but i am worried that the user i am trading with signed up from canada and from now on i will be logging on with my indian IP so do i have any chances of getting disabled?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    If he signed up with a Canadian IP and you log in from an Indian IP, the account's gone.
    There are other things you can do, such as using proxies, etc. But that may be a real hassle for you. You'll always have to worry on numerous of factors, like stability, finding good proxies, etc.

And yes, What.CD logs IPs. They're like the worst guys when it comes to logging stuff. In other words, they log everything they can on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Gapo; 08.11.10 at 16:53.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

anon (08.11.10)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    hessler, you'd have known the answer to your question if you had searched a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
    And yes, What.CD logs IPs. They're like the worst guys when it comes to logging stuff. In other words, they log everything they can on a daily basis.
    True.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    There are many ways to trade your account safely. They are all related to social engineering. Some nice words, fast replies and you're done.

1- Trade the account and if you get banned (you might* get banned) go to their irc and ask for it. Yes, ask for the account back!. Say I'm in holiday and I opened my account here (that's one suggestion of many others). However, you must have all the information regarding the account and the previous holder ready (who invited you, where in Canada do you live! etc..). Any delay in answering any of the questions will result in a permanent ban.

2- **If they have a help channel (I can't remember + not bothered to search now ), ask the account holder to go to their irc before trading and pretend to be looking for help. He should tell them he is going on holiday and he's scared his account will be banned when he logs from another country. They will probably do somethings

*I went on holiday and I opened my what.cd account there and downloaded normally with no problem whatsoever. I didn't do any of the steps above, that's why I said might. You have to use common sense though, surely you didn't use a portkey,floo powder or an SR-71 to travel from Canada to India. So keep the account closed for 2 weeks or so (I opened after 3 weeks), then open it in India and your chances of not being banned are high.

**That's what bcg use, you have to inform them first then they will put a note in the system to allow you to log in any place without getting banned.

Finally, after all this, what.man et al will be waiting eagerly for your friend to join irc or they will be watching for a change from a Canadian IP to an Indian one. So this will delay your process.

Regards
    caballero
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (11.11.10) , Blocker (09.11.10)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    2- **If they have a help channel (I can't remember + not bothered to search now )
    irc.what-network.net
    #what.cd-help for "overall" help
    #what.cd-disabled for help with disabled accounts or privileges

It's permastored in my memory!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1621
    Sure your account will get disabled

They log IP's

Mine is logged

caballero's advise is good!
    Last edited by Blocker; 09.11.10 at 02:55.
    Thanks

What account are you trading away,what cd fan?
    Thanks

The worst part is, that you will be logging in from India.. which is a banned country on what.cd. I am not too sure if what.cd admins will be listening to any pleads if the account gets banned. Because banned countries were banned because of numerous cases of cheating/trading. So they will definitely be very suspicious.
    Last edited by pimphead07; 09.11.10 at 04:29.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pimphead07 View Post
    The worst part is, that you will be logging in from India.. which is a banned country on what.cd. I am not too sure if what.cd admins will be listening to any pleads if the account gets banned
    what.cd does NOT ban Indian IPs for its members through invites.It only bans India for interview...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    what.cd does NOT ban Indian IPs for its members through invites.It only bans India for interview...
    true.. but in such a case where there is a suspicion of trading, they will certainly be more cautious
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    true.. but in such a case where there is a suspicion of trading, they will certainly be more cautious
    and so will i be but it can go anywhere lets see what happens

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

What account are you trading away,what cd fan?
    will this information be necessary for the staff if i get banned and go to talk to them at IRC, just kidding
    i am trading it with HDchina
    Last edited by hessler; 09.11.10 at 15:09.
    Thanks

The real problem will come when, and I am assuming you would, change your email address on what.cd. Because if I am an Admin, I will see country change, i'll be like ' hmm okay'.. but if you change your email as well, that will pretty much be a clear cut indication of trading. All I can say is, All the best mate.. May the force be with you
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    The real problem will come when, and I am assuming you would, change your email address on what.cd. Because if I am an Admin, I will see country change, i'll be like ' hmm okay'.. but if you change your email as well, that will pretty much be a clear cut indication of trading. All I can say is, All the best mate.. May the force be with you
    No it is not. If they did that to everybody who changed their country IP and e-mail, they'd be banning a lot of innocent users as well. Though, I'm pretty sure they've disabled a lot of innocent users too. After all, it's What.CD - We don't give a .... We're right. Period.
    Thanks

There is really no plausible excuse for logging in from a foreign country AND changing email and pass at the same time...

ABSOLUTELY NONE...

Quote Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've disabled a lot of innocent users too..
    I remember reading here once that anon said he was banned from that tracker coz his username there was also anon.Later some completely different user whose name was anon on that tracker was also banned even though there was no apparent connection...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590

Exclamation

There is really no plausible excuse for logging in from a foreign country AND changing email and pass at the same time...

ABSOLUTELY NONE...
    There are always plausible reasons.

Let's say I remember my What.CD account credentials, but I forgot my e-mail password.
    I'm now in a foreign country and because I forgot my e-mail password, I change my e-mail.

I'd say that's a pretty plausible situation.

Plus, we didn't say anything about changing your What.CD PW. But again, my excuse can be as simple as: I've typed my password on a public computer of mine back in country X. I fear my account is in danger if I don't change my PW ASAP.

All taken into account; you shouldn't change your What.CD credentials (such as e-mail and PW) and your IP in one go. Do all of it on separate occasions.
    Last edited by Gapo; 09.11.10 at 17:02.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast