+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visa or Mastercard?

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    ve seen my parents get a bankloan to pay off a visa coz of the interest i guess so tbh id go for the one that charges the least
    Visa doesn't have interest. Here it costs 20 euro per year and you can use it all you want. The card has a limit though which is usually set at 1250 euro but can easily be doubled. For more you'd switch to a silver or even golden mastercard. Mastercard here costs a bit more but it's still neglectable. The card, however, does have a fee when you use it to get money out of the wall. But you obviously use your normal bank card for something like that and as a result, do not have to worry about said fee.

What does cost a lot of money though, is when the Visa bill arrives and you do not have the money to pay it. In other words, you've been spending money you do not have. The amount gets taken out of your bank account automatically, and if you do not have the money, you will end up well below zero depending on how much you bought. This kind of "loan" that the bank gives you is often referred to as a short loan and obviously thanks its name to the fact that the interest on the amount you're below zero is a killer. Yet this is still interesting if you need like 100 euro or something for one day eg you need to pay a bill this very day and you know your new pay check gets deposited tomorrow or something. Not paying your bill would probably cost (either money or trouble) you more than 1 day of interest.

Seeing your parents had to take a bank loan to pay it off, I can only conclude they have been spending money they do not have for several months and got themselves into trouble they couldn't get out of without having to loan money. No offence to your parents, but as a note to the original poster, having a credit card takes responsibility. Think before getting one as it might get you in a lot of trouble if you can't handle it right.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    yea it was probably a holiday or something and decided to just pay it go away then sort it out after i mean my parents arnt rich but they dnt do bad they go where they want when the want got own house car all that stuff holidays every year maybe something just come up where they needed money quick maybe to help my sister out whene she got divorced idk it was a while back all i remember them saying is going to bank to get loan to pay the card off so i just guessed visa's piled interest on but idk maybe they had a few bills and wanted the lot payed off so got the loan so they only had 1 (probably smaller) monthly payment to make. still as long as i can possibly keep out of debt i will. when i left school and got a job i got a overdraft then when i was outa work and had to pay it back it killed me lol, im a bricklayer so work is hard to get these days sooo its best i do my best to keep out of debt.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12