+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Review and Recommendations : Top must-have proxy softwares

Review and Recommendations : Top must-have proxy softwares

Phew..Hectic last few days...
    Finally get some breather...

All right here we go....

----------------------------------------

This is original research of the best free anti-block softwares/tools available for the masses today...
    Just my opinion...

----------------------------------------

The Chinese govt as you know bans website if it feels like it...NO surprise therefore that the best tools are Chinese...
    Currently most anti-censorship tools only offer protection to web traffic, which means a user’s privacy and safety are only protected when he/she visits those specific websites, but other applications with non-web protocols, such as emails, instant messaging, and audio/video streaming, are still subject to censorship.
    But I still recommend the below softwares
    s

#.GPass

Global Pass | Global Pass

Gpass is an Internet anti-jamming product widely used in China to overcome Internet censorship, released by World’s Gate, Inc. in the summer of 2006.

-Its innovative.
    o Support for streaming audio/video, email, instant messaging, download managers, as well as web surfing
    o Encrypted socks tunnels and backup tunnels using Skype and Tor
    o Integrated application firewall
    o Green and free software: copy and run without installation
    o English, Chinese, Farsi interface, Burmese manual

#FirePhoenix

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHT | FirePhoenix

-FirePhoenix (FP) is the first virtual private network (VPN) based anti-censorship tool which is dramatically different from other existing tools. It offers the most powerful protection so far to users working under censorship.

Product Highlight

Universal

FirePhoenix (FP) protects all your Internet applications and protocols, not only web (http) traffic. It encrypts your data and hides your IP address when you send/receive emails, play networked games, chat with instant messengers (MSN, Yahoo Messenger, AOL IM, etc.), receive streaming media, as well as browse the web. FP immunizes Internet users against monitoring or eavesdropping on ANY information flowing in/out of your computer.

Automatic

FP's powerful protection does not require complex settings by a user. The protection is in place as soon as FP is started. No need to find or set proxies; no need to modify any setting in your applications.

Secure

FP encrypts all your network traffic. No third-party can recognize what Internet information is flowing in/out of your computer, even if they are monitoring your traffic.
    -One of the most comprehensive tools there is...Downside though is that it makes your surfing experience that much slow...

# GTunnel

Garden Networks for Information Freedom

GTunnel is a Windows application that works as a local HTTP or SOCKS proxy server, developed by non-profit organization Garden Networks

GTunnel protects Internet users’ privacy and freedom of speech in these ways:

* User’s IP address is hidden and user’s Internet privacy protected. The destination servers see GTunnel server addresses instead.
    * Traffic content is encrypted with industry-strength algorithms between the user’s PC and GTunnel servers so the local filtering/censorship systems will not see the content in clear-text format.
    * Blockade of target servers circumvented.

-Haven't tried this yet but I read its a favorite of many...

#FreeGate

Dynaweb

FreeGate is an anti-censorship software for secure and fast Internet access developed and maintained by Dynamic Internet Technology Inc. (DIT: Dynamic Internet Technology), a pioneer in censorship-circumvention operation, which was founded originally in 2001 to provide email delivery services to China for U.S. government agencies and NGOs.It is a Windows application that runs on most Windows platforms from Windows 98 to Vista, as well as on Linux and MAC through WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X .

-The software is nice and secure i.e if you know your way around...
    -The software Gpass I mentioned earlier has a FF add-on called Gproxy that helps users to manage and switch proxy settings easily. It supports GPass, FreeGate, UltraSurf, Garden, and other proxy systems, with Chinese and English interface.

A video tutorial in case you like it...

#Ultrasurf

UltraSurf

-Hands down one of the most popular and successful proxy tools on the market
    -It’s a flagship anti-censorship product by UltraReach Internet Corp. (UltraSurf), an Internet technology company founded in 2002 by a group of Silicon Valley technologists (Chinese). It’s is a green software, no installation process is needed and no change in system setting is required.
    -UltraSurf enables users inside countries with heavy Internet censorship to visit any public web sites in the world safely and freely- just the same as using the regular IE browser– while it automatically searches the fastest proxy servers in the background. It has strong support for load balancing and fault tolerance, and it even employs a decoying mechanism to thwart any tracing effort of its communication with its infrastructure.
    -UltraSurf has following features:

* Protect privacy

Protect Internet privacy with anonymous surfing and browsing — hide IP addresses and locations, clean browsing history, cookies & more …
    * High security
    Completely transparent data transfer and high level encryption of the content allow you to surf the web with high security.
    * Great freedom
    UltraSurf allows you to overcome the censorship and blockage on the Internet. You can browse any website freely, so as to obtain true information from the free world.

UltraSurf has gained large popularity among the Internet users, which has got:

* Daily hits over 800 million
    * Daily traffic over 8,000 GB
    * Millions of users
    * Users from over 180 countries

A video tutorial

-It really was my favorite until I noticed no matter where you are in the world the IP range you get will always the one you see in the video above.The last digits may change other its always that number...
    -So there's a good chance that some paranoid trackers may ban that IP range

So to counter that here is my absolute favorite tool

Spoiler No. 1:
    #1. Tor

Tor Project: Anonymity Online

-This program can protect by bouncing the communications through a distributed network of relays run by users all around the world. This way it can prevent someone watching the Internet connection the view the visited sites and can also prevent the visited sites from learning the physical location.
    -Tor works not only with web browsers but with instant messaging clients, remote login, or other applications that are based on the TCP protocol. Still, this doesn't mean that this software encrypts all the Internet activities. It doesn't solve all anonymity problems. The focus is only on protecting the transport of data.

-What makes this program awesome is that it has so much variety.One version comes bundled with a portable browser.One for smartphones.One for instant messaging and so on...
    -No fuss required.
    -Just run Tor and enjoy...
    -Voted 5 stars in many reviews around the world...
    -Certainly the best I've used(I :heart: simplicity)

Check out this video for any doubts

There are others like paperbus ( PaperBus / The Free Proxy Service! ) that require registration and some other stuff that we are not comfortable giving out so can't recommend them...

The list is by no means comprehensive but I hope is informative...

-------------

I hope you like this article and please leave your responses, even if criticisms,in the comments section below
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (15.10.10) , pimphead07 (15.10.10) , Yuppy (13.10.10) , saebrtooth (13.10.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    can i use one of them to take what.cd interview with MIRC? bcoz my country is banned from the invites channel
    Thanks

Short Answer : NO

Long Answer : HELL NO

Anyway they ask you for direct results from speedtest.in....What are you gonna do then?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    Quote Originally Posted by hessler View Post
    can i use one of them to take what.cd interview with MIRC? bcoz my country is banned from the invites channel
    Only If you find a good working proxy. But don't rely on most free tools, such as the above ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    What are you gonna do then?
    Run the speedtest while you're using the proxy.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Tor sucks, Ultrasurf all the way. None of them is perfect, though - Ultrasurf will just drop the connection when uploading or downloading large chunks of data.

I wouldn't advice a proxy for the What.cd IRC interview at all, unless you really know what you're doing and the proxy remains stable enough for you to be able to use it on the tracker afterwards. I'm sure they check for this via port scanning, also.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Hey hessler,I forgot to mention this in the earlier post but I'm suffering the same predicament as you...I'm from a interview-banned country too...

So if you do manage to find a work-around you'll tell me won't you?

Or perhaps you can ask someone here for an invite....I tried asking way back but couldn't get one... They don't like the God Of War it seems...Too violent they said...

Perhaps you can find someone here whose views are congruent with that of Asif Ali Zardari...

Good Luck Sir...
    Thanks

A tutorial on how to bypass Internet Censorship using Proxies, Shells, JAP e.t.c. Different ways to beat the filtering in schools, countries or companies (blocked ports e.t.c).

HOWTO bypass Internet Censorship, a tutorial on getting around filters and blocked ports

However the above link contains an article which is old...

The newer and better content can be found at

Main Page - Cship
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    after reading ur post i thought to change my Avatar in the first place but then when i read abt war lord NO NO NO.
    and i am not a Paki i used this image from a russian site i like the expressions on his face perfect to use it on the forums like this doesnt matter who the person is.
    and if u have anything personal with him, i cant help u with that, really
    and i think u r not a paki either, Indian is my best bet
    and i feel to find a fast working elite proxy is better then anything else for this matter
    speedtest will also go with it.
    and if i somehow able to get into what i will remember to invite u but i want to ask when all the indian and international music is easily available to get hold of elsewhere why do ye intend in getting into what, considering that u r from india its the most "music piracy" suffering country in the world.
    why i want to join what bcoz i am a big fan of algerian rebel music cant be found here in the indian markets so internet is the only option and its so rare its even hard to find it on the internet.
    oh and i forgot to mention i am from india
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread