Thread: Freebies Software

P2P Client
    eMule, Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss158
    Wondershare Time Freeze 2.0

Wondershare Time Freeze 2.0 is easy-to-use and effective virtual system software. It helps users to surf online and play around with computer on virtual environment, so as to keep computer safe from virus, spyware, Trojans, worms, and other threats.
    Key Features and Benefits of Time Freeze 2.0:
    1.Easy switch between virtual system and real system: To enter virtual system, you don't need to reboot computer; to return to the real system, just exit system protection mode, and you can save or discard virtual system data freely. Time Freeze 2.0 creates a virtual environment, on which you evaluate applications and perform other activities. While the real system is under protection, you don't need to worry about viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware and other threats. Newly added MBR protection enhanced protection to the boot sector of hard disk so as to guarantee the normal start up of computer.
    2.Virtual system performance increased 60%: Physical Memory Buffer Mode lets you save virtual system data on physical memory rather than on the hard disk, so as to improve the efficiency of virtual system. And also minimize the frequency of writing/reading hard disk and prolong its service life.
    3.More Robust & Flexible Folders Protection Improved software kernel brings higher-level security to folders. It not only prohibit unauthorized others to view or make change to your files, but keep them safe and clean. Time Freeze 2.0 allows you to set different protection mode for different folders.
    4.Revolutionary Design & Improved Compatibility: The interface is a new design, and is more intuitive than before. The flashing system tray icon is gone in Time Freeze 2.0. You can auto hide the tray icon, or press Alt+Ctrl+F8 to show/hide system tray icon.
    5.Access Protection Manage the program with a password and prevent other to change your settings.
    Get Free Keycode of Wondershare Time Freeze2.0!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anon (26.10.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Ashampoo Photo Commander 8

Ashampoo Photo Commander is probably the only tool you need for organizing, editing, sharing and presenting your digital photos. In addition to this it can also be used for managing your audio and video files, with high-quality integrated players.
    Additional information:

System Requirements: Windows XP/ Vista (x32/x64)/ 7
    Publisher: Ashampoo GmbH & Co
    Homepage: Ashampoo® - We Make Software!...
    File Size: 95.4 MB
    Price: The program is available for $39.99, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

Giveaway of the Day: Ashampoo Photo Commander 8

Time left for free give away at time of posting: Active Giveaway time left: 16 hours 47 minutes
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

eMuLeecheR (26.10.11)

P2P Client
    eMule, Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss158
    BitDefender Internet Security 2011/2012 (1 year for free)

BitDefender Internet Security 2012 is a security suite designed to provide your computer with the latest technologies against viruses and other virtual enemies.
    The interface is very user-friendly and attractive. Here you can view the current protection status for antivirus, firewall, and antispam, while updates are automatically done on a regular basis (there's also a manual option to “update now”).
    A parental profile (a highly intuitive function that also comes with predefined profiles) can be extensively configured to filter online websites for children (it seems that BitDefender really wanted to put an emphasis on this portion), while scanning options include quick, full system, custom, vulnerability scan, or rescue mode.
    BitDefender Internet Security 2012 comes with a lot of features, like an adjustable scanning mode, instant messaging control, Facebook control, a BitDefender toolbar (monitors online traffic and other activity), and others.
    Switching to auto pilot mode will disable BitDefender from displaying you any notifications.
    Our tests ran perfectly, and BitDefender has once again managed to keep up with modern standards. Memory is moderately used during an active scan, and the application didn't present any bugs or crashes whatsoever.
    Fortunately, you don't have to be a power user to learn how to use BitDefender's full features, as it remains a very easy-to-use program.
    Its price makes BitDefender accessible, and all users should at least try it out as their number one antivirus technology system. We were very excited to see how BitDefender Internet Security 2012 would perform, and the application is definitely worth the trouble.
    BitDefender 2011
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (10.07.12) , leechmodder (02.12.11)

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    I LOVED Acdsee 2.x, and now I found something as fast that is continually updated and is completely free, worth a try XnView Software - Free graphic and photo viewer, converter, organizer
    Last edited by SomeGuy; 02.12.11 at 14:53.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I LOVED Acdsee 2.x, and now I found something as fast that is continually updated and is completely free
    Perhaps, IrfanView
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    PrivateFireWall :

Publisher's Description
    From Privacyware:

Privatefirewall is a Personal Firewall and Host Intrusion Prevention application designed to help individuals and businesses protect Windows desktops and servers from malware and unauthorized use. Privatefirewall addresses the operating system and application level vulnerabilities and intrusion techniques that hackers exploit to gain access and cause damage to private systems and data. Privatefirewall provides an excellent layer of additional protection to the Windows operating system. Beyond unparalleled personal firewall protection, Privatefirewall leverages proprietary HIPS technologies that model and monitor system and application behavior to identify and block activity characteristic of known malware, hacking, phishing and other threat types. Privatefirewall ranks among the best performing desktop defense applications tested against the industry's most rigorous leak, general bypass, spying and termination tests and is among a short list of free personal firewall and host intrusion prevention software (HIPS) products that fully supports Microsoft's Windows 7 Operating System.

What's new in this version: Version 7.0.25.5 added ability to select multiple applications in process monitor, applications, detected applications and trusted publishers, select all option for trusted publisher page so that users can remove all if desired, and added trusted publishers to settings export.
    A firewall with a small CPU footprint.

Download Link here: CNET.com
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (05.12.11) , anon (04.12.11)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    PrivateFireWall :

A firewall with a small CPU footprint.
    Anyone tried that? I have my router as a firewall, but I'm considering adding an extra layer of protection. Being lightweight is a welcome attribute, as my netbook has limited resources.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I have it installed on one of my OS and I haven't any concerns at the moment. It is like most firewalls that you install as this one, like others, goes through a training period. It's a very simple and easy to navigate interface. If I were to compare firewalls like Privatefirewall with another one like Comodo firewall I'd say that Comodo has more to navigate through with a bunch of settings that you never even bother with (Disregarding for a moment that Comodo is a very good software in itself).

However, as per my experience with PrivateFirewall, in addition to it having a small footprint, an easy to navigate interface along with the usual and expected training that normally goes with firewall softwares this one I've always found easy to use. Definitely a hell of a lot better than ZoneAlarm which seemed to do nothing except crash my entire system which left me a real bad taste in my mouth for ZoneAlarm (at least per my own experiences). I checked around a number of different places around the internet and on average, Privatefirewall was either somewhere near the top, middle, or mid-top...depending on who did the review of course. Nevertheless with my system and Privatefirewall being in place, on average the memory it takes up is about 5600 K.

I've had Privatefirewall installed on one of my OS for about 6 months or so. The current version is 7.0.25.5
    Don't let it's simplicity fool you into thinking that it's 2nd grade or something. Looks don't really matter all that much. It's functionality that counts the most. You can set custom and default settings for both Internet and Network security. It's got a process filter that, if you expand the window, will give you a set of rules that you have allowed for different programs. This along with logs and port tracking. It doesn't have much in the way of settings but when you think about it, how often do you actually tweek any of the settings with any kind of firewall-related software??

In my own case, I don't tweek any of the firewall settings that often b/c a firewall product creator is aware of some of the common tweeks that users have and may make the settings a default in his/her own product creation. I mean there are basic and advanced settings but the settings are not a mile long to go through. Maybe this is one of the ways that this firewall, which is free to use, isn't so heavily bogged down with useless settings and more so, size.

Overall, IMO, I'd set this one farther up the top then that sh**t ZoneAlarm that, like I said, crashed my system every time and wouldn't even let me log on. Like "what the hell!!" That thing was so bat-fu**k stupid, I can't speak enough of how bad that crap-ZoneAlarm was.
    Last edited by SealLion; 04.12.11 at 05:18.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (05.12.11) , anon (04.12.11)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    I have installed PF and just finished setting it up. It is, as you said, very easy to use. Right now I put it in training mode for the whole week, so that it learns the programs I run and doesn't bother me with tons of alerts. The process monitor is also cool. If anything suspicious tries to run, I can prevent it from doing so. And it has an IP blocker that actually works, unlike Windows' built-in nullrouting which I wasn't able to use despite disabling dead gateway detection and whatnot. Very useful to block certain harmful IPs.

"I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.12.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    There is a program that I have been using for the last number of years called Safarp. It's very fast, lightweight, and is a better replacement to the built-in Add/Remove programs feature inside Windows.

Safarp is a small and fast alternative to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet of Windows 2000/XP. It displays a list of the installed programs and allows one to uninstall / repair them.

Additional features are:

* Search function
    * Obsolete list entries removal
    * Export program list to a file (HTML, RTF, CSV...)
    * New report templates can be written to export to other file formats
    * Accessibility via the Control Panel (optional)
    * Option to hide the Windows hotfixes
    * Standard Windows interface (no fancy UI that slows down the program)
    Unlike Add/Remove inside windows, Safarp loads up faster b/c it does not load up the icons for each of the programs. It does give the user the option to load up the icons; however, that would be defeating the purpose of this program.

.....To achieve the best loading time, turn Fast mode on and Load icons off. This is the mode Safarp was initially designed for....

Additionally, it also has the function to save the list present inside the programs display window to be "Saved as...." for what-ever reasons you like.

Here is the link.

ordain them laws".

Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

BrianBosworth (15.12.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

RootKit Unhooker

Latest version of RootKit Unhooker:

Rootkit Unhooker LE (RkU) is an advanced rootkit detection/removal utility, designed specially for advanced users and IT professionals. Rootkit Unhooker searches for and stops unwanted processes running in the background, which could pass on information to third parties. RKU main features are: detection of different type of hooks (just as example: most common used splicing, Import table patching, Export table patching, DKOH, (S)SSDT patching, IDT manipulation etc), successful removal most of them (if they of course can be removed and doesnt restoring), detection of the other hidden stuff such as processes, drivers, files, alternate data streams stealth code working in kernel mode, internal system mismatches and much, much more.
    and....

An advanced rootkit detection/removal utility. Here are some key features of "Rootkit Unhooker":

Service Descriptor Table hooks detection

* Includes Service Descriptor Table hooks removing (unhooking)

SYSENTER/Int 2e hooks detection

* Detection of hooking sysenter instruction handler and system interrupt (IDT) hook

SYSENTER/Int 2e hooks removing (unhooking)

* Restoring original instruction (interrupt) handler

Hidden processes detection

* Detection of processes hidden from Windows API

* Most strong in the world at current time

* Detection of processes with full path and name (unique)

Hidden processes terminating

* Including force-kill powered by PVASE

* (c) PVASE Process Virtual Address Space Erasing

Hidden processes dumping

* With capability to rebuild file for analysis

Hidden drivers detection

* Detection of drivers hidden from Windows API

* combines four different methods of detection and including special five (c) Stealth Walker technology

* and six (c) KMSE - Kernel Memory Scanning Engine

Hidden drivers dumping

* Unique feature that gives you capability to make dump of selected driver

IRP hooks detection

* Look for "References" column on the Hidden Drivers Detector page

Detection of API-based hooks (Code Hooks Detection)

* Includes most strong at this time inline (splicing) hooks detection in drivers and libraries. Detected hooks: on functions and on IRP's (for drivers)

Detection of hidden libraries

* As part of Code Hooks Detector page. Displays address (if can be determined) of hidden library

Hidden files detection

* Includes detection of files hidden from Windows API on the disks. Supported file systems are: FAT32 and NTFS (full support - including ADS).

Low level files operation

* Wipe/Copy functions for visible and hidden files (including ADS).

Update system

* Can check our server for software updates

Report generation

* Automatically generates report with all needed information (not huge and useless like in others programs)

Program self-protection

* Contains some methods that are able to prevent some malware from interrupting work of program. Includes internal integrity checking and antidebugging
    Download link below:

If you decide to use this program then I strongly urge you to download from the link given below. It's a more reputable site.

Other Google searches will provide invalid download links and in some cases have a trojan in it. I scanned one .zip download and Comodo AV revealed a trojan. From the link given below, the same AV did NOT reveal a trojan.

Previous v.3.7 is available here: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-61519.html
    Last edited by SealLion; 25.12.11 at 16:52.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (16.07.12) , cheatos (25.12.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Artha ~ The Open Thesaurus

Artha is a handy thesaurus based on WordNet with distinct features like global hotkey look-up, passive desktop notifications, regular expression based search, etc.. Artha may be used as a free open-source replacement to the proprietary WordWeb Pro
    Works for both Linux and Windows.

Artha ~ The Open Thesaurus | Free Home & Education software downloads at SourceForge.net

Home page:

Home - Artha

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

FAST COPY v2.08

This is a really small program. I feel it works better than the Windows supplied copy program b/c it allows you to verify the copying process and allows you to filter what you want to exclude or include in your copying. Gives you a small readout too of the total amount of read/write rate, file transfer rate, etc..etc..

Shell extension included too.

FastCopy is the Fastest Copy/Delete Software on Windows.

It supports UNICODE and over MAX_PATH (260 byte) file pathnames.

It automatically selects different methods according to whether Source and DestDir are in the same or different HDD.
    Because Reading/Writing are processed with no OS cache at all, other applications don't easily become slow.
    It can achieve Reading/Writing performance that is close to device limit.
    Include/Exclude Filter (UNIX Wildcard style) can be specified.
    It runs fast and does not hog resources, because MFC is not used. (Designed using Win32 API and C Runtime only)

link: FastCopy

Enjoy.
    Last edited by SealLion; 27.12.11 at 03:02.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I love email spammers. You love them too, don't you??

And here's a great way for you to look out for their best interests. Send them spam right back.

SpamMe is a program that will subcribe any email to hundred of newsletters. So you can Spam any email
    http://www.spam-me.net/

Its free software.

And use it diligently for those you love most.
    Last edited by SealLion; 30.12.11 at 05:48.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

sebota (30.12.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    FastResolver v1.22 - Scan IP addresses for host names and MAC addresses

Description

FastResolver is a small utility that resolves multiple host names into IP addresses and vice versa. You can simply type the list of IP addresses or host name that you want to resolve, or alternatively, you can specify IP addresses range that you want to scan. For local network, FastResolver also allows you to get the MAC address of all IP addresses that you scan. FastResolver is a multithreaded application, so it can resolve dozens of addresses within a few seconds.
    Download link and additional information:

FastResolver - Host Names/IP Addresses/MAC Address Scanner
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Libre Office Suite is the alternative to Open Office. Libre is suppose to be a fork of Open Office and supposedly does not have the registration that Oo has. Libre Office is cross platform and is Open Source too.

Home » LibreOffice

Libre Office comes at approx. 190 MB.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast