+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What trackers allow User made compilations??

What trackers allow User made compilations??

I read this on waffles

Music uploads of the following types are not allowed

1. Discographies, audience recordings, webrips, internet radio, video game sourced (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, DJ Hero, etc.), and self/fan/user-made compilations. (includes Beatport compilations)
    2. Individual tracks, unless officially released as such (e.g., CDS, promo disc, pre-release, etc.). Proof of source, in the form of a link and/or disc scan, must be included in the torrent description, or your torrent will be deleted.
    3. There are no exceptions to these rules.
    and it broke my heart...

I live by these user made compilations on the public trackers...They are great way to discover new music artist/genres/styles without the hassle needed to surf all over the net...

I am not on what.cd but I'm prepared to bet they don't allow it either...

So which music trackers allow user-made compilations??

PS - waffles does not allow music videos??I didn't see a category...
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WOW That's Private :P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss965
    well i think low level music trackers will allow users compilations , Pedro's(btmusic) not allowed , indietorrents not allowed also on what.cd not allowed
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Resurrection (02.09.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    are not allowed..self/fan/user-made compilations.
    thats nothing unusual, its actually logical, as the idea is to share genuine releases, copies/rips of items that are as such officially released by their original creators/authors or their representatives/distributors/contractors

if user-made compilations are to be allowed you could expect a flood of these as users will try to maintain their ratio by uploading all kinds of self-made collections with other inherent problems as: different song bitrates, different sound levels per song, different encoding per song, multiple duplicate entries, even lower number of seeders/peers for such material, substantial increase in the number of torrents and so on - thus it makes sense to see such compilations only/mostly on 'unregulated' public trackers

lastly, it goes back to individual taste (similar to reviews) - its hard (maybe even impossible) to find users who have similar/identical music taste/preferences to your own, so its a gamble every time

furthermore, i noticed that the officially released 'various artists' compilations tend to be quite deceiving in their choice of songs from particular artists, in that these supposedly 'informed picks' (as one might expect top notch material) can be very far from the artist's best efforts/performance, especially in non-mainstream genres, as if people responsible for the choices aren't really that skilled or interested in the genre, like they are just using almost random stuff to fill the required amount or duration of the compilation

which imo leads back to the golden rule (gotta do-it-yourself if you want it done properly ) - listen to the actual official album in order to create an individual opinion, everything else (reviews, opinions, compilations) may serve only as (very) rough indicators or (quite) deficient guidelines

as a side note, the same may be said for other forms of entertainment (movies, series, games,...) as well
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Resurrection (02.09.10)

Thanks for the replies guys...

Quote Originally Posted by enginsale View Post
    well i think low level music trackers will allow users compilations
    Can you name them all..I'd really like to know...

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    \m/
    Hey slik,
    thats all fine..I never said I had anything against it...

I was just asking which sites allowed it...Do you know any???You didn't mention anything of that sort in your reply...
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (02.09.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection
    Hey slik,
    thats all fine..I never said I had anything against it...

I was just asking which sites allowed it...Do you know any???You didn't mention anything of that sort in your reply...
    sure, i just wrote some thoughts/observations on the subject

also, if i knew some sites that allow these compilations i would have mentioned them, but as it happens none of them afaik do
    Thanks

P2P Client
    aMule
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    Upload it in a free host or soundcloud

But you can always ask moderators maybe they will allow user made compilations in a special release
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread