Poll: Which staff are worst?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Staff Are The Worst?

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    It'd be like stoi has already stated several times - everyone would make hundreds of dupes to hold/leech/trade/sell.
    they feel that by giving invites they can get good users?how many of people will utilise the invites in goodway,they think they are inviting the user who dont have account but he will be banned before on the same tracker.

bad is everywhere anon

take a example (i am not saying i am good) i had got 3 times on what.cd none of the times i had been banned for dupe.
    Last edited by jacksbi; 06.08.10 at 16:47.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    The current system isn't perfect but they would get many, many more "bad users" if they opened signups.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss8
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksbi View Post
    opening signups once or twice a year will not do lot of harm
    I'm interested as to why you say this. Is it entirely based on personal observation and you gut feeling or do you have another reason for arguing that? I think that opening signups occasionally would still create these problems. People are impatient, I certainly am, and as a result some (I'd hazard that this would be quite a few) aren't going to want to wait six months for that well seeded copy of the new Alphaville (one can dream) if they can trade/buy an invite faster. Indeed I think that occasional signups would do little to the lessen the problem in some ways, although the value of accounts would go down I'm not sure the desire to obtain them would. It would just be that people spending £8 on an account would now be instead get them free via giveaways or for a minimal sum.

However, I haven't been tracker staff, or in the bittorrent scene, for all that long so if you know something that I don't then please do share.

@theseus:you had voted other who is that other?
    I voted Other because it allows me to see the results all the time without having to pick. Honestly, I respect and like most of the tracker staff I've come into contact with (not all that many) and I don't think that calling people out publically does anything positive for anyone.

EDIT: Ah yes, interviews. I forgot. I think that banning a small number of countries from the interview channel (and from the site as a whole) is another useful tool. It does stop a tiny number of good users entering, I will concede, but it also prevents our interviewers from wasting their time on countless dupe accounts. We do review our country bans though, and try and ensure we only ban what is absolutely necessary. But really, when it's one country causing 90% of the trouble (or 3 or 4), then removing them is a sensible and easy way of lessening our workload and keeping those who break our rules out.
    Last edited by Theseus; 06.08.10 at 16:56.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
    I'm interested as to why you say this. Is it entirely based on personal observation and you gut feeling or do you have another reason for arguing that? I think that opening signups occasionally would still create these problems. People are impatient, I certainly am, and as a result some (I'd hazard that this would be quite a few) aren't going to want to wait six months for that well seeded copy of the new Alphaville (one can dream) if they can trade/buy an invite faster. Indeed I think that occasional signups would do little to the lessen the problem in some ways, although the value of accounts would go down I'm not sure the desire to obtain them would. It would just be that people spending £8 on an account would now be instead get them free via giveaways or for a minimal sum.

However, I haven't been tracker staff, or in the bittorrent scene, for all that long so if you know something that I don't then please do share.
    its my personal view of thinking but it is upto the respective tracker staff to decide it.i am also happy with the invite system which you have in place.i want the same system to be established on the trackers.

some trackers even give invites for donation i have no problem with it but many people complain on it also.

i am seeing lot of people selling invites on forums like btracs,invitescene etc. for euros i am not talking about what.cd but tracker which are level5+ above or they think themselves as elite.

for example take hdbits they had disabled invites because invite sellers are selling the invites but now some of the vips are selling the invites for 150euros now whom can be balmed for that?
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    P2P Client
    UT2020
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    It's a shame that we must restrict access to #what.cd-invites, but one must understand that, being both volunteers and human beings, interviewers can only withstand so many negative experiences before the process serves to dispirit them completely. After all, they accepted the positions for the opportunity to invite good people to the site that they love. And speaking from experience, spending in excess of one hour with a seemingly upstanding interviewee only to later discover that he cheated, traded, or committed one or more of any number of possible ban-worthy infractions, can quickly become disheartening. Consider that the next time you decide to betray the trust of the person who invited you (whether through the interview or otherwise). There are always alternatives to improving the health of your account that do not involve cheating, and I really do urge you to take advantage of those avenues. You will find that maintaining a What.CD account legitimately is not so difficult.

Thanks

@jowa: I respect your pov as a staffer but when i decide to cheat, i make sure that i won't be able to survive using my home connection but thanks for the responses so far.

@jack: Exigo invites are open but through applications which must be approved by admins.
    A real friend of mine gave me one and he even buffers my account using his own seed box, No one can get Exigo by trading or buying, you need to really know someone from within and don't believe people selling or claiming that they want to trade their Exigo accounts (They are just scammers).
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 06.08.10 at 17:36.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyojojo65 View Post
    @jowa: I respect your pov as a staffer but when i decide to cheat, i make sure that i won't be able to survive using my home connection but thanks for the responses so far.

@jack: Exigo invites are open but through applications which must be approved by admins.
    A real friend of mine gave me one and he even buffers my account using his own seed box, No one can get Exigo by trading or buying, you need to really know someone from within and don't believe people selling or claiming that they want to trade their Exigo accounts (They are just scammers).
    yes mate thats what i am saying exigo invites must be approved by the staff same goes for fsc even u can find exigo invite from btmusic if you are a good uploader there and active in forum.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clapton View Post
    It's a shame that we must restrict access to #what.cd-invites, but one must understand that, being both volunteers and human beings, interviewers can only withstand so many negative experiences before the process serves to dispirit them completely. After all, they accepted the positions for the opportunity to invite good people to the site that they love. And speaking from experience, spending in excess of one hour with a seemingly upstanding interviewee only to later discover that he cheated, traded, or committed one or more of any number of possible ban-worthy infractions, can quickly become disheartening. Consider that the next time you decide to betray the trust of the person who invited you (whether through the interview or otherwise). There are always alternatives to improving the health of your account that do not involve cheating, and I really do urge you to take advantage of those avenues. You will find that maintaining a What.CD account legitimately is not so difficult.

it's not always about cheating the system, the thrill of bypassing your watchful eyes is half of the fun, seeing days and weeks add up without getting caught. feeling awesome reading all these "i got banned" threads on here while you giggle to self and enjoy your unbanned account for many months.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM (Vuz Extra Medium)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss500
    If a tracker doesn't want us to be inside their l33t tracker then me suggest just to ignore them and look elsewhere. Every tracker has their own "rules" (can be good but could be bad).

For the vote, I pick HDbits.org because of their staff unfriendly-ness to newbie and thinking they're the most sought and important tracker so they won't ever to open for "sign-up" (let alone invite)

I challenge "staff" of Hdbits to register their account here

PS. I give my appreciation and respect to trackers' staff who come here to "the dark side" and make a peaceful force manipulation here (You can't expect arse-licking will happen here )
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitCheater View Post
    it's not always about cheating the system, the thrill of bypassing your watchful eyes is half of the fun, seeing days and weeks add up without getting caught. feeling awesome reading all these "i got banned" threads on here while you giggle to self and enjoy your unbanned account for many months.
    Yes mostly on the trackers like what.cd which have some good scripts(i also cheat for my low speeds thats another matter) sometimes i am also afraid of cheating on what.cd but i love challenges,it is too fun when i can by pass the eyes of staff like sickofjesus etc.

it is also fun to hang on their disable channel when somany people will be coming and asking why i am disabled i love those conversations.
    Last edited by jacksbi; 07.08.10 at 04:17.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM (Vuz Extra Medium)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss500
    Yes mostly on the trackers like what.cd which have some good scripts(i also cheat for my low speeds thats another matter) sometimes i am also afraid of cheating on what.cd but i love challenges,it is too fun when i can by pass the eyes of staff like sickofjesus etc.

it is also fun to hang on their disable channel when somany people will be coming and asking why i am disabled i love those conversations.
    That's why I hate college because i have too much spare time atm (so I could cheat, fake, watch).
    Last edited by fakeking; 07.08.10 at 07:32.
    Thanks

Lets say they start contributing to the community,do you let these guys become 'members'?
    Last edited by Resurrection; 07.08.10 at 07:57.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Lets say they start contributing to the community,do you let these guys become 'members'?
    how u think they will contribute to the cheaters community?

i think it is near impossible,moreover they are staff of trackers,they have lot to do on trackers than becoming member status here.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Damn, been away for 3 days and missed all this drama in this post and also 700+ more posts.
    Anyway, a lot of drama here, staffers and users arguing and stuff.I voted for what.cd but not because I hate them, I just voted them because I got one of my accounts banned because they said I did a mess on Bitmetv.I'm not sure if it's what.cd's or bitmetv's fault for that, but the staff member( I forgot his name) was so rude and thought he knew everything about me.First mistake since I could get( and did ) another 3 accounts in just a couple of hours...But what really made me angry was that he stated and quote:
    Say goodbye to your waffles account
    So you ban me for no reason at all then you want to get my waffles account banned too because you are a big hot shot... So I verified my account and saw it wasn't banned( not even today ) and that I actually had my name like a guy on waffles who was donor. That's actually the reason I hated them for a long time.Staff abusing thier power and banning people for no reason like complete idiots and making a fool of themselves.

P.S.Waffles didn't banned that guy because they are far smarter than they let people think.
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM (Vuz Extra Medium)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss500
    how u think they will contribute to the cheaters community?

i think it is near impossible,moreover they are staff of trackers,they have lot to do on trackers than becoming member status here.
    Even though they want to become member and had become one here, There're no special priviliges we got here (like non-auto pruned, access to more features, etc )

@Mihai : That depends on that particular person's personality inside that particular tracker (especially college students )
    Last edited by fakeking; 07.08.10 at 13:28.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast