+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTX 470 Problem - freeze , BSOD , error nvidia driver

did you try and cross check this problem in another computer ? check if this error occurs in another Windows 7/Vista PC .
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    this is the problem , dont have how to test one another pc
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    check the temperatures of your GPU first and the ventilation of your whole case, then act further
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dju View Post
    check the temperatures of your GPU first and the ventilation of your whole case, then act further
    he said in the thread that his max temp was 87 that too in Furmark , a software which will max out your card's potential .

also as i said before the solutions are different for different people and they can be very hard to find out . only way to conclude that card is not at fault is by checking at someone else's PC with Vista or Windows 7 installed as this error occurs in those 2 OS only , but of course the OS has nothing to do with the error .
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    yes o know, maybe i will install a nother win vista/7 in another partition for do a test if the problem persist
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    afterburner shows nVidia driver version 258.96 while in the error popup it's 197.03 and it is wierd, perhaps the OS is causing this then. Mine 9800GTX has similar temperatures, i still cant play games longer than 2 or 3 hours, when the temperature reaches more than 85 degrees, even if the inside of my case is clean and in winter when the room is colder itself :) For this reason i put a bigger zaalman cooler onto my card, but thats another story... By default settings and idle it should be fine, otherwise there is a problem with the drivers or cooling/OC'ing, so try your card out with fresh system and see wats happening :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Maybe because you dont read all the post in page 1 LOl, i get this error on all version

"Note the error on the image 1 is when i was using thre driver that i downloaded from MSI, but the same error i was getting for the newest , the beta too."
    Last edited by raffav; 28.07.10 at 20:48.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Just to know i have make a fresh install of my windows 7 but the problem show up again driver stopped working and was recovered bla bla
    Thanks

has to be a defective card then .its tough to find out the cause but most of the times it turns out that the card's Ram is corrupt and i suspect the card is defective . i encountered the same thing , and the card was at fault . i have a new GFX card it works great . if you even google search this problem , most of the users have RMA'ed the defective card .
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    yes thanks , so i am really fu*kup because i bought this in us and i live in south America and in my country they( MSI)not support international (buy)
    Maybe i can ship to MSI usa for rma, but i dont think it will work
    sh***t
    Last edited by raffav; 04.08.10 at 21:55.
    Thanks

you should definitely contact MSI and tell them about the defective card and tell them you need to RMA the card . also tell them specifically that MSI has to pay for the courier when you send the card to their company since the card is defective from the start . even if MSI does not have a company in your country , that does not mean they cannot send a courier to collect the card . GTX 470 is an expensive gaming card and they should help you in RMA'ing the defective card .
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    you should definitely contact MSI and tell them about the defective card and tell them you need to RMA the card
    Already contact msi GLOBAL and US MSI and the store where i bought

also tell them specifically that MSI has to pay for the courier when you send the card to their company since the card is defective from the start
    the ship from me to MSI i need to pay, and Customs House services too, but if the product is defective and is in Warranty the will pay the ship back to me, but not Customs House service in my country (but the problem with the Customs House can be avoid if you pay some tax for filling a declaration in post office and specify that the product is RMA shipping)

even if MSI does not have a company in your country
    Msi has a office in my country but they don't cover Warranty for purchase out side country for residents. in brazil. The only exception for international purchase is if i was foreign staying in Brazil and the product was bougth less than 90 days from the problem. so is not my case
    but only to be 100% sure that is a problem with the card i will try to find someone else system, where i can test my card on it

another strange thing is that when i play game like gta4 and bad company 2 for 1 or 2 hours i don't see any artifact or driver problem, o BSOD or freeze.
    NOTE: In a forums in my country someone sad he was getting the driver stopped working because he was using 2 monitors dual view and the problem go away when he take off the second monitor using only on.
    i will try that just in case . but even was the solution for my problem the card is not good since the vga was made for this purpose too
    thank alot
    i will thy some helo in guru3d , i was unable to register in there forum because they had a problem with the registration form
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12