Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: unlimited invites to BCG!

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    Well i edited my post above, but yeah very serious, I am only a member of my tracker, so have never cross seeded in my life, so educate me, why do it? (i get the ratio on both trackers at once, but you still have to share your BW on both, so it still doesnt really make sense to me tbh).
    Last edited by stoi; 26.07.10 at 02:22.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Well i edited my post above, but yeah very serious, I am only a member of my tracker, so have never cross seeded in my life, so educate me, why do it? (i get the ratio on both trackers at once, but you still have to share your BW on both, so it still dösnt really make sense to me tbh).
    now i could ask again ... you know, the serious thing. you've never been on any other tracker?
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    I tried the rabbit for 2 weeks, and revolt (which isnt really a tracker tbh) but i deleted my account on the rabbit, and just let my account on revolt die after a week.

Other than that, only other trackers i have used are donkax years ago, and bytemonsoon for 1 upload, then i made my own, so didnt need anywhere else. (well i have used public trackers on the odd occasion TPB/Supernova/mininova)

In all honesty i am shit scared of global ratio, i have 20meg down but only 756k up, If i joined anywhere, i wouldnt go anywhere near older torrents, and i hate hit and running, and I would not cheat either. so yeah, thats why our SP system came about, I was sick of no one touching older torrents, and not very popular stuff dieing over night, and shit loads having loads of hit and runs.
    Last edited by stoi; 26.07.10 at 02:30.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    I tried the rabbit for 2 weeks
    damn, the only site i was keen on and never got in

anyway to the cross seeding thing. it's quite easy. let's say i have a new account somewhere or a bad ratio. in both cases i need a buffer so i grab a scene release from somewhere else and seed that on the site with the new account or the bad ratio account. i could also seed on several sites at once because it's not so likely that i'll upload to all 3 sites at the same time. and even if that'd be the case it depends on how much bandwidth i have. dedicated server users don't care anyway.
    or as a third possibility i just wanna do something good for a tracker that i like although i got the stuff from somewhere else. you might not believe it but although i do cheat i also help some trackers out from time to time that way. cheating is more for fun and not because my ratio sucks
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    Ok, but you have completed it, you are a seeder on all the trackers you are cross seeding it on, you are not a partial seeder on any of the sites.

You can download from somewhere else (anywhere, i dont give a crap) and "help" seed it on BCG, that is not against the rules.

Downloading 300meg of a 7 gig XBOX 360 game that is scene and multi rared, stopping the downloading, and just uploading for days/weeks/months, just to "buffer" your ratio, is against the rules.
    Last edited by stoi; 26.07.10 at 02:48.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Ok, but you have completed it, you are a seeder on all the trackers you are cross seeding it on, you are not a partial seeder on any of the sites.
    not always. some torrents have extra stuff i don't want/need like samples, cover pics etc.
    You can download from somewhere else (anywhere, i dont give a crap) and "help" seed it on BCG, that is not against the rules.
    see above

Downloading 300meg of a 7 gig XBOX 360 game that is scene and multi rared, stopping the downloading, and just uploading for days/weeks/months, just to "buffer" your ratio, is against the rules.
    why?
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    lol i have explained why previously.

We have SP, its really really hard to convey it in only a few words though, but here goes.

You download a 4 gig game, you are a seed, there are 18 seeders and 0 leechers, it will take you 40 hours to get SP (from when SP starts) so you have to seed it for 40 hours, and then, we give you the 4 gig on that torrent and on your global upload/ratio.

Now lets say a leecher jumps on, so its 18 seeders to 1 leecher.

You will stop getting SP, because there is someone to upload to (if there was 20 seeders, you would still get SP as there are enough seeders there to upload and you may get bullied out, and we have to make the cut off line somewhere, and 20 seeders seemed like a good number) anyway, you upload 2 gig in lets say 5 hours, and that leecher completes it fully, we now have 19 seeders and 0 leechers, but as you uploaded 2 gig, the cost of SP has gone down to 20, so 20 hours of seeding, from 40.

Now another leecher jumps on, so its 19 seeders to 1 leecher, that leecher only downloaded 300meg and stops downloading, you cant upload to him, as he is not downloading, and the system cant give you SP as it is under the 20:1 threshold (its 19:1) so if you do not want a hit and run (remember if you get SP to cost we give you the difference so it evens out to a 1-1 ratio just for trying), then you are in limbo with that torrent, as long as that partial seeder is on that torrent, you will never ever be able to upload, and you will never ever get SP to cost.
    Last edited by stoi; 26.07.10 at 03:04.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    i get it, it just dösn't solve the issü. maybe slight modifications to the system could solve it. like time spent on the torrent counts in general or something. or as soon as you stop downloading it counts so part. seeding wouldn't be a problem anymore
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    its there to discourage members limiting their BW, another scenario.

2 seeders, both have say 60 hours of seeding to get SP, so 60 points. a leecher jumps on, both are limiting their upload to 1KBs, its a 6 gig torrent (100meg is 1 point) it will take that leecher days if not weeks to download it. and the seeders cant get SP, so they have to seed for weeks.

If they unlimit their upload, and each seeds at 80KBs say (i cant be arsed to work out the proper maths) both will upload 3 gig, SP-Cost will come down to 30 from 60, so 30 hours of seeding, its only taking them say 8 hours to each upload 3 gig, the leecher is really happy, ok it wasnt blazingly fast, but it was not really slow either, but the seeders gave as much as they could, he becomes a seed, he has to now seed for 60 hours (he grabbed it, so why cant someone else). so now the seeders only need to seed for 30 hours, instead of weeks at 1KBs.

Once members get to 1-1 either with uploading, or with SP, they can come off the torrent (actually they can do it at 0.8 if they want, and its not a hit and run), so the seeders are happy because after 30 hours they can come off it if they so wish, and the leecher is happy as it "only" took 8 hours.
    Last edited by stoi; 26.07.10 at 03:19.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    sure, it's not easy. time alone is not enough, not doubt. the actual file ratio has to count somehow to prevent that speed capping.
    i think it has to be a mixture of what's there already and something new to remove existing limits without creating new downsides.

i don't think the current system is bad per se, just could be improved.
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    but improved why? to allow partial seeding, why would we want to.

I really really cant see your argument, we are a games tracker, we dont have samples or cover pics in the torrent, most we have is an sfv/nfo and it goes that fast and they are so small, whats the harm in downloading them.

If you complete the download, we give you the upload, even if you do not upload a single byte, only download what you want, that is another problem with partial seeding, members are downloading shit they dont want, just for some stupid numbers on a tracker.

We dont have promotions to higher classes, we do not have any invite forums, we do not promote donors to VIP and let them get away with hit and running all over the place, you cant get banned for a low "actual ratio", you can for low global but for christs sake, just seed the things and we give you the ratio, it really cant be any easier than that.

there is just no reason whatsoever to partial seed on BCG, like i said, i can understand it on places like TL, that just have a global ratio system, but on BCG you dont need to.
    Last edited by stoi; 26.07.10 at 03:27.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (26.07.10)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    but improved why? to allow partial seeding, why would we want to.
    for not forcing members to download what they don't want?
    not to mention packs. unless it's allowed there.

with partial seeding, members are downloading shit they dont want, just for some stupid numbers on a tracker.
    exactly, see above ^^

We dont have promotions to higher classes, we do not have any invite forums, we do not promote donors to VIP and let them get away with hit and running all over the place, you cant get banned for a low "actual ratio", you can for low global but for christs sake, just seed the things and we give you the ratio, it really cant be any easier than that.
    sounds good
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    Selective reading again lol (sorry we get it all the time on BCG, and just thought it was funny).

2nd line from my 1st post

and btw its only on multi rared 1 game torrents, not packs.
    and why even start it if you dont want it?
    Last edited by stoi; 26.07.10 at 03:35.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    stoi welcome mate to sb-i ur so cool guy in BCG the only person i like in the staff of various trackers.

thats what i say there is no need to cheat on bcg.
    Last edited by jacksbi; 26.07.10 at 03:42.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    and why even start it if you dont want it?
    how did you call it? 'selective reading'?
    the point is i don't want all of it.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast