Poll: Do you have a facebook account

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a facebook account ?

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    phones quickly cost a lot of money
    many countries have flat rate offers for landlines

It's like talking to your friend on the bus. People are bound to hear what you are talking about, it's really not that different from the internet
    except that it's unlikely that the talk from the bus can be seen or heard around the world. not to mention the fact that it's logged and people can save it.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

People still get landlines ? The only reason they offer flat rates is because landlines are imho highly inferiour and you'd double your monthly cost from having both cellphone and landline subscriptions.

Okay so audiences were smaller in the old days than today. That's only natural when you go to a worldeconomy rather than a small one that exists just in your town. That just reflects into other things like for instance facebook talks. Distances just don't exist anymore. It is a good argument, Instab, but I'm afraid we've just evolved past that. (even though facebook isn't worldwide unles you'd put your profile one free for all)

As for the logging, everyone has a cellphone now-a-days. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that's a fact. Even the crappier 10 year old ones have voice recording possibilities. A talk on the bus can just as easily be saved and spread around as something on facebook if you really wanted to.

I find it funny, I never really gave it much thought but after this thread, it's almost like people are super paranoid about facebook but not about real life (while plenty, or dare I say, even more can go wrong there too)
    Last edited by Sazzy; 17.08.10 at 23:49.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    People still get landlines ? The only reason they offer flat rates is because landlines are imho highly inferiour and you'd double your monthly cost from having both cellphone and landline subscriptions.
    well, landlines are much more reliable (also depending on your location) and if you own a house you might need all kinds of stuff like a telephone system, multiple numbers, some extra features for a home office and whatever. not to mention the needs of companies.
    phone stuff aside you definitely need 'real' cables for internet. mobile inet just sucks

It is a good argument, Instab, but I'm afraid we've just evolved past that.
    not all of us. actually a not too small part of my work is security related and i can assure you that not all private persons as well as companies are so happy about the possibilities the internet offers.

(even though facebook isn't worldwide unles you'd put your profile one free for all)
    not what i meant. anyhow it can't be compared to the talk in the bus in any way

As for the logging, everyone has a cellphone now-a-days. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that's a fact. Even the crappier 10 year old ones have voice recording possibilities. A talk on the bus can just as easily be saved and spread around as something on facebook if you really wanted to.
    sure but who dös that?
    the point is that whatever i post in social networks is logged there and can be read anytime and anywhere. my possibly recorded talk in the bus would have been written down and posted somewhere first. then the post location would have to have the same visitor count as facebook or something. highly unlikely.

I find it funny, I never really gave it much thought but after this thread, it's almost like people are super paranoid about facebook but not about real life (while plenty, or dare I say, even more can go wrong there too)
    of course they are and for good reason. as mentioned above posted stuff is available world wide in an instant. but the rant about my neighbour in the cafe will most likely never be spread wider then a few miles.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss39
    Yep i have facebook of course
    Last edited by biren; 22.08.10 at 12:10.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Userenity + Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss158

yes

I heve one ! facebook today is necessary like Email
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Hell no! Don't like that sort of things.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    well, landlines are much more reliable (also depending on your location) and if you own a house you might need all kinds of stuff like a telephone system, multiple numbers, some extra features for a home office and whatever. not to mention the needs of companies.
    phone stuff aside you definitely need 'real' cables for internet. mobile inet just sucks
    Somehow my landline sucked so I cancelled it. Half of the time the phone didn't even ring. I'll stick with my reliable cellphone. The only place in this country people don't have 4 out of 5 bars is some borderline city with 20 ppl living there or something.

Our internet is also via cable, which I much prefer over telephone lines. (At least in this country)

not all of us. actually a not too small part of my work is security related and i can assure you that not all private persons as well as companies are so happy about the possibilities the internet offers.
    Evolution has something to do with happiness?
    <sarcasm> Oh no! Stuff has gotten far too easy. This internet has far too many possibilities making my life so easy!</sarcasm>

not what i meant. anyhow it can't be compared to the talk in the bus in any way
    It can, you just don't want to see it. It's just on a bigger scale.

sure but who does that?
    the point is that whatever i post in social networks is logged there and can be read anytime and anywhere. my possibly recorded talk in the bus would have been written down and posted somewhere first. then the post location would have to have the same visitor count as facebook or something. highly unlikely.
    IIRC, some minister lost his job a while back because he was carrying "secret" documents around and rather than keep the printed side against his side, he kept the white side of the paper against his body. No one could obviously read the papers since he was just walking by. However, some paparazzi took a random picture of the minister and, cameras now-a-days being pretty awesome, you could clearly read everything on the document. This was put into the newspaper and the next day this minister had to go job hunting. Yay. You could say that in a way, he posted the document on facebook as the entire country knew about it the evening of that same day.

Anyway, what makes you think that in case your bus talk is interesting enough, people wouldn't write it down and post it somewhere that a lot of ppl read or see (newspaper, news, ...) ? Even these "local" media tend to spread to other countries if the news is big enough. A few years back, I noticed Brittain news talking about "The Belgian Joker", which surprised me as it was something local and not exactly "world news". Saying unimportant stuff like "my neighbour sucks" on the bus or on facebook is hardly a matter anyone cares about. So even if it's logged on facebook, nobody gives a sh*t that it is, in fair honesty. Long story short, if your offline life isn't interesting enough to follow around, your online life probably isn't either.

You're also forgetting that the facebook visitor count is not an accurate number for your page visitor count. I have never, and I really mean never, gone to some facebook page of someone I don't know and started reading through their messages. What kind of weirdo would do this in the first place?

And no. It CAN'T be read anytime or anywhere. That's what privacy settings are for. If you don't want your neighbour to know you hate him

• Don't add him to your facebook
    • If you can't follow rules and you have added him, block him from seeing this post of you hating him
    • Block "friends" that would tell the neighbour too
    • Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut and not gossip about your neighbour. That way he won't find out you don't like him, either

I really don't understand why you're going through such great lengths to prove that facebook and generally the internet is the devil. It's not, just use it correctly. If you do, privacy on facebook and reality become quite a bit closer.

of course they are and for good reason. as mentioned above posted stuff is available world wide in an instant. but the rant about my neighbour in the cafe will most likely never be spread wider then a few miles.
    No offence, but if you post this rant on facebook, I doubt your visitor-base will be worldwide either. Unless you're so f*cking awesome that the entire world wants to be your friend and stalks you on facebook

As a side note, it doesn't matter that this happens in an instant. If I want the world to know something big, I'd get it out there. If that would take me 1 second or 3 days is completely irrelevant.

While this rant on facebook may make ppl read it and you'd spread it more than a few miles, you know that you are going to and in this case, nobody will care and you will have successfully wasted 5 minutes of their lives. Your rant about your neighbour might just spread more than a few miles if it was actually interesting, for instance if you say that you are going to kill him rather than just hate him and the next day you do or whatever, something like that.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 27.08.10 at 05:58.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    on a wider perspective i recommend the film "Shadow Government". for reasons i can't disclose i can assure you that all what is said in that movie and all what i said can be done and is done day for day.

i never said the internet is evil. on the contrary i love it but people tend to act careless with personal data and the possiblities because of the internet are just on a whole other level than 20 years ago
    Thanks

i never said the internet is evil. on the contrary i love it but people tend to act careless with personal data and the possiblities because of the internet are just on a whole other level than 20 years ago
    Oh, I thought you were being complete anti-facebook/internet there for a while, while in reality you were just pointing out to be careful which in the end is something ppl should do in real life too. Well nevermind me then :3
    Last edited by Sazzy; 27.08.10 at 20:33.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (28.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Oh, I thought you were being complete anti-facebook/internet there for a while, while in reality you were just pointing out to be careful which in the end is something ppl should do in real life too. Well nevermind me then :3
    no problem at all. it's always good to have multiple perspectives
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    No, I have not an account, I have not time :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss120
    I haven't got any accounts in any social networks.... I despise such things.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    I don't have one.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    I have an account on FB but I never use it, and soon would be deleting it just because its not safe there. I think Tagged is better
    Thanks

I have 3 account's ...1.it's full,2.to accept more people.3.only for true friends!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast