+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reviews of paid VPN services [English]

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by tanzi View Post
    You say that anonine share data. If they do not keep any logs, then how can they share ip address.
    Who said anonine shares IPs? I only see payment data mentioned.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    @ tokiodrift1: The infomation you focus on are interesting (logging or not, payments, destination of company). Many site reviewing VPN provider are only speaking about speed, wich in my opinion is not the main pupose of a vpn when I have to chose one.

It would be interesting too, to precise what king of IP they provide: dedicated/shared, static/dynamic... For MU or RS user, a dedicated IP is far better. For P2P, a shared very crowded IP is better for anonymity purpose. For connection to your paypal account (if you trust your vpn provider a lot), a static IP is necessary, etc.

Concerning JAP, the basic version is free, but you can access only to few mixes, mainly in Germany.

Here are their price for their premium services.

Concerning Ivacy, this vpn provider seems to be down at this time, after its ISP disconnect it few weeks ago.
    I had tested it before, and there was two other features I found very cool:
    1) their "ivacy monitor", allowing to choose which apps connects through vpn
    2) their "no reverse dns" feature.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus™
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss847
    Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    @ tokiodrift1: The infomation you focus on are interesting (logging or not, payments, destination of company). Many site reviewing VPN provider are only speaking about speed, wich in my opinion is not the main pupose of a vpn when I have to chose one.

It would be interesting too, to precise what king of IP they provide: dedicated/shared, static/dynamic... For MU or RS user, a dedicated IP is far better. For P2P, a shared very crowded IP is better for anonymity purpose. For connection to your paypal account (if you trust your vpn provider a lot), a static IP is necessary, etc.

Sure, its always nice to have more information.
    However, providing the information is not always as easy as it may sound at the first sight.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565
    It is not "Reviews of paid VPN services" if there are Hotspot Shield, ,TOR, JAP - topic name is misleading.

There are many services so alphabetical order should be used, you also colud split FREE and PAID services.

Like for me these are not reviews it is rather closer to highlights.

Hotspot Shield is not HotSpotShield.

Even if Hotspot Shield cost is watching advertisments.

There is literally nothing about traffic/speed issues/latencies which are very important factors - the quality.

Hotpot Shield has slowdown moments and high - around 300 ping values.
    TOR is often slow.

At this moment topic is misleading and not useful but you can change that!

Do do some desk research:
    vpn - Lifehacker
    proxy - Lifehacker
    Raymond.CC Blog - Daily updated news of useful advanced computer tips and tricks
    Hotspot Shield Alternatives (VPN Software) | Patrick Soon
    Top 10 Free VPN Services - AlwaysVPN, Best Free VPN, Free OpenVPN Server, Free SSL Supported VPN, Free Ssl VPN Server, free virtual private network, Free VPN Proxy, Free VPN Server, Free VPN Server Software, Free VPN Server Windows, Free VPN Service,
    Hotspot Shield alternatives and similar software - AlternativeTo.net
    and google for more.
    Last edited by Vation; 02.10.10 at 12:39. Reason: few more thoughts
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    I'm very happy with Perfect Privacy.
    The speed is very good. Maxing my line is no problem.
    You get 5 ports for RPF. Both IPs and ports change after each new connection.

Do note that they have one Fair Use text that is public and one that only customers can see.
    They are very different. The public one urges you to not go over 100 GB a month. The private one almost says "use a much as you like".
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Vation (02.10.10)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    I used HotSpotShield for a little while (for hulu.com) and is pure awesome. No buffering, no interruptions.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    I tried torrentfreedom/cryptocloud before in past and wasn't satisfied with them at all. It was definitely very slow for me at the time so I quickly left, not sure about now.

Also tried AceVPN before they introduced their Ultimate Vpn package, its speed is ok. But their cheaper package is limited to just 50gb.

At moment I am using Witopia, speed-wise its good at some servers while others so-so. They don't moan/whine about usage. Cons is its not p2p suitable since they do seem to be blocking it. Their service is very stable compare to others & I will stick with them since my ISP is truly a big brother.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12