+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to copy forum in my PC

How to copy forum in my PC

hey guys,
    Can you help me?
    Is it impossible to copy tracker forum( Like THEvault.bz) with all information and save it into my PC?
    Which programs I must to use?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I love BitTorrent too, but this is otherwise unrelated, and thus has been moved.

You can't copy the entire forum unless you have a copy of database, which the TheVault's staff won't give you for obvious reasons. There are many Web crawler/offline browsing programs that will navigate through the links on a site and download them as HTML documents, which you can then read without even having Internet connectivity. (These were useful in the 56K days, where the phone company would charge you by the minute regardless of whether you were using the line)

Ask the tracker/forum's staff whether it's OK for you to use them and keep a backup of the forums, though. Depending on the settings and how much content you want to cache, offline browsers can use alarming amounts of bandwidth, which may be seen as DoSing the tracker, and may end up with your account being disabled.

Of course, if all you want to keep is one or a few pages of specific threads, you can use your browser's File -> Save As function.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    in Firefox right click on desktop(i mean on web page),save page as... if this is what you want
    Last edited by kazuya; 06.04.10 at 20:04.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    shitorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss220
    you can use scrapbook extension and you can store the pages in which depth you want.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss135
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I love BitTorrent too, but this is otherwise unrelated, and thus has been moved.

You can't copy the entire forum unless you have a copy of database, which the TheVault's staff won't give you for obvious reasons. There are many Web crawler/offline browsing programs that will navigate through the links on a site and download them as HTML documents, which you can then read without even having Internet connectivity. (These were useful in the 56K days, where the phone company would charge you by the minute regardless of whether you were using the line)

Ask the tracker/forum's staff whether it's OK for you to use them and keep a backup of the forums, though. Depending on the settings and how much content you want to cache, offline browsers can use alarming amounts of bandwidth, which may be seen as DoSing the tracker, and may end up with your account being disabled.

Of course, if all you want to keep is one or a few pages of specific threads, you can use your browser's File -> Save As function.
    If you want to use a good web crawler try HTTrack: HTTrack Website Copier - Offline Browser

It found keys to some test answers on my school's bio test, pretty neat program.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss205
    Other solutions have been offered, but I typically use Offline Explorer for this sort of thing. Seems to suit my needs.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread