Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transmission mod 1.91 debian/ubuntu - In the works ???

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    If you wish to release it, create a thread in the "Other Clients" subforum, follow the layout of other release posts, attach the mod, and post it. You'll have to wait until a Moderator approves the thread before it is visible.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss34
    Quote Originally Posted by tworkemon View Post
    This version will be for Linux and maybe even binaries for several different platforms. Haven't decided yet. The mod will NOT be included in the web client portion. I do not use it so I have no interest in moding it. So basically if you have one for windows go for it. Also if you can do not use straight 2x,4x etc try to use some random factor like 1.9-2.1 or 1.8-2.2 when you do it so it does not look suspicious. Straight 2x is fine imo just for a quick test or two but not for a prod ready mod. Just my 2 cents in the matter.
    That's terrific tworkemon! It's not gonna be straight 2x ofcourse, definitely random. Let me know how your mod goes. I had problems with Transmission getting compiled for windows since they don't provide newer patches for 1.91, but I've done a bit of hacking and it now works. So, right now it's unmodded, I tryed attaching it, but there's 5mg limit on uploads! Where should I upload it to? I'd like people to test it unmodded first to see if everything works ok!
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (05.03.10)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by moreratio View Post
    That's terrific tworkemon! It's not gonna be straight 2x ofcourse, definitely random. Let me know how your mod gös. I had problems with Transmission getting compiled for windows since they don't provide newer patches for 1.91, but I've done a bit of hacking and it now works. So, right now it's unmodded, I tryed attaching it, but there's 5mg limit on uploads! Where should I upload it to? I'd like people to test it unmodded first to see if everything works ok!
    great
    just make a rar and the limit should be enough.

much thanks for providing this!
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss34
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    great
    just make a rar and the limit should be enough.

much thanks for providing this!
    ahead of you, I made a zip:
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...796#post172076

I'll work on the mod this weekend when I have some time and then post it. The unmodded windows client has to be stable though, so testers are needed!

What I'm thinking is that a client spoof of utorrent should be eventually done. I image they'll start banning these our modded clients as they are released, so a spoof should break their hearts. get them more paranoid
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    What I'm thinking is that a client spoof of utorrent should be eventually done. I image they'll start banning these our modded clients as they are released, so a spoof should break their hearts. :tongü: get them more paranoid
    don't think that'd be necessary. they'd have to block transmission completely then
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Please make version for osx. I would be very very greatfull or if you have xcodeproject i will compile myself.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    Deluge,Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss71
    Quote Originally Posted by woytas View Post
    Please make version for osx. I would be very very greatfull or if you have xcodeproject i will compile myself.
    There is an osx version already in the members section.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

That's terrific tworkemon! It's not gonna be straight 2x ofcourse, definitely random. Let me know how your mod goes.
    The Ubuntu/Debian mod is up. This is my beta version. I have already made tweaks and edits to it. Wanted to put something up so people can start hammering at it and give me some feedback.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=19163
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    What I'm thinking is that a client spoof of utorrent should be eventually done. I image they'll start banning these our modded clients as they are released, so a spoof should break their hearts. get them more paranoid
    Be aware that correctly spoofing uTorrent to the tracker and peers is easier said than done.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    if you have xcodeproject i will compile myself.
    the osx version dös not come with source code

There is an osx version already in the members section.
    yes
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    There is an osx version already in the members section]
    I know but unfortunately I don't have member title, maybe because of number of my posts.
    I wrote request to add me to membership but sadly no one anserw me
    Last edited by woytas; 05.03.10 at 20:10.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I know but unfortunately I don't have member title, maybe because of my posts.
    Just a suggestion: if you want the title, you could be more active...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss34
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Be aware that correctly spoofing uTorrent to the tracker and peers is easier said than done.
    Yea, I know, utorrent has some special way of sending it's peer id, and detecting it as utorrent 1.blah (fake).. have to do some research on that..

woytas: I don't know if it'll compile for osx, it took a bit of patching to get it to work for windows, plus I don't have the darwin sdk stuff needed... I'll look into it later but I'd rather focus on my target platform win32 for now, I don't use mac so maybe someone else can help out.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Yea, I know, utorrent has some special way of sending it's peer id, and detecting it as utorrent 1.blah (fake).. have to do some research on that..

woytas: I don't know if it'll compile for osx, it took a bit of patching to get it to work for windows, plus I don't have the darwin sdk stuff needed... I'll look into it later but I'd rather focus on my target platform win32 for now, I don't use mac so maybe someone else can help out.
    you'd have to re-do all gui stuff since the windows port is based on qt
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    uTorrent has its own, private algorithm for peer_id generation. Unless you have advanced cracking/reversing skills, your mod will have to require a custom ID entered by the user.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss34
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    uTorrent has its own, private algorithm for peer_id generation. Unless you have advanced cracking/reversing skills, your mod will have to require a custom ID entered by the user.
    Oh really? so it would look like utorrent [fake] huh? I'll have to look around to see if anyone cracked it..

BTW, I'm was working on my mod and it came to a stop when I realized - which is better global torrent cheating, as in going to menu edit->preferences-> cheat
    or per torrent basis, as in load torrent then right click properties->options/cheat .... any opinions ?? global vs per torrent basis ? I imagine enabling cheat on per torrent basis would be tedious, but effective when you don't want to cheat on other loaded torrents... dunno, but you could always run another non-cheating client for your non-cheating torrents
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast