+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: How to reregister on trackers/hold multiple accounts

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    UAControl is also good. It won't change the values available through the navigator JavaScript object, however. You have Firegloves for that... but it's very unlikely that a tracker would use JS to check this, and even then, there's nothing wrong with changing your user agent string per se.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

THC (07.06.14) , Master Razor (05.06.14)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss36
    Not sure where this is supposed so might as well ask here. Need to create a new gmail account and all the free sms services I've tried so far haven't worked. Does anyone know of any that works for gmail?

Also, are there any viable alternatives to gmail that private trackers would not frown upon like they do with yahoo/hotmail.

Thanks.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damnsel View Post
    Not sure where this is supposed so might as well ask here. Need to create a new gmail account and all the free sms services I've tried so far haven't worked. Does anyone know of any that works for gmail?

Also, are there any viable alternatives to gmail that private trackers would not frown upon like they do with yahoo/hotmail.

Thanks.
    I followed this guide last time (about 3 months ago)
    The video is ****ing annoying to watch, but it does work:

g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Damnsel (19.08.14)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss36
    Thanks Sazzy. I found a temp phone service that seems to be still working, k7.net

Selected code by voicemail, used a throwaway number from there and made the account

I tried entering the code incorrectly but was being directed to the phone page nonetheless, maybe was doing something wrong :S
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (05.07.15) , Sazzy (19.08.14)

Quote Originally Posted by Damnsel View Post
    Thanks Sazzy. I found a temp phone service that seems to be still working, k7.net

Selected code by voicemail, used a throwaway number from there and made the account

I tried entering the code incorrectly but was being directed to the phone page nonetheless, maybe was doing something wrong :S
    I had to try a few times, if i remember correctly, before i got it to work without a phone. It doesn't seem to be 100% foolproof.
    Good you resolved the issue though with an even easier method. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I watched that video with no audio and my brain turned off, so I'll ask: is the secret deliberately failing the captcha, then getting it right in the second attempt?

Last time I checked, there were some major things that influenced the necessity of SMS confirmation:
    • how many Google accounts have been used from your IP recently (less than one is best)
    • presence of Google cookies (no previous cookies seems to work on your favor)
    • apparent authenticity of the required personal information (giving your name and birthday as "jsafjdf flfqowi" and 1/1/1900 made it really likely that you'd get the prompt)
    • if you botched a registration attempt with a particular username, it would be "flagged" for a while and you'd be asked for your phone number even if all other conditions were fine.

That was four years ago, though, which is like two decades in Internet time.
    Thanks

I'd say it's still somewhat the same. Probably why Damnsel was still having issues with it.

I think he's just really bad entering captcha's... I should have probably posted another one that doesn't suck so badly. Reading his horrible notepad typing in the beginning is sufficient
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Plus Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss109
    I followed this excellent guide and tried to re-register a tracker and tried to be careful. I'm on a dynamic ip and changed my ip adress (within the same range though), cleared cache/cookies/history, but used the same browser as before. Used different username/pass/e-mail. Could sign up, strolled around, didn't download anything and acc was disabled after 2h.
    Read something that you shouldn't use the same e-mail you've used on a different tracker where you've been banned in the past, because they share those things. I wonder really if it was that, or something else like the importance of changing the user agent?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    It could be both (some browsers add tokens to the User-Agent string that inform of certain installed programs, and that could make you unique enough to be identified again).

Also, you lose nothing going to IRC to ask about your account. Don't play dumb if they outright tell you you're a cheater and/or dupe account, you won't change their mind.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    If you could mention which tracker is this, that would help us giving you some hints for the next time you try to register.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Plus Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss109
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    It could be both (some browsers add tokens to the User-Agent string that inform of certain installed programs, and that could make you unique enough to be identified again).

Also, you lose nothing going to IRC to ask about your account. Don't play dumb if they outright tell you you're a cheater and/or dupe account, you won't change their mind.
    Yeah, thanks as always anon. I'll make sure to try everything next time.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    If you could mention which tracker is this, that would help us giving you some hints for the next time you try to register.
    Sure. It was Theplace.bz, so .bz network. Any particular tips?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss376

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    IRC to ask about your account. Don't play dumb if they outright tell you you're a cheater and/or dupe account, you won't change their mind.
    I always play dumb, they tell me I cheated -I play dumb, they tell me how I cheated (and they're on the money)-I play dumb, they call me names - I play dumb, then they have to ban me cause I have autorejoin and if I get a kick and get
    back in....mmmmmmmmmm... guess what? Nah , not what you thought . As a matter o fact I play dumb. :)
    Never works.
    After a min or two I scratch my head and blame anon.
    Last edited by koel; 13.03.15 at 21:40.
    Thanks

After a min or two I scratch my head and blame anon.
    You know.. You two should be in the same room. I am curious of the outcome.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    You know.. You two should be in the same room. I am curious of the outcome.
    I imagine anon being all derpy, and koel being quiet and backing off.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Oh, I am quite a show when all conditions are fine.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast