+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: How to reregister on trackers/hold multiple accounts

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Well, you may wish to switch clients if the provider allows it, but if it's a shared box, you'll probably be fine.

Why were you banned anyway?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    I had a question- is the IP address of the account tied to WHERE it was created? For example, if I have an account that I created at home but am using it in college and then create another account in college, will both accounts get banned (even though they were created on two different IPs but being used on the same)?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by okoho View Post
    if I have an account that I created at home but am using it in college and then create another account in college, will both accounts get banned (even though they were created on two different IPs but being used on the same)?
    Possibly. But some staff are aware that an IP address != a person. It's nice to leave a note in your profile saying you might be sharing an IP with others due to this.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

okoho (13.11.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    I have dynamic IP . It means that If I reinstall my computer and change a IP . Then join what.cd again. They will never catch me , Are you sure?

---------- Post Merged at 14:49 ---------- Previous Post was at 14:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Possibly. But some staff are aware that an IP address != a person. It's nice to leave a note in your profile saying you might be sharing an IP with others due to this.
    I have dynamic IP . It means that If I reinstall my computer and change a IP . Then join what.cd again. They will never catch me , Are you sure?
    Last edited by 007seven; 28.12.12 at 14:48.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Please read the thread before asking questions.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    W.cd staff is really the best at catching dupers. So you'd better be extra careful before getting back in. Read the goddamn thread and good luck!
    Thanks

Could someone look over my way of reregistering and tell me if you think it will work?

1. I use my father's laptop instead of my personal laptop. I've never used his laptop before.
    2. I take the approval interview connected to my university's wireless network instead of my home network which was the only network I ever seeded or download their torrents on.
    3. After I pass the interview, I go home and set up a brand new VPN through OpenVPN via a seedbox provider. I never connect using my direct internet connection that I used on my old account ever again.
    4. I never visit What.CD again on my old laptop that I used to use. Instead, I use my brand new desktop that's never been on the site or stored any torrents.

I know What is very good at catching dupes, but I think it'd be really tough for them to catch me. In addition to all this, I'd do the other stuff the OP recommend like using different account details, not downloading a bunch of stuff right away, etc.

Do you think this would work?
    Last edited by motionsuggests; 27.02.14 at 18:10.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    Quote Originally Posted by motionsuggests View Post
    Could someone look over my way of reregistering and tell me if you think it will work?

1. I use my father's laptop instead of my personal laptop. I've never used his laptop before.
    2. I take the approval interview connected to my university's wireless network instead of my home network which was the only network I ever seeded or download their torrents on.
    3. After I pass the interview, I go home and set up a brand new VPN through OpenVPN via a seedbox provider. I never connect using my direct internet connection that I used on my old account ever again.
    4. I never visit What.CD again on my old laptop that I used to use. Instead, I use my brand new desktop that's never been on the site or stored any torrents.

I know What is very good at catching dupes, but I think it'd be really tough for them to catch me. In addition to all this, I'd do the other stuff the OP recommend like using different account details, not downloading a bunch of stuff right away, etc.

Do you think this would work?
    I think you are fine and good to go. On point 1, make sure you don't use same browser as your personal laptop. Since you are talking about what.cd, take it easy on the cheating at the beginning, if possible don't cheat at all, as you start your fresh account with some Gb buffer (if I'm not wrong), and music albums are somewhat small in size. Later on, some months later you could also go back to your old personal laptop and drop these vpn stuff and go back to your normal connection (if your home ip is not static).
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

tr-cht-fx-242p (23.05.14)

I have another question about this. After I followed the steps in anon's tutorial, what is a better way to get back into the tracker? Should I sneak back in through an Invite, or take the Interview on their official IRC channel?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    I prefer through invite, and remember that some countries are banned from interview sessions.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Say I create multiple accounts, is having the same browser (version) a problem?

I'll be using a blank firefox profile with a different IP on every account.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    I don't see any problem, specially because of the blank profile for every account as extra protection.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    By creating and editing general.useragent.override you can make the profiles' User-Agent string differ from each other... and I recommend you do.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (02.06.14) , THC (02.06.14)

editing general.useragent.override
    That's tedious to edit every time you register a tracker. Is secret agent a good addon for this?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    That's tedious to edit every time you register a tracker. Is secret agent a good addon for this?
    How to Change Your Browser’s User Agent Without Installing Any Extensions

For Firefox there's an extension called User Agent Switcher.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast