+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: How to reregister on trackers/hold multiple accounts

Activity Longevity
    0/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Oops, almost missed this. Unfortunately (and as I said on post #471), a lot of advice from privacy guides does not apply in this context, due to the intricacies of the torrent world. You'll have to either compromise or not use private trackers. Also, here's another link for you to read.

https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=338839

The only places whose logging policy aimed to protect staff and users were UK-T, TS and OT. The first took it to its logical extreme and self-destructed as soon as trouble became imminent; the others closed for unrelated reasons.
    I am aware of some of the limitation, I feel like I wrote that as a memorandum for myself and it kinda fit in the conversation, but not as a guide as it does not really pertain trackers per se, and I was a bit sad not using it for anything. But thanks for your pointers, they are always welcome as I m still learning a lot.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    And there is indeed a lot to be learned, nya.

Code:
    http://thgtoallkcxrdv37u6knsc3pumk6cq6lqmcqlw3j5vkmyahkxive4jyd.onion/
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Rtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    Hey mate, Recently my Torrentleech account got disabled. does Torrentleech log my SeedBox IP address?

Should i change Seedbox IP or just changing Home IP Address is enough?

Ban Reason: Trading or selling (but i didn't sell or trade the invite)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by kebegim View Post
    does Torrentleech log my SeedBox IP address?
    Act as if the answer was yes, and you won't have to worry about this
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

kebegim (08.11.22) , hazz030 (07.11.22)

Interesting topic. I don't and never have cheated my ratio unless using a seedbox is considered cheating. Long story short; years ago I got my password manager leaked leading to a ban on an elite private tracker (the asshole tried connecting from another country). This engendered a ban on a few sister trackers. Couldn't get most of these accounts reactivated on their IRC, they said it was my fault and that I should have taken more precautions.

Few months ago I've got back into torrent and started in easy access trackers like Blu, IPT, etc. I made some friends and made my way through better trackers which I've contributed to giving me access to inviting forums. From my experience on elite trackers there's not much room for error and no one knows what could happen. I'm afraid of wasting all my efforts a second time so Id like to future proof my accounts so they'll never be linked. @anon wrote in this post that he would containerize the most important trackers but haven't shared exactly how to.

Since it's prohibited to use Tor browser on many elite trackers or that it could later be the case, how could I afford one residential static IP for each tracker when the cheapest I found is roughly $100/year. If I have PTP, BTN, RED and GGN, that would be $400 per year for these 4 only.

For the torrent client it would be easy to setup different bittorrent clients combined with different IPs from a VPN provider. It's not a problem to use different IP addresses since they're shared but to my knowledge it's not possible to port forward on shared IP addresses, at least for the VPN provider I use. I understand that the people on this forum may not care about being connectable but since I don't cheat it's an issue for me. Again to overcome this I would need 4 VPN residential static IP addresses.

For the trackers that let you use a VPN for browsing, I could register at a different address I have access to and then from home browse the site with Tor. For the trackers that doesn't let you, I would have to use a unique browser with a VPN each having their own residential IP address.

And what about the occasional seedbox I use. It's a shared IP but with 4 or more accounts I guess they could find a pattern. Should I change the provider and location of my seedbox for the different trackers? How do you guys do it? Again this would engenders more cost in the end.

I guess paying such an amount of money would work but it's expensive and maybe Id be better subscribing to Netflix.

Are there VPN providers with cheaper residential static IPs? Is there another way to do this?
    Thanks

To me it sounds like your past bad experiences make you way too cautious. As long as you don't cheat, invite other users or accept invites from other users and only join trackers through official recruitment threads, you should have no issues. I don't think you should be spending so much money on this, if you have that kind of money, just use some streaming services or buy a decent vpn and use public trackers.
    I recommend you to just simply use your trackers and don't waste money and time on all this. If you happen to get banned for some reasons, you can always restart and even elite trackers open their gates lately.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by DataOverfl0w View Post
    As long as you don't cheat, invite other users or accept invites from other users and only join trackers through official recruitment threads, you should have no issues.
    The first paragraph of his post indicates otherwise, as does my experience. People can and do lose their accounts over stupid things that aren't even within their control, like nickname matches, being in the same DHCP pool as a banned member or having their profile page visited by the "wrong" people. It's easier and faster for staff, and you won't get the benefit of doubt unless your site record is prolific in some way. Not breaking the rules and keeping your head down and mouth shut are effective measures in the sense that you don't take additional risks, but there are no guarantees at any time.

PS: I hope "should I spend more than 400 USD a year on static IPs, VPNs and seedboxes so I can continue downloading from elite trackers" wasn't a real question...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    People can and do lose their accounts over stupid things that aren't even within their control, like nickname matches, being in the same DHCP pool as a banned member or having their profile page visited by the "wrong" people.
    That sounds horrible, I hope it's not that common. But I agree, minimizing the risks in the aforementioned way is a terrible choice.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    None
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 1/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Getting banned is like getting caught cheating. It breaks your heart and you feel like it wasn't your fault. But at the end it doesn't matter. Like everyone at some point in their life have heard the phase "Nothing is meant to last forever"

However, that's a lot of useful info in this thread. Thank you all!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233