+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: How to reregister on trackers/hold multiple accounts

Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    Quote Originally Posted by faltu View Post
    If I move to another country, I'm guessing IP is no longer an issue?
    Correct, but the other stuff is still relevant.

Also do these trackers have a way of tracking you through your laptop too? Like a network card or MAC address something? Do I need to get a new laptop?
    Haha, no. The MAC address thing is a myth. And if you needed to buy a new computer every time you want to create a dupe, DarkSaibot would own enough processing power to run the Matrix

Anyway, I've been meaning to make some updates to the first post for a while, since its age shows somewhat ("Google Chrome 4", "What.cd and x264"). But if you think about it in terms of tasks to do rather than exact steps to follow, you'll be fine.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Correct, but the other stuff is still relevant.

Haha, no. The MAC address thing is a myth. And if you needed to buy a new computer every time you want to create a dupe, DarkSaibot would own enough processing power to run the Matrix

Anyway, I've been meaning to make some updates to the first post for a while, since its age shows somewhat ("Google Chrome 4", "What.cd and x264"). But if you think about it in terms of tasks to do rather than exact steps to follow, you'll be fine.
    Makes sense. The reason why I asked is that I got permabanned or "IPbanned" on twitter for an inflammatory post I made. So I cleared browser history, created a new email, changed my country as I moved from the US back to India. Lo and behold I'm banned in like 5 mins after registration. I was like wtf happened. How did they find out I'm the bad guy? Luckily they gave me an option to enter my phone number and confirm my account and I was like ok I'll do it, can I login in peace now? I don't know what kinda scripts they're runnin but damn it's bad.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    I don't know what kinda scripts they're runnin but damn it's bad.
    Big mainstream services are known to suspend accounts (both new and old but especially new) that engage on any kind of "suspicious activity", in a way that often can't be distinguished from picking them at random. I lost my first Gmail from when they were invite-only that way: one day Google decided they needed to verify my identity before letting me in, and since no recovery options were available (they weren't mandatory on 2004), it was essentially equivalent to having the account closed.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

faltu (02.09.21)

Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    Anyway, this is no promise, but I still want to make the aforementioned updates. I would appreciate feedback on what you all think should be added, clarified or removed. After having a quick look at the first post, I can think of at least a few points.

• Editing or removing references to now-obsolete sites or procedures (e.g. cmyip.com, What.cd, Flash cookies, Extreme Mod custom ID).
    • Removing step-by-step instructions for programs, as those have changed (and will change) and their documentation is a better reference anyway.
    • Add an explanation regarding VPNs and proxies, as private trackers' stances on those are generally more permissive than 11 years ago.
    • Add more details about which account data trackers log, how, and for what purposes, because know thy enemy and stuff.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (02.09.21)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

yes they know everything about you, all sites with images are fingerprinting you, to know what fingerprint means you can check julesjordan with torbrowser, they will know your browser language, ram, video card, that is enough for marking you

Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    Hah! I daresay most of this forum had to become acquainted with such matters by force, and very early on. So can you, if you read our extensive discussions, particularly anything posted by Renk (https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=32755 and https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=34774 are good starts).

The problem is, the usual countermeasures and paradigms do not apply here. Tor Browser's primary goal is to deter individual user tracking by giving everyone an identical fingerprint, routing all traffic through Tor to make IP addresses irrelevant, and not retaining browsing data across sessions by default. However, on a private tracker, this screams "dupe or suspicious account". IPs in particular are far more entropic identifiers than on the "normal" Internet, due to the rules governing account sharing, connections from proxies and VPNs, and usage of mobile Internet (or to be precise, disallowing or heavily regulating all of them).

Basically, you need to look different from your previous identity, and simultaneously similar to an average member.
    Thanks

Unregistered
    you said they don't know mac adress, they don't need to know, they fingerprint and with this is enough for mark anyone, probability to have similar pc in your ip range is very low, maybe in big countries where the pt activity is bigger you could hide your identity but if your country have small pt activity you are done, and disable javascript is not an option because all buttons and functionality needs it

Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you said they don't know mac adress, they don't need to know, they fingerprint and with this is enough for mark anyone
    But you can change your fingerprint.

maybe in big countries where the pt activity is bigger you could hide your identity but if your country have small pt activity you are done
    True to an extent, but I acknowledged as much in my previous post where I mentioned IPs are considered more specific identifiers. If you were the only guy in Mozambique or the Falkland Islands with a RED account, you may need to think about potential workarounds.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    What if you simply format your computer? Doesn't that remove all "fingerprints" (besides hardware fingerprint)?

Also how do you know you've removed your entire fingerprint? Is there a checklist? Also is the OP comprehensive?

I wish there was a way to delete your entire account info from the given tracker's database.
    Last edited by faltu; 12.09.21 at 16:44.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    What if you simply format your computer? Doesn't that remove all "fingerprints" (besides hardware fingerprint)?

Also how do you know you've removed your entire fingerprint? Is there a checklist? Also is the OP comprehensive?
    All of this can be answered by reading posts #469 and and #471

I wish there was a way to delete your entire account info from the given tracker's database.
    I've been wishing for that since 2010, and not because I want to make dupes more easily... obviously won't happen in any case.

https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=22748
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132