+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Global Research. Anatomy of a Military Coup d'Etat

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Global Research. Anatomy of a Military Coup d'Etat

I found this on a different alternative media site called Global Research. It's of Canadian origin and has perspectives, that by the looks of it, is more than suspicious of actions by governments.

Nevertheless, in the continuing saga of SealLions around the world's oceans conspiring to dominate the open seas of the world, I present to you....

....er...that last bit was a bit of a joke, eh??

This is an article that was written by a man named Michel Chossudovsky and the article that he writes there is of his opinion.
    It was published in February 2004
    So just bear that in mind.

So here goes:

"Washington seeks to reinstate Haiti as a full-fledged US colony, with all the appearances of a functioning democracy. The objective is to impose a puppet regime in Port-au-Prince and establish a permanent US military presence in Haiti.
    This has been discussed a few times and I know that there are various opinions on the matter. I had to bring this article up b/c there is so much speculation on what's going to happen, why it's going to happen, and who, ultimately is leading things down that path.

The US Administration ultimately seeks to militarize the Caribbean basin.
    Of all things, this is not a surprise as you'll see later on. The US has set up a base in Columbia, conveniently close to Venezula.
    Now before you get to far thinking why, where, when, and so forth, think about all the right wing paramilitary groups in Columbia that both maim and kill as equally as the left winger paramilitary and insurgent groups in that same country.

They maim and kill for a number of reasons. To subjugate civilians and demand loyalty from them as well as intelligence. At least as far as I would believe.
    You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

so what I would like to mention here in light of that is does anybody in the US government even give a damn for what the paramilitary groups in Columbia do??
    This is being asked in consideration of the 'democratic' ideals that, that country holds. The freedom from harm and free speech and all that. You know what I mean??
    Because if it didn't, then it would seek to do something to eliminate such things rather than turn a blind eye to this groups while they continue thier operations in Latin America.

And that goes for my country too seeing that it isn't so spotlessly white from corruption as you'll see later on.

Cocaine is a big supplier of money for weapons and yes, I can understand one of the reasons why the US is down there is to prevent the supply of drugs going north.
    But that is just one of many reasons. There's more of /c .
    Cocaine and the transport of it going north might not be the real reason why the US has troops there.
    The US wants to be an empire. This is one of the reasons why the US has got bases in Africa....a.k.a Africom.
    I do believe I made an article about that here in the news section before.

The coup d'Etat had been prepared will in advance. Following consultations behind closed doors in Ottawa in January 2003, the US, with the support of France and Canada took the necessary steps to carry out a Coup d'Etat and forcefully abduct President Aristide.
    Canada is not such an innocent country after all. Neither is France. \
    \
    There is continuity in both the military and economic agenda. The same IMF-World Bank agenda is now part of Haiti's "reconstruction".

I do believe that Haiti recently suffered through a recent event that caused thousands upon thousands of deaths.

Is this going to be a repeat of what happened then??

..... the proposed reconstruction will not contribute to mobilizing domestic resources, empowering the Haitian people, while rehabilitating the institutions of the State, including health education an essential public services. Quite the opposite: the process of reconstruction is dominated by Haiti's external creditors. An army "foreign investors" including construction conglomerates, mining interests, security firms and mercenary companies have already positioned themselves. The "reconstruction" of Haiti will be financed by a mounting external debt. ..... In all likelihood the country's infrastructure will be rebuilt and immediately privatised. The entire national economy is slated to be handed over to foreign capital.
    External debt........ Did you read that??
    You can imagine the external debt that Haiti will face quite shortly when everything is said and done down there after a reconstruction from the earthquake, yes??.

There is way to much to mention in this article.

I realize that people here don't believe that after the US, Canada, and other countries are finished doing thier business down there that they'll just pack up and leave and everybody will feel good b/c they think that they've done a service to humanity.

They won't have done anything positive to Haiti's sovereignty at all.

If you have the time to read all of it while your lounging in your chair, the link is here:

Last edited by SealLion; 26.01.10 at 03:22.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (26.01.10) , slikrapid (26.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    ....er...that last bit was a bit of a joke, eh??
    umm, it is all written down - black on...brown, so, is it rly just a joke?

ah, another suspicious evidence: using global research for...global domination!

The objective is to impose a puppet regime in Port-au-Prince and establish a permanent US military presence in Haiti.
    why is it plausible - they used this tactics before, there is a strategic value to that territory, yet there may also be numerous other reasons/agendas (or 'benefits') for/behind this course of action
    The US has set up a base in Columbia, conveniently close to Venezula.
    This is one of the reasons why the US has got bases in Africa....a.k.a Africom.
    what is unbelievable in the whole story is that the usa citizens (most of them anyways) continue to believe in their government even if all those former governments acted aiming for rather similar goals, with constant emerging of new conflicts where usa 'somehow' just had to find itself involved in - yet none of these game/war absurdities reach usa citizen minds, i mean, how many wars do they need, to say: ok, enough, no more - a serious reality check is needed there (and not only there, all over the world)
    so what I would like to mention here in light of that is does anybody in the US government even give a damn for what the paramilitary groups in Columbia do??
    This is being asked in consideration of the 'democratic' ideals that, that country holds. The freedom from harm and free speech and all that. You know what I mean??
    Because if it didn't, then it would seek to do something to eliminate such things rather than turn a blind eye to this groups while they continue thier operations in Latin America.
    and we could go a step further and ask, what is usa doing there in the first place (its internationally recognized borders are well known)

Canada is not such an innocent country after all. Neither is France.
    france was (and still is) a colonialist country, it plays on top of the EU and same as many other western countries has a certain 'we are among the most advanced' ego-trip - all these aren't characteristics of a rather 'innocent' country

france & england had a significant role in canada colonization, its not a far fetched assumption that this influence has remained strong untill today, the actual loyalty/allegiance (even though it is viewed as ceremonial, this royalty may actually be the real rulers of the world, and they have even their 'majestic heritage' to back it up) may be seen here:

Canada is also a constitutional monarchy, with The Crown acting as a symbolic or ceremonial executive.[73] The Crown consists of Queen Elizabeth II (legal head of state) and her appointed viceroys, the governor general (acting head of state), and provincial lieutenant-governors, who perform most of the monarch's ceremonial roles

External debt........ Did you read that??
    You can imagine the external debt that Haiti will face quite shortly when everything is said and done down there after a reconstruction from the earthquake, yes??.
    agreed, the infamous perpetuating debt strangling yet another victim (a standard banking tool regardless of their location or origin, appearing in monstrous dimensions on country or global levels)

these (rebuilding) contractors have been known to get lucrative over-priced business deals abroad (halliburton is one example, check out some youtube videos on their nightmare-role in iraq)

also, you can expect that much of those millions of $ collected through charity for haiti will just disappear or get spent on items/purposes with unreal costs & prices ('we don't need your blankets, give us your cash' as bush supposedly said regarding the aid)

I realize that people here don't believe that after the US, Canada, and other countries are finished doing thier business down there that they'll just pack up and leave and everybody will feel good b/c they think that they've done a service to humanity.
    well, ordinary people or those who actually went there on their own to help out will do much good for the haitians, some of the donations & aid will create similar effects, but the other side of reality is that many will make big profits out of this (roughly speaking - if its humanitarian work, why would anyone need to donate money, as basically this money will fill someone's pockets - if random people are donating, why isn't the industry doing the same,...) and this cataclysm is only the visible tip of the iceberg, as there will be many other consequences & events afterward, that are connected to the situation (no need to be an expert to know that many of these will be manipulated to serve one's interests & bring yet another point for the power/control/profit 'trinity' in the world)
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (27.01.10) , SealLion (27.01.10)

+ Reply to Thread