Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977

SpamBox question!

I just wanna ask, is it now by default, that you can't close spambox? When I try to close it, it opens up automaticlly!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Hey I just had a thort (wow me think dudh!).

If the original purpose (or it can become its purpose) of having a shout box was to conduce greater engagement of SBI member then why not have a chat system like in games, msn or yahoo and the like, but of course restricted to SBI.

The best ingame chat system I have seen is
    LastChoas
    (check it out, you mght even wanna play )

Those whom want to enter can snap the screen to the left or whereever they choose and an resize the screen too so that it touches the top to bottom if you so please. The transparency of the chat can adjusted to can be overlayed on top of the forum or wherever you may be on the forum so you can chat but still post or read on the normal forum. Allow for a long history and maybe copy and past of not only text from the normal forum but also the chat system. If you want to type in the normal forum just click on it to make it the active window, but always keep the chat system on top (or configurable), you can always resize it if it get in the way of typing on the forums.

How is this different to shoutbox?
    Due to the layout of the chat system it allows for greater involvement.
    Much bigger size but due to transparency does not take up anymore room.
    Customiseable transparency.
    Have a whisper function (maybe) to whisper to only one person.
    Have a "show only these chats option"
    Have a group function where you can broadcast to only a particular group. it can fuction like a conference center.

Shout - everyone
    VIP
    Elite
    Coder
    Advanced
    (or what every goups I missed)

Credentials are auto built in so if you're a non member the VIP section would be unclickable. You can choose more than one group or just one group.

At the current moment you only see the people you see because you enter the sub forums you enter. This of course can be rectified with the shoutbox but an upgrade to a more usuable one would be better if greater engagement is what is called for.

This is all simple to say but someones gona havta code this beast, I feel sorry for him/her
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123