Got some time to slice your post into pieces so here we go... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
Well, I have to agree with slikrapid on a couple of points shadowww. For one thing, it's never pointless to discuss things that are related to Human right's issues, refugee issues, people getting kicked out of the country that they live in because of reason that the Bhutanese felt to get rid of them.
My guess it's more related to ethnicity issues.

If we were to leave this issue as pointless, then I guess we might as well just say that what happened in Rwanda between the Tutsies and the Hutus was pointless and we should have just completely ignored the whole massacre of thousands upon thousands of people.

Well, you missed my point kind of.
I say, that we don't have any reliable information which could we use for a basis of our discussion.
Simply put, when we have statements, and witnesses of a people who are oppressed on one side, and when we have people who deny that problem on other side, then we can discuss propetly.
But here we have just obscure statements from one side, so any discussion is IMO pointless.
...discussing issues such as the ethnic cleansing that occurred in the old Yugoslavia was also completely pointless and we (spoken in the context of those nations who were involved in wanting to do something about the issue) was also pointless and should never have gotten involved.
This is something completely different. We don't know is there any !killing! going on in Bhutan. But massacres on ex-Yu teritorries was I belive well known, there was UN here with journalists who did all work. World knew what was going on. That's huge difference.

As a matter of fact, why not go one step further and just say that it was never really anybody's business and that the massacre of thousands upon thousands of people was really, no-body's business.

Why not just say that??
So, you are basically overreacting and exaggerating over my wrongly understood post here.
The point is never to debate angrily but to discuss.
Of course it is. I think I never offended anyone here so far and my intention is to continue this practice.
That's why I make these News posts so that people can bring their views ( and very few do...unfortunately) and discuss them here.

I like to discuss things of things that I think are important or even of an interest to others here.
Alright, I would just advise you here to not post only bad news. I'm sure there is lot of good happening in the world too
The objective: To EDUCATE.
No education can come from discussing over biased statements, misunderstandings and gossips.

Next in your post you basically repeat yourself so Ill skip that part (and I already wrote about my regret for journalists in other topic)

Correct me if I'm wrong, shadowww, but maybe it's because perhaps you've never really come across issues of banking corruption.... Banking cartels. ...Corporate corruption.... ethnicity issues (like this topic here) and Issues related to things that were made to be not known to the general public, yet only to be known to those who were supposed to know because it was secret arrangement; or something to do with some secret parallel government existing in Bulgaria (yes. believe it or not, there actually is one. REad one of my Wikileaks articles that exposed a secret parallel government.).
Banks, financial and economy corruption does not interest me at all (and I see no relation with them in this thread yet so please stop broadening subject more because it becomes rly hard to follow up).

Also, if one person who may or may not be american makes some statement about Bhutan after he's pointed it on the map has you believe that all of a sudden he's smarter than the rest, then I"m sorry to say shadowww, but that would be a completely different incorrect impression.
I'm not really sure what do you want to tell me here. Everyone can have opinion and statements, but their familiarity with a subject highly influnces MY opinion I will make on them (and their opinions). If that makes sense.
When I read about issues like that, I like to 'read between the lines'.
News isn't all black and white.
there's words between the lines too.
News that can also be corroborated alongside other news to come to a bigger picture.

Not necessarily to have come to a conclusion, but to make a bigger picture of things that weren't all in black and white.

News isn't just coming from one place. News is a collection of news articles, statements, facts all put together to have come together for a bigger picture.
Alright now you are slowly getting to the point (last paragraph). But we can't read between lines if our sources are shit. Now I know I'm just repeating myself but you do same too so who cares

Stick around shadowww. There's news that I have a feeling that I'll be posting about that I think probably won't make you too happy.
I'll try to filter out something that interests me. And join discussion when it comes to one. :)

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but it'll probably cover issues that your not used to having discussed because you never came across such things before because probably, your not used to having the old ways and beliefs and so forth put up for debate or discussion because such things should never be discussed because they're taboo or something like that.
Nah, I consider myself pretty open minded and have no problems with discussing over any subject (only factor is how I'm really interested in specific subject).

All I can say shadowww, is that I hope that you'll stick around for my News postings.
There's a lot that I've discussed.
Maybe have a look at some of them if you like.
That depends on what news you will post. .p
News happens in all quarters of the world. Some news isn't supposed to get out. But fortunately it does.
And when it does, discussing them at least educates you about the world around you.
Yea, I see you have strong affinities toward these "leaked", non mainstreim, secret, obscure (in a way) news, but you must take these news with a dose of scepticism.