+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SB-Innovation official metal thread

Thankfully,I don't find any of this
    quite repetitive, unimaginative and ultimately rather boring
    Perhaps my definition of genre is different...To me this IS metal...just another type of it,is all....

But ultimately no point posting such content if the intended targets are not going to enjoy it...

Moving On...
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Perhaps my definition of genre is different...To me this IS metal...just another type of it,is all....
    well, seems you'll have to adjust the definition then, you can see for yourself how these bands are classified, nowhere near metal - when in doubt check the Encyclopaedia Metallum, it should have the majority of past & present metal (and to some extent metal related) bands listed

But ultimately no point posting such content if the intended targets are not going to enjoy it...
    its not about enjoying it, but rather to post in the appropriate section/thread - its more likely that some electronic music listeners would enjoy it and you may imagine they won't be looking for it or expecting to find it in a metal thread
    Thanks

All of the artist I posted make live music not just from synthesizers but also from distorted guitars and keys...

Whats up with you anyway??
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    All of the artist I posted make live music not just from synthesizers but also from distorted guitars and keys...
    so does 'the prodigy', yet no one would classify them as metal, not even by a long shot

Whats up with you anyway??
    what do u mean?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    I see someone here needs some education. How about from this very talented young fella:

10 Genres of Metal in 3 Minutes

Comparison of metal vs rock

Evolution of metal (1970-2010)

Some other stuff from this guy, his own compositions:

Time signature madness

and

Dual guitare magic
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Resurrection (28.09.10) , alpacino (25.09.10) , slikrapid (24.09.10)

All right..allright...So you two are ganging up on me...

Let me bring my big guns... Since we are all going back to roots,why not enjoy a bit of Neo-Classical Metal...

Below are My favorite classical metal tunes...All hail Yngwie Malmsteen \m/

----------------------------------------------------------------

And some Bach,Beethoven and Vivaldi perhaps???

Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (29.09.10) , slikrapid (28.09.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Let me bring my big guns... Since we are all going back to roots,why not enjoy a bit of Neo-Classical Metal...
    thats more like it

another one from batio:

Michael Angelo Batio - Prog

and one from a more jazz oriented guitarist:

Shawn Lane - Gray Pianos Flying

finally, a longer vivaldi cover:

Cherniy Kuznets - Letnyaya Groza (Vivaldi Tribute)

edit:
    just remembered this one:

Steve Vai - Building The Church (Live in Minneapolis 2009)
    Last edited by slikrapid; 28.09.10 at 15:44.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (29.09.10)

hey you know i love Batio but somehow I've always felt his fame was for shredding the guitar rather than music...

Don't get me wrong,i know shredding is difficult and god knows how many times I've tried and made a fool of myself but I never felt Batio was as great a guitarist as say Vai or Satriani or Yngwie coz I've never felt as connected to his songs as I do with theirs...'Always with me,Always with you' by Joe Sat is one of my all time favorites and what a beautiful song it is...Batio's songs don't have that feeling to them.He has some stunning tunes but few and far between...Hence all the shreds seem pointless to me...I mean speed guitar is only fascinating the first 100 times before it starts sounding like repetitive computer error messages...

Just my opinion though...

I'd love to hear what the regular metal listeners think of him...
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (02.10.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Batio but somehow I've always felt his fame was for shredding the guitar rather than music...
    you mean melody

i'd say that as long as the music resonates with you, provides sufficient auditory excitement, it doesn't matter whether the emphasis of the song is placed on technical prowess or melody, though going into extremes on either one of them will likely turn out unsatisfactory

batio does like to (perversely) overdo his shredding, but who can blame him, its his thing and its rather safe to assume many do like such sonic adventures - imo when he manages to harness his need to 'shred away' he can make some interesting and listenable structures (as seen in my previous post)

a few nice melodic songs from former megadeth guitarist marty friedman:

Marty Friedman - The Yearning

Marty Friedman - Angel

Marty Friedman - Intoxicated

some of my favorites from joe satriani:

Joe Satriani - The Extremist

Joe Satriani - Belly Dancer

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien (live)

Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

shadowww (06.12.10) , SBfreak (02.10.10)

Hey metal dudes:)

Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (02.10.10)

VIP
    P2P Client
    legal, illegal, scheißegal
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    Meine Lieblingsband und das seit Anfang der 80er jahre, daher hoffe ich euch einen schöner Slayerabend anbieten zu können

die Kultband die für mich Anfang der 80er den Trend zum Trash gegründet haben

regards
    Last edited by Snitlev; 02.10.10 at 21:57.

Wer versucht zu rennen, bevor er laufen kann, kommt meistens zu Fall

stop animal experiments, take child molesters - they like pain!

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (02.10.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    since the general mood is middle-eastern/arabic, here's a mix of various metal genres focusing on music inspired by egyptian themes

@SBfreak:
    Sawlegen was a nice one

@Snitlev:
    related to the topic of my post, your favorite thrash band slayer made a video for their song 'seasons in the abyss' nearby the egyptian pyramids

also, while listening to the music you might wanna check out what was happening to metal fans in egypt as their government had to face the 'evil metal menace'

Ever since its introduction to Egypt, heavy metal music and its fans have been perceived by many as being westernized, disturbed, dark or evil. “Metalheads” or “headbangers," locally known as shabab el-metal (metal youth), or mateela (roughly: metalists), have often been associated with alcohol and drug use, addiction, extramarital sex, orgies, sexually transmitted diseases, aggressiveness, Zionism, Satanism, animal sacrifices, and other vices.

In January 1997 these claims culminated in the arrests of nearly 100 metal fans. While such wholesale crackdowns may have decreased, and while metal is said to be on the rebound, its fans still report incidents of detention and harassment at the hands of authorities.
    Code:
    http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/news/ongoing-demonization-egyptian-metalheads

and btw, did you check the new dimmu borgir album, imo it sux big time, total sellout recycling (but unfortunately that was to be expected)

anyways, to start off with a band from egypt:

Odious - For The Unknown Is Horrid

Nile - Ramses Bringer Of War

Nightwish - The Pharaoh Sails to Orion (ft. Tapio Wilska)

Dark Moor - The Shadow of the Nile

Nocturnal Rites - Egyptica

Edguy - The Pharaoh

Freedom Call - Pharao

Ark Storm - Roar Of The Pharaoh (instrumental)

as a bonus, lets travel a bit to the west of the african continent into algeria, keeping a related music inspiration, but completely changing the genre, from metal into rai

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia: rai
    Raï (English pronunciation: /ˈraɪ/; Arabic: راي‎) is a form of folk music that originated in Oran, Algeria from Bedouin shepherds, mixed with Spanish, French, African and Arabic musical forms, which dates back to the 1930s.
    Khaled - Oran Marseille (Oran Mix)

Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (06.10.10) , Resurrection (04.10.10) , Snitlev (03.10.10)

@snitlev

English please dude...

Don't leave a fellow metalhead out...

\m/

================================================== ===

@slik

Hey you know that Sam Dunn's documentary called "Metal a headbanger's journey"...It showed how metal fans in Egypt are treated and how the metal scene suffers due to people's ignominy...

Take this video for example...

BTW fucking awesome videos....That Nightwish one was smokin....
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    what Snitlev said was (google translate was pretty close):

my favorite band since the early 80s, so i hope to offer you a beautiful slayer-evening
    the cult band that for me in the early 80s founded the trend of thrash (metal)

you know that Sam Dunn's documentary called "Metal a headbanger's journey
    yeah, i remember it vaguely, can't recall the egyptian part though

the interview you linked was unusual, random metal fans vs. a conspiratorial hard-line politician (there is a longer version but without subs), kinda sad to see how their youth get restricted by religious beliefs of a fundamentalist nature (in the 21st century no less), guess it'll take a while to get into a more modernist mode, if not sooner then surely during the transition to the new era of aquarius, though what kind of religious transformation it may cause is rather questionable

on the other hand, struggle does provide a fertile ground for musical/artistic inspiration so some good metal may be the result of it (as in 'for every bad, there's good')

also, the statement how zionists introduced/funded metal is false, more correctly, zionist controlled elements of the industry have directly and/or indirectly manipulated parts of metal, similarly to other areas of human activity

as for the satanic contents, here is a comment on that:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=5#post181328

That Nightwish one was smokin....
    yup, unlike their current line-up & products
    Thanks

Hey since we are traveling the world ,Why don't we stop at for a cup of tea and some awesome Oriental Music...

This genre is not asian but its more about the local flavors and influences (be it jewish/hebrew/indian) incorporated into the music

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 ----------

Amazing music...get the whole album if you can...
    Thanks

24. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (13.10.10)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast