+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inflating the number of peers on a torrent?

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    Still Dont understand that what kinda experiment is this to make spoof of 4000 fake uploaders for a torrent...

Man as i think You Are wasting Your time mate..Its good to get to understand things & all ..But this is like wasting your knowledge & bandwidth for nothing..

Coz 1 Rm takes 30 mb ram you want to make 4000*30=117 gb memory..i dont think any pc on the world can let you provide you that...

With Same client You are seeding or faking Or different..ppl can catch you in time too..
    Last edited by thecoolest; 19.10.09 at 12:31.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39476
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolest View Post
    Coz 1 Rm takes 30 mb ram you want to make 4000*30=117 gb memory..i dont think any pc on the world can let you provide you that...
    Except that Octane one And that's what he's going to use the "client" cheatos will code for him.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolest View Post
    Still Dont understand that what kinda experiment is this to make spoof of 4000 fake uploaders for a torrent...

Man as i think You Are wasting Your time mate..Its good to get to understand things & all ..But this is like wasting your knowledge & bandwidth for nothing..

With Same client You are seeding or faking Or different..ppl can catch you in time too..
    trust me man...i know wat im doin

im def not goin to use ratiomaster, am just waiting for cheatos...

CHEATOS, my friend, where are you?!!

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Except that Octane one And that's what he's going to use the "client" cheatos will code for him.
    exactly!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    but..thats all i understand..but 4000 rm kinda impossible to run..dont you think abt it..i also want to know result mate
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39476
    For the last time, he's not going to run 4000 RMs.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    got it..it makes me little confusing..its alright..i still wanna know abt its experiment result
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Az
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    so, anyway to have that done since Vuze also offer tracker, mod little more and you could do that considering Vuze version is modded & just have to example add 200+ (real # of peers) to your own tracker running on Vuze.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss231
    Quote Originally Posted by cmouse35 View Post
    so, anyway to have that done since Vuze also offer tracker, mod little more and you could do that considering Vuze version is modded & just have to example add 200+ (real # of peers) to your own tracker running on Vuze.
    What's the point, why would anyone want to cheat himself?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    @cmouse u would want to have the announces, announce at the tracker u wanna cheat on not ur own
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Az
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    To promote your stuff, if you have more seeds & peers, it will help to become more popular. It doesn't need to be 1000s even 100s will do fine.

if you are running your own tracker in Vuze, I should be able to manipulate the data as needed. As I do not have control over open tracker so no point of talking about it.

I investigated that Vuze when you enable your own tracker it uses following file in XP.
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Azureus\tracker.config

Can someone look at this file it is a binary instead of ASCII, so cannot read it.

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Here is a good example...
    *removed*

You will notice this torrent has 1000s of peers/seeds, but if you download & run torrent only connects to one. How was this person able to do it... with his own tracker.
    Last edited by anon; 12.04.10 at 00:02. Reason: Removed torrent link.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39476
    First of all, crossposting is not allowed. I've trashed the posts in the Vuze thread, since this one suits your discussion better.

Secondly, the site rules don't allow torrent links, but by the time you read this you'll probably have realized that.

Finally, let's have a look at what the tracker.config file stores:
    Code:
    ROOT
    |_torrents
      |_ ITEM n
         |_ dateadded
         |_ hash
         |_ passive
         |_ persistent
         |_ stats
            |_ announces
            |_ bytesin
            |_ bytesout
            |_ completed
            |_ downloaded
            |_ scrapes
            |_ uploaded
         |_ status
         |_ torrent file
    As I see it, the most you could alter by editing that file would be the amount of snatches. Not the amounts of seeders or leechers. Of course, if you know Java, you can add this "feature" yourself.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss231
    I'm not sure what do you mean to promote your stuff?
    Promote it where? If you run your own tracker and want to promote it, faking number of peers won't help you very much. If you think you can somehow use azureus tracker to spoof torrents tracked by other trackers that's not possible.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Az
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    ok, that would mean modifying tracker file would not help as they do not store # of peers & seeds data.

Unless, Vuze is modified to fake that info.

Again for the last time, I already now, you cannot do this on other trackers only possible on your own, so please do not keep asking the same question.

So changing tracker config file is out of question, maybe in future version of Vuze Mod, this function/feature will be allowed if you are running your own Vuze tracker.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    @cmouse unless someone were to search for torrent-A, on ur tracker-A and also on a famous tracker and they were using a web crawler to aggregate the numbers of sources from each tracker then this might work. But the web crawler would have to track ur trackers stats

Now lets say someone goes to famous tracker-B and searches for torrent-A, how would ur fake stats affect their own peerlist? they cant and wont cos ur tracker has nothing to do with them.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Az
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    @cmouse unless someone were to search for torrent-A, on ur tracker-A and also on a famous tracker and they were using a web crawler to aggregate the numbers of sources from each tracker then this might work. But the web crawler would have to track ur trackers stats

Now lets say someone goes to famous tracker-B and searches for torrent-A, how would ur fake stats affect their own peerlist? they cant and wont cos ur tracker has nothing to do with them.

I agree, I have run my own torrents with multi tracker info in them, since I am the 1st seed on my own torrent, going forward it will be my tracker become primary & others secondary.

Again, I do not want to deviate from the original issue of how to fake seeds/peers on your own tracker.

That tracker could be builtin Vuze, since Vuze is already modified, it may not be big task to do that, by MOD team.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast