Thread: Cheating Etiquette (?)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkendonuts View Post
    My thoughts are this, if i would've realized how great a tracker what.cd is and was at the time I never would have cheated and I'd give anything to have my account back, but the only way to get back in is to get an invite or pass the interview but I'm afraid of getting banned a 5th time, I don't even care about m y other private accounts. I don't care if they get deleted, I just want what back. :(
    I'd say you were lucky. You got banned before contributing too much of value. It sucks when you've tried to be a good member for years, uploaded your own hard work, and done everything right, and THEN you get banned, for something idiotic like saying something that goes against a moderator's beliefs. No, it's best to have your heart broken and figure things out early. Life is just as happy -- no, happier! -- after you get over the pain and learn how to be smarter and more cunning than your opponents rather than to rely on their goodwill.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

THC (10.04.15) , ozymandis (10.04.15) , gagaolala (10.04.15)

P2P Client
    uTorrent 1.8.4
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    I cheat to spite seedboxes, and to accumulate enough buffer and seed base to have ratio start building up by itself. I feel that seedbox owners are also in that condition where they don't need to worry about the ratio economy. Their credits keep multiplying without any additional effort. That's the sweet life of the rich. Seedbox owners can get really worked up (as can those who oppose them) in forum threads and chat when their privileges are challenged. That makes a fun reading.

I've made a few silly experiments at first. I've cheated on Rutracker a couple of times just because I could find other people's passkeys on the internet. I learned how tracker announces worked there to avoid making mistakes.

My actual global ratio across all sites has stayed well above 1. I don't want to reveal the exact numbers to protect my identity. As I speak, I just finished uploading at 3 MB/s to a private tracker and am now uploading to Rutracker at 7 MB/s. (It is the middle of the night.) My ratio is also 'positive' on eMule.
    Spoiler offtopic about eMule:
    Speaking of that, I've been a modded client since the beginning, because I feel that the satisfaction of being able to cheat and precisely control my upload and then choose not to. I was booted off eMule chat and forums for saying I used an innocent mod that allowed to control the number of upload slots, an absolutely necessary function for tuning the upload for [relatively] fast connections. The developers would require that users engage in political debate on the forum to get the 4-5 kB/s limit per upload slot raised, and would like to make the final decision about it. Well, no.
    Bittorrent client authors also like to restrict the features available to users (viewing of the peer list, managing its contents, etc..). I became a pirate to avoid being subjected to rules and restrictions of this kind.
    Last edited by NewFoundBoy77; 15.04.15 at 06:22.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFoundBoy77 View Post
    As I speak, I just finished uploading at 3 MB/s to a private tracker and am now uploading to Rutracker at 7 MB/s. (It is the middle of the night.)
    Also known as "seedbox speeds"

Unless you have one of those connections where you get 1000 Mbps to computers inside the same country and 1% of that for the rest of the world.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss376
    If ratio tracker: Find a way to up TBs quick or abandon it.
    If ratioless limit the upload so you can just announce.
    Don't use moded clients like a little bitch.
    Abandon elitist paranoid trackers PTP, GFT and W.CD, they are cancer and
    trigger happy idiots .
    I also recommend you abandon trackers with a tight and thorny hole like : TL,DH
    cause you can't cheat much or make a decent buffer even as an hones noncheatting user.
    Stay out of sight cause those maniac tracker staff nerds get curious and have no life.
    Stay away from invite forums of any kind , too many ADHD nazis and
    speculative big mouth whores in there.
    JUST LEECH , community is crap anyway.
    Last edited by koel; 16.04.15 at 18:01.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (16.04.15)

P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    SEED if possible
    Don't Over-Cheat
    Never Cheat on Trackers which are Ratio-less and doesn't have an Invite forum
    Always use comfortable speeds
    Never Cheat to Show off
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123