P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    Quote Originally Posted by vvtwx View Post
    gft is overrated anyways
    Well the seed back requirement is nothing compared to what other trackers expect. Its 48 hours and includes leech time. Sometimes it takes me more than 48 hours to download some large game and till that time the seeding requirement is over.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

DriftKing (25.01.14) , anon (25.01.14)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39486
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Well the seed back requirement is nothing compared to what other trackers expect. Its 48 hours and includes leech time.
    This is an interesting mechanic I hadn't seen before. Can you elaborate on it works?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM, RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss253
    Open signups guys because they are low in donations ahahah
    lol those guy are desesperated
    Last edited by maniak; 26.01.14 at 04:36.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss376
    They have many bots dropping all sorts of scene shit .
    As a 0day tracker it is the best cause it covers almost all scene(they don't keep it long time but that's not the point of a 0day tracker , that's the focus of a general tracker or aggregator ) unlike scc + the rest , scum 0day trackers.
    It is a decent tracker & those who can't see that don't have a clue about private trackers .
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    This is an interesting mechanic I hadn't seen before. Can you elaborate on it works?
    Well the moment you start leeching, the clock starts ticking. The requirement for every torrent is 48 hours and strangely this includes leech time. So if you take more than 48 hours to download the torrent (some large game for example), you can stop the torrent as soon as you finish since the 48 hours required time is over.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anon (27.01.14)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39486
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    So if you take more than 48 hours to download the torrent (some large game for example), you can stop the torrent as soon as you finish since the 48 hours required time is over.
    This was what I was afraid of. For an average torrent this system is okay since most people won't spend much time downloading. But it does not encourage retention for older torrents where there might be but a single seeder and spending so much time to get the files is a very real possibility.

Maybe taking hours off the required seeding time in proportion to how much you uploaded before completing the transfer, or increasing the time requirement by taking age and amount of seeders in consideration would be better options. Although prior to the current open signups, most if not all who got invited to GFT were familiar with BitTorrent etiquette and probably seeded way more than 48 hours anyway, simply because it's the right thing to do.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi stuff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss359
    Yea, blackcats has it where you need to seed for so long (or you get a bad no no on that torrent file you DL lol) and you get bonus points just to staying seeding even if their is no one DL off that link.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    This was what I was afraid of. For an average torrent this system is okay since most people won't spend much time downloading. But it does not encourage retention for older torrents where there might be but a single seeder and spending so much time to get the files is a very real possibility.

Maybe taking hours off the required seeding time in proportion to how much you uploaded before completing the transfer, or increasing the time requirement by taking age and amount of seeders in consideration would be better options. Although prior to the current open signups, most if not all who got invited to GFT were familiar with BitTorrent etiquette and probably seeded way more than 48 hours anyway, simply because it's the right thing to do.
    Agree but when a person wants to seed, he seeds. You will find numerous seeds on TPB torrents too where there is really no pre defined requirement. I am seeding around 20 torrents on GFT, and I am the only seed on around 8 of them. Although nobody has snatched them from a long time, I keep them seeding because there is a page where they say:

On the following torrents you are the LAST seeder:
    If you delete it, the torrent will die
    PLEASE share it for as long as you can
    I like methods used by trackers like BTN for keeping old torrents alive. Here the longer you seed, the more points you accumulate. So if I am seeding a torrent for 6 months, I get seed points multiplied by 6.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

anon (28.01.14)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39486
    On the following torrents you are the LAST seeder:
    If you delete it, the torrent will die
    PLEASE share it for as long as you can
    This is a good feature. Sometimes merely suggesting people that they could do this or that easy thing to help the site really goes a long way.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

Jordan (28.01.14)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    This is a good feature. Sometimes merely suggesting people that they could do this or that easy thing to help the site really goes a long way.
    Ya it works for me. This is one of the motivations to keep the torrent seeding forever.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss566
    In matter of long time seeding, I found BTN has found good solution. Get more BP as long you seed and get next userclass with this bp. I think all ratiofree tracker has Bonus point system for encourage seeding time. That's why GFT has lost most of seeder after 48 hours as FTN do. no seeder in older torrents. Tehconnection has also found good way to encourage seeding time. They count torrent size + Seed time with average calculation and you promote to next user class. but at last as I said GFT still is good for fresh scene torrents as it's a ratio free.

I found nowadays 2 tracker is a headache in term of seeding. 1'st BCG - I downloaded a scene release game and than booh.......seeded..seeded...seeded... I think it's take atleast month to get back my badge of honour. and second is IPT...seed 2 week ? really...it's a pain or give your upload credit back funny...and their seedpoint is increasing like tortoise way
    Last edited by DriftKing; 28.01.14 at 17:42.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    I find BCG as pretty easy to meet seed requirements, but then I have torrent client running whenever is my PC on. Doesn't matter that I still have crappy upload, seedtime increases easily. If you don't feel so, get your scene releases from somewhere else, popular ones get uploaded everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by koel View Post
    They have many bots dropping all sorts of scene shit .
    Do you mean that as a bad thing? Not sure how to interpret that 'shit' in your quote...
    I had feeling that for something to be scene release has to pass certain quality requirements. Or would get nuked. But maybe I'm wrong. I Guess there are always young scene release groups looking to prove themselves on the scene, and they are not yet 'top tier' class... Maybe you are referring to them?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39486
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    4/20 18/20
    Today Posts