Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating on Underground Gamer

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss21
    Quote Originally Posted by GymTanAndLaundry View Post
    Stuff

thanks man, super helpful tips, one last thing though..i got a new email and a new user name of course but the new ip, i have a dynamic ip..i think restarting my router should do the trick right?
    Last edited by anon; 08.04.11 at 18:23. Reason: When quoting large posts, it's a good idea to "snip" them
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrentRatioMaster 1.9.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by handakes View Post
    thanks man, super helpful tips, one last thing though..i got a new email and a new user name of course but the new ip, i have a dynamic ip..i think restarting my router should do the trick right?
    Yes, if your IP is dynamic then rebooting/recycling your modem should get you a new IP address from the DHCP pool that your ISP has.

To check if your IP actually changes go to this page before you turn off/recycle your modem:

What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address

Take note of what your address is. Now reboot your modem and wait to have connectivity again. Now refresh that page. If the numbers of the IP address have changed then your IP changed by rebooting the modem. If they did not (and they don't for me personally unless I turn the modem off for about 2 weeks) to get a more instant effect you will need to change your network cards MAC address. I personally use a program called TMac to do that (search google).
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 08.04.11 at 14:10.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

handakes (08.04.11) , anon (08.04.11)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    If they did not (and they don't for me personally unless I turn the modem off for about 2 weeks) to get a more instant effect you will need to change your network cards MAC address. I personally use a program called TMac to do that (search google).
    Note that if you have a router, you must change its MAC address instead, then power cycle it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

handakes (08.04.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss21
    alright..i used to restart my router to download from servers (RS,MU,etc...) to avoid waiting...so am pretty positive that my P changes..and the reason i said "router" is because it's a router/modem so i meant restarting the modem..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    The Vuze mod's speed++ option works fine on both of these trackers for me. Usually with a cap of 300-400KBps - I just grab the popular torrents (they are usually golden torrents as well) and all is well.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Note that if you have a router, you must change its MAC address instead, then power cycle it.
    Might depend on the setup. I have an [ISP] - [Modem] - [Router] - [Local network] setup and if I reboot the router through it's firmware's GUI, it grabs a new IP instantly. Some ISPs tend to reserve IPs for you for several hours after you disconnect though, so that's worth being careful with.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crane View Post
    Some ISPs tend to reserve IPs for you for several hours after you disconnect though, so that's worth being careful with.
    Yeah, I assumed that was the case since that's how it is around here.

Some guys, e.g. you, are lucky enough to get a new address through simple reconnection.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    The Vuze mod's speed++ option works fine on both of these trackers for me. Usually with a cap of 300-400KBps - I just grab the popular torrents (they are usually golden torrents as well) and all is well.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Might depend on the setup. I have an [ISP] - [Modem] - [Router] - [Local network] setup and if I reboot the router through it's firmware's GUI, it grabs a new IP instantly. Some ISPs tend to reserve IPs for you for several hours after you disconnect though, so that's worth being careful with.
    Yeah my ISP says your IP is dynamic, but they will literally reserve it for you for like 48 hours and if nobody else grabs your IP from the pool while it's available then even after having your modem turned off for all that time, it's not guaranteed you'll have a new IP.... which is why I said in a previous post you often need to have the modem off for 2 weeks as it's rare that somebody else will actually grab your IP on my network! I think we need variation between "dynamic" and "truely dynamic" ISPs... maybe there's a list per country on the net somewhere?
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 08.04.11 at 22:46.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    Yeah my ISP says your IP is dynamic, but they will literally reserve it for you for like 48 hours and if nobody else grabs your IP from the pool while it's available then even after having your modem turned off for all that time, it's not guaranteed you'll have a new IP.... which is why I said in a previous post you often need to have the modem off for 2 weeks as it's rare that somebody else will actually grab your IP on my network! I think we need variation between "dynamic" and "truely dynamic" ISPs... maybe there's a list per country on the net somewhere?
    You could try writting a complaint and have them lower the cooldown period on your IP - you will see they are able to do wonders if you show them that you give a shit about the service you are paying for.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    You could try writting a complaint and have them lower the cooldown period on your IP - you will see they are able to do wonders if you show them that you give a shit about the service you are paying for.
    Hahahahaha I would do that, but as I always change my MAC there is no need
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    I think we need variation between "dynamic" and "truely dynamic" ISPs...
    The more usual terms are "sticky dynamic" and just "dynamic", respectively.

You could try writting a complaint and have them lower the cooldown period on your IP
    If I was in GTAL's shoes, the letter would look like this.

"Hey there, I'd like you to easily let me get a new IP address without having to leave my modem turned off for weeks. I can't do that. Some people drink, smoke, do drugs, or all three at once. But I refuse to mutilate my body like that. My addiction is the Internet, which corrupts the mind, instead. And I can't leave it for weeks just like that.

You may be wondering the big reason behind all this. In simple terms, I need to evade a ban I received on a game piracy site for cheating their ratio system instead of contributing to the spread of copyrighted material. Would you prefer that I clog your pipes uploading data and all that? Didn't think so. And I know I can just change my Media Access Control address and stuff, but I want to have it easy.

Best regards from a paying customer."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254

"Hey there, I'd like you to easily let me get a new IP address without having to leave my modem turned off for weeks. I can't do that. Some people drink, smoke, do drugs, or all three at once. But I refuse to mutilate my body like that. My addiction is the Internet, which corrupts the mind, instead. And I can't leave it for weeks just like that.

You may be wondering the big reason behind all this. In simple terms, I need to evade a ban I received on a game piracy site for cheating their ratio system instead of contributing to the spread of copyrighted material. Would you prefer that I clog your pipes uploading data and all that? Didn't think so. And I know I can just change my Media Access Control address and stuff, but I want to have it easy.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Sounds like a drunken phone call with me and a very bored customer services rep.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28

The sarcasm is completely unnecessary. Perhaps you lack the imagination but I'm pretty sure a convincing message could be delivered - it always can be. And you're not really changing the MAC as much as you are faking it - it's hardcoded into your network card.
    Last edited by Mr. Crane; 09.04.11 at 12:12.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    The sarcasm is completely unnecessary. Perhaps you lack the imagination
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

And you're not really changing the MAC as much as you are faking it - it's hardcoded into your network card.
    You could remove the chip from your NIC and reflash it to change its real MAC, too, and I recall reading some tutorials. Of course you risk bricking the card if things go wrong.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6

Cool

its very easy to cheat in bitgamer over 100gb in 4 days no problem :)))
    mratio
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss55
    The thread which is in the sticky has been locked, so I'm starting a new one

Successfully cheated 15MB/s in the past there with RM + WM.

Seems the "100mbit seedbox" rule doesn't apply here. Same goes for UG!

I know BG and UG have the same scripts, but BG still deserves it's own topic, right? I mean n00bs wont know to check the UG topic for BG advise... especially if they dont have a UG account. :)
    Whats this 100mbit seedbox rule?
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast