Thread: PS2 outselling PS3 and PSP!

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod SB-I
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    Maybe it's not all lost for PS2 support on the PS3, I remember reading an article that mentioned Sony had filled a patent request for a software emulation, or something. But I think it will be like PS1 games on PSN, i.e., you will have to buy the PS2 games online to play them.
    Yes there is some speculation that Sony's going to reintroduce PS2 emulation on the PS3. Here is the article you were referring to I think (LINK)

I don't think the PS2 outselling the PS3 is surprising at all considering the quality of its titles. I really hope I don't have to buy everything again on PSN, if Sony goes for that route.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss110
    Thanks for the link suroyo, hopefully thats true, excellent idea. Although didn't the first PS3 models have backwards compatibility before that got scrapped.

You can always back-up your PS3, to retain all your data. So you don't have to sweat on that idea.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bitcomet & Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss246
    The ps3 had backwards capability but they it out for some stated reasons on the PSN site. I think for reintroducing the ps2 backward capbility it needs some sort of hardware not an software update through the normal ps3 update.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    Quote Originally Posted by suroyo View Post
    Yes there is some speculation that Sony's going to reintroduce PS2 emulation on the PS3. Here is the article you were referring to I think (LINK)

I don't think the PS2 outselling the PS3 is surprising at all considering the quality of its titles. I really hope I don't have to buy everything again on PSN, if Sony goes for that route.
    That's exactly the article I read before, thanks. And yes, I hope sony don't go for that move either, they already fucked up a lot with this new PSPGo that basically ruins PSP gamers with huge library of games, what were they thinking when they took the optical unit out.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtydog View Post
    The ps3 had backwards capability but they it out for some stated reasons on the PSN site. I think for reintroducing the ps2 backward capbility it needs some sort of hardware not an software update through the normal ps3 update.
    I think software emulation will do just fine, xbox originals for example are run on the xbox360 through software emulation.
    If you take a look at an opened first model PS3 machine, you can clearly see an added PS2 card, meaning the emulation on initial models was indeed a hardware one.
    Last edited by alpacino; 06.08.09 at 08:01.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bitthief
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss112
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    If you take a look at an opened first model PS3 machine, you can clearly see an added PS2 card, meaning the emulation on initial models was indeed a hardware one.
    In Europe the first ps3's have a software-emulation. I have one of those and it works fine. Still I don't think it will be released for the new versions. Those rumors have been there for almost as long as the ps3 didn't have backwards compatability anymore, and it still isn't available. So I think we should stop hoping for it.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    tranmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    hmms thats weird thought ps3 would be mainstream by now
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread