+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don’t Copy That Floppy 2 – Real anti piracy video or a parody?

Don’t Copy That Floppy 2 – Real anti piracy video or a parody?

Stumbled across an interesting YouTube video yesterday (actually @isohunt Tweeted it). According to the video description it’s supposed to be an anti piracy video -“anti-piracy hero MC Double Def DP will return in the summer of 2009 to drop some more knowledge on would-be pirates in the sequel to 1992's "Don't Copy That Floppy!”. Watched it once and I still can’t figure out if this is some kind of a joke or a real propaganda video by SIIA (Software and Information Industry Association). I didn’t feel like giving up piracy at all – Instead, I had a sudden urge to puke. See for yourself:
    I say EPIC FAIL
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHaAFqoVLtI]YouTube - Don't Copy That 2 - COMING SOON![/ame]
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (09.07.09)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss86
    Hummm....this is like a remix of the original commercial, but worse......
    They could have done a better job.
    Last edited by Kyllyee; 09.07.09 at 00:30.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bitcomet & Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss246
    lmao... do they want to make fun of copying now? i would say with this shitty they gave up the fight too soon. lol
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39486
    Just finished watching the video. Minors going to jail for downloading music is a really straightforward image of how far anti-piracy groups are willing to go. It doesn't speak very well of them, does it?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    nice one SBfreak, i didn't know about these videos

as for propaganda - it is probably real since its not making fun of copying & the official info is added at the end

i'm prepared to forgive the artists singing pro-copyright if and only if they don't do it anymore

its all marketing nonsense - think about it - when did you last time do something they suggested you to do in commercials...right - almost never

another thing - artists sing about many things like killing/gangs/hard drugs/... does it mean any one of us is gonna do it....of course not

as for Star Trek - they distribute copies of everything for free (Klingons would do it using force if needed), since there is no need to make any kind of payments, LOL - humanity's goal in the future is to improve themselves, not to use some archaic restricting system as copyright for example

another thing - copying is not a crime

it would be easier if artists just canceled every cooperation with the big labels + users/customers that would stop buying...period --> music industry collapses like a stack of cards - it is easier to change behavior of a few hundred companies (and they will have to in order to survive in such conditions) than a few hundred million people

part one is here:

[YT="Don't Copy That Floppy 1"]-Xfqkdh5Js4[/YT]

btw at the end of part one the industry pwns themselves by saying, and i quote:

TSPA gives you permission to copy this video for non-profit purpose of promoting the ethical and legal use of software

correct me if i'm wrong, but that's exactly what filesharing is all about
    Last edited by slikrapid; 09.07.09 at 23:19.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread