Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial about the BiglyBT Extreme Mod] All settings explained

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385

Arrow [Tutorial about the BiglyBT Extreme Mod] All settings explained

Hi,

in this tutorial you will learn what every Extreme Mod setting is and does. Remember that those found at Tools -> Options are global, and will only apply for newly-added torrents; existing ones will keep their individual settings, so double-click and go to the Extreme Mod tabs to change them.

1. lets you change the splash screen displayed when BiglyBT starts up. You can disable it altogether at Tools -> Options -> Interface -> Start, untick "Show splash screen".

2a. ProLeech is a new (as of 2017) feature that creates a .torrent file with peer IPs and ports injected within, so that others using the mod may download it without having access to the tracker it belongs to. Here, you can choose which directory will be used to store those torrents whenever they are exported (manually via right-click -> "Export ProLeech torrent(s)" or otherwise).
    2b. automatically creates a ProLeech copy of a torrent when it's started.
    2c. only creates ProLeech torrents if they have at least x peers, where x is the value you set here.
    2d. overwrites existing .torrent files whenever exporting a torrent.

3a. disables upload. No one will be able to download from you. This may reduce download speeds if the torrents you're downloading are full of real leechers, due to BitTorrent's tit-for-tat scheme. Also, some countries outlaw uploading of copyrighted material, but not downloading, so if this is your case you may find this setting very useful.
    • 3b. will let the mod upload to LAN IP ranges even if you've enabled no upload. Useful if you need to share files with a local peer, for example at work or school, while you still don't wish to upload to external ones.

4. logs the fake settings to the console. Can be useful when troubleshooting issues, but most people won't need this.

5a. will automatically stop the torrent right after it finishes downloading. Careful, this is hit and running, and some trackers may warn you for it.
    • 5b. forces the torrent to stop after the set amount of hours.
    • 5c. removes the torrent after stopping it...
    • 5d. ...and also deletes the .torrent metadata.

6. doesn't send the "completed" flag when the torrent is finished. Useful to avoid rudimentary hit and run detection on certain trackers, but detectable. Also, if you use this, finished torrents will never show up in your snatchlist on Gazelle trackers and Waffles will see them as 100% done but never completed, so be careful!

7. tries to retrieve x peers from the tracker on every announce, x being the amount you set at 7b. May speed things up on public trackers, but has no real use on private ones, and may be detectable.
    • 7b. self-explanatory.

8. make the Update Tracker feature always usable regardless of the tracker status. Useful if you're having network problems such as timeouts and can't wait for BiglyBT to re-enable it, or want to force an stats update. Don't hammer the tracker manually otherwise.

9a. divides the tracker update interval by x, x being the number you set at 9b. This setting is pretty much useless and potentially dangerous, don't enable it.
    • 9b. self-explanatory.

10. lets you see the status of Shu's perfect spoof, which can be controlled via the BiglyBTSpoof.properties file in BiglyBT's directory. It overrides ghostfucker's spoof.

11a. tick this to enable ghostfucker's perfect spoof, which lets you spoof any client for which a client file is available (see BiglyBT/Vuze Extreme Mod Client Files), both to the tracker and peers, and without showing up as [FAKE].

11b. lets you choose which client and version to spoof.

11c. lets you enter a custom peer_id for the mod to use instead of a generated one. Using this feature is generally not necessary, so I won't elaborate on it.

12. this setting cannot be active at the same time as the ratio tool (21) and will override it if enabled. You need to tick this checkbox for the following options to become available:

13a. will stop faking upload unless you're connected to more than x peers, or the peer:seed ratio is higher than y%. The default settings of 1 and 10 will prevent you from faking if you're connected to less than 1 peer, or there isn't at least 1 peer for every 10 seeds in the swarm, respectively. You can set both values to 0 for the mod to fake upload regardless of conditions, but this is dangerous if there are few or zero leechers. Always keep an eye on what's going on!
    • 13b. makes the mod resume fake uploading even if not connected to any other peers, if the amount in the swarm is higher than the one you set above.

14a. prevents overfaking. If enabled, you'll never report an upload higher than the torrent's size multiplied by the value at 14b, even if you've faked more than that.
    • 14b. self-explanatory.

15a. manipulates your reported download. There are two modes for this setting:
    • 15b. for when you're not using any other faking setting. NOTE: disables "no upload".
    • 15c. for when you're using Ratio Mode, Speed Mode++, or the upload multiplier.
    • 15d. the percentage of your download to report. For example, 25% reports one fourth, 50% halves it, 200% reports twice as much download, and so on.

16a. doesn't report your upload or download...
    • 16b. ...and shows you as leecher with 0% done.
    • 16c. ...and shows you as a seeder with 100% done.
    • 16d. ...and shows you as a leecher with the completion percentage you set here.
    • 16e. ...but shows the real download progress (not recommended).

17a. tries to keep your ratio between the values you set. Note this will use whatever fake speeds are required to do so, and offers little control over them.
    • 17b. the values you want your fake ratio to be between.
    • 17c. slows the process down: your fake upload speed will be directly proportional to the torrent's completion percentage.
    • 17d. keeps on increasing your ratio with your real upload after you finish the torrent. NOTE: disables "no upload".

18a. the most thorough fake report setting. It gives you full control over what you'll be reporting.
    • 18b. only starts faking after you have a certain percentage of the torrent, reducing the average speed seen by the tracker.
    • 18c. same as 17c; your fake upload speed will be directly proportional to your finished percentage.
    • 18d. adds your real uploaded amount to your fake one. NOTE: disables "no upload".
    • 18e. shows you as a seeder regardless of your finished percentage. Very useful for faking cross-seeding.
    • 18f. sets the swarm average speed as your minimum fake upload speed. Not recommended.
    • 18g. stops faking upload when the swarm average speed is 0 KB/s. Very useful to avoid faking on inactive torrents.
    • 18h. stops faking when your fake ratio is between the values you set at 18i.
    • 18i. if your fake ratio is between these values, the mod will change speeds to whatever is set at 18j.
    • 18j. which speeds are used when the torrent's target fake ratio is reached. Setting both to 0 stops fake upload.
    • 18k. your base fake upload speed (prior to being modified by the other settings as applicable).

19a. a simple upload multiplier. It reports your real upload multiplied by a number between the following values. NOTE: disables "no upload".
    • 19b. your real upload will be multiplied by a random number between these two values.
    • 19c. shows you as a seeder regardless of your actual finished percentage, and doesn't report download.

20a. ghostleeching. Gets peers from the tracker, then downloads but doesn't report the traffic.
    • 20b. only sends the "started" announce, and nothing else. Further tracker updates will be blocked.
    • 20c. sends a "started" announce, then the "stopped" one immediately after the tracker's reply is received.
    • 20d. sends a "started" announce, then the "stopped" one after the amount of seconds set here passes.
    • 20e. doesn't report any traffic in the "stopped" announce.

21. a simple ratio manipulation tool. It cannot be active at the same time as "fake report to tracker systems" (12) and will override it if enabled. You need to tick this checkbox for the following options to become available:

22a. your fake upload speed. You'll be faking an upload speed between these two values if the conditions below (22d onwards) are met.

22b. your fake download speed. You'll be faking a download speed between these two values if the conditions below (22d onwards) are met.

22c. your fake finished percentage.

22d. stops the torrent after faking the amount of upload you set here.

22e. stops the torrent after faking the amount of download you set here.

22f. stops faking upload when the amount of peers goes below the amount you set.

22g. same as 17c; your fake upload speed will be directly proportional to your finished percentage.

22h. same as 18b; only starts faking after you have a certain percentage of the torrent.

22i. adds the torrent as stopped.

21a. how much upload to add and therefore flash on the next announce, in megabytes.

21b. adds the amount you set before.

21c. sets the total amount of extra upload to 0.

21d. adds the amount you set before, and immediately stops the torrent.

21e. this is the amount of extra upload that will be flashed on the next update.

FAQ

Q: What are the best settings?
    A: There are no "best settings". It all depends on the tracker. Those that work just fine at one may get you banned at another. See https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19749, look up the thread for yours, and read carefully.

Q: Is this the best mod?
    A: Yes! It's undetectable when used correctly. If you'd prefer a uTorrent-based alternative, try the Serenity mod by Owyn, but note it hasn't been updated since March 2011.

Q: How can I disable automatic updates?
    A: Go to Tools -> Options -> Interface -> Start, and untick the third, fourth, fifth and sixth checkboxes.

Q: OK, I got it, but what are the best settings for BiglyBT in general? I mean number of connections, upload speed limit, etc.
    A: Check the Azureus settings calculator, as well as the "Good settings" page on the Vuze Wiki.

Q: The Fake Upload Speed column isn't showing up!
    A: Right-click an empty place in the downloads list, and click Column Setup (in newer versions, you have to click the Column Setup icon in the toolbar instead) In the window that will appear, look for the Fake Upload Speed column, and click (Add).

Q: I have a question that isn't listed here...
    A: Post it in this thread and we'll do our best to help you. However, make sure you search the forum first.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Llorva (04.03.24) , deneme444 (11.05.23) , DocHydra (10.04.21) , Datendiebstahl (24.09.19) , josecarmona (24.09.18) , lil-fella (22.04.18) , H265 (21.04.18) , kxoty (13.09.17) , cloud99 (06.07.17) , push3r (24.10.16) , iDVS (12.07.15) , godtorrent (06.10.14) , 13dk13 (22.11.13) , icaro96 (03.08.13) , throtran (19.03.13) , tesla (27.12.12) , oscdat (17.09.12) , tallebarre (26.06.12) , zeta (22.03.12) , PsicO (12.03.12) , san203 (18.02.12) , dorgus142 (13.01.12) , Y008 (22.10.11) , mammamia11 (09.10.11) , hommer (05.09.11) , Lucius (04.09.11) , P4r4noid (29.04.11) , Dark Knight (23.04.11) , pepi (23.04.11) , ErRor (18.04.11) , isonomy (16.01.11) , BrianBosworth (06.01.11) , scorcher (31.12.10) , ParamouR (24.11.10) , illusive (05.11.10) , Uninvited2611 (26.08.10) , stone33 (09.08.10) , lolz (23.07.10) , Vuze-Sbi (22.07.10) , CSS (19.07.10) , Dr.house (18.07.10) , thecoolest (06.06.10) , Extraterrestrial (03.06.10) , caballero (04.05.10) , zogzog (29.04.10) , mangathala2002 (16.04.10) , leechmodder (05.04.10) , WhaSUP? (04.04.10) , pavlik1972 (02.04.10) , Jambina (14.02.10) , Blocker (12.02.10) , Owniver (07.02.10) , Doppelboom (19.01.10) , sbiuser1 (04.01.10) , abookhalil (22.12.09) , GotIt (02.12.09) , TotalN3wbie (16.11.09) , thegrabber (16.11.09) , Peacemaker13 (08.11.09) , iheartintegra (08.11.09) , saebrtooth (07.11.09) , surfingalien (02.11.09) , Renk (21.10.09) , jul807 (20.10.09) , Frame (13.10.09) , SBcheater (11.10.09) , cilalex (23.09.09) , Instab (18.09.09) , Gen13 (12.09.09) , SBfreak (25.08.09) , kitrucid (11.08.09) , ando (31.07.09) , CS Curse (28.07.09) , shadowww (23.07.09) , ares (21.07.09) , whyme (15.07.09) , bakerman (09.07.09) , yoco (07.07.09) , Dynamic (07.07.09) , alpacino (07.07.09) , splicer (07.07.09) , atlantis (07.07.09) , anonftw (07.07.09) , vDD+wR (07.07.09) , Haggar (06.07.09) , hitman (05.07.09) , shoulder (05.07.09) , Mihai (05.07.09) , RX8 (05.07.09) , Großmutter (05.07.09) , cheatos (05.07.09) , naughtydog (05.07.09)

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    Hey, great effords of you to update the existing extreme mod thread!
    And a nice big textwall like in the old days back.

As an addition I would add that maybe a Link into the older thread could be edited. That way it would be ensured that new members here, or members who dont visit the page regurlarly would know which methods are up-to-date, yes? If you or another mod doesn't see a need for that I'm okay with that too.

greetz vDD
    Last edited by vDD+wR; 07.07.09 at 00:25.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by vDD+wR View Post
    As an addition I would add that maybe a Link into the older thread could be edited. That way it would be ensured that new members here, or members who dont visit the page regurlarly would know which methods are up-to-date, yes?
    Yes (SealLion ftw)

~ Done
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    Yes that's okay!
    So nobody will get confused by the two threads (unless only a part of the post by manas is being read. ).

Yes (SealLion ftw)
    LOL, you got me there! (was a little inspired by his writing style, i guess. )
    Thanks

Blackkatt
    # 18b. same as before, slows faking down. You'll fake upload speed will be directly proportional to your finished %.
    # 18c. adds your real uploaded amount and your fake one together. Disables no upload. Could make you overfake if you get to upload.
    are wrong.

18b. What this setting do it to emulate a real time scenario. Meaning it works just like it
    would if it where your real upload. It acts like the torrent client normally would.

18c. This wont overfake. It may look like it.
    But what you see is the real upload being added to the
    fake upload.
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 27.07.09 at 18:19.

7. Who Said Thanks:

stone33 (11.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackkatt View Post
    18b. What this setting do it to emulate a real time scenario. Meaning it works just like it
    would if it where your real upload. It acts like the torrent client normally would.
    Yes, I know ("cheat gradually"). And the fake speed rises the more pieces of the torrent you have.

18c. This wont overfake. It may look like it.
    But what you see is the real upload being added to the
    fake upload.
    Already know you're a fan of this setting

We have a different understanding of the word "overfake". I call any additional upload that's not my fake upload overfaking. I think for you the word means an extremely high amount of fake upload, right?
    Thanks

Blackkatt
    when I say overfake I mean. Uploading at a higher speed then what I've set as max :)
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 27.07.09 at 18:40.

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    And well, doesn't adding your real upload go over your maximum if you get to upload? Maybe not always, but sometimes.
    Thanks

Blackkatt
    It only looks like that.

Lets say we're now at 210kb/s but max is set to 200kb/s
    210kb/s is not reported to the tracker. Nothing above 200kb/s is. I don't know why it can show just for a moment higher then max set. It's always just some kb/s over if so.

But if you use "use swarm speed as average speed" togehter with "add your real upload to fake upload" you'll see how it goes WAY over what you have set as max. Like 100kb/s or more over. This is overfakeing :)
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 27.07.09 at 19:05.

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    It only looks like that.

Let's lets say we're now at 210kb/s but max is set to 200kb/s
    210kb/s is not reported to the tracker. Nothing above 200kb/s. I don't know why it can show just for a moment higher then max set. It's always just some kb/s over if so.
    Mhm... you mean that even if your real upload is added, it still won't report anything above your Speed mode++ maximum? OK, that'd change the picture. I'll check this.
    Thanks

Blackkatt
    In your client. You'll see columns "real upload speed" and "fake upload speed" When you have checked "add real upload to fake upload". The value in the column "real upload speed" will be added to the column "fake upload speed". So in the column "fake upload speed" you'll see real+fake upload speed.
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 27.07.09 at 19:18.

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    The real upload shown in "real upload" column will be added to the "fake upload" column.
    As if it was more fake upload Now I understand what you mean, lol.
    Thanks

Blackkatt
    humm?

The two values in column "real upload speed" and "fake upload speed" are merged together as one single value. This is what you seen in your client. And this value is the one being sent to the tracker.
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 27.07.09 at 19:25.

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    The two values in column "real upload speed" and "fake upload speed" are merged together as one single value.
    Yes, as if it was more fake upload speed, however it's just your real one and the fake one added up.
    Thanks

Blackkatt
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yes, as if it was more fake upload speed, however it's just your real one and the fake one added up.
    exactly! now we're on the same page

The same thing happens when you use "use swarm speed as average fake upload speed" But here something goes wrong. The value you have set as max upload speed is ignored! and the value from column "real upload speed" is added to whatever speed/value the swarm averages speed is at. Witch can be very high!

I talk about this before. It could be a bug and some coder should take a look at it. Don't you think?
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 27.07.09 at 19:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast