+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new landmark in computer vision

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451

A new landmark in computer vision

Science fiction books and movies have long imagined that computers will someday be able to see and interpret the world. At Google, we think computer vision has tremendous potential benefits for consumers, which is why we're dedicated to research in this area. And today, a Google team is presenting a paper on landmark recognition (think: Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower) at the Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) conference in Miami, Florida. In the paper, we present a new technology that enables computers to quickly and efficiently identify images of more than 50,000 landmarks from all over the world with 80% accuracy.
    Official Google Blog: A new landmark in computer vision
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

splicer (24.06.09) , slikrapid (24.06.09) , anonftw (24.06.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    well, i suppose all it takes are a database with 'several' photos of an object & a recognition software that looks for patterns in images comparing them to the database

similar principles are being used for voice recognition, virus recognition,...

btw the first thought when reading 'a landmark recognition' made me think of a breakthrough/landmark setting achievement
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread