Thread: Feedback for changes part I

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private Beta
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3725

Feedback for changes part I

Here you can leave feedback for the announcement.

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    Quote Originally Posted by nishant View Post
    At least the newer mods should be restricted (e.g. if mratio ever got new emus,
    mRatio can still be downloaded from SM.eu.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I have another idea.

NOw I can't recall if this idea was brought forth before, but I'm going to mention it here.
    Forgive me for re-telling an old idea...its just this thread is getting big with over 1300 views already and I can't recall all that';s been discussed and opined.

Suppose new user is allowed into the site;
    New invitee has a newly designated title such as 'new member' that'll last for maybe 10-30 days (this number is just arbitrary atm);
    During that 10-30 days, 'new user' isn't allowed to download new mods yet;
    After the time expires, 'new user' is allowed to download new mods.
    Disadvantages: Most obvious the wait time that's been enacted. New user's wouldn't want to come here if they have to firstly, get invited and secondly, have to wait.

Advantages: The board's advantage remains.

Alternate idea of the above:New user wouldn't have access to invite section until he's got about 50 posts or so. IN other words, another waiting time.

would a waiting time be fair just to see what's up in the invite and give-away section when you have invite and trading forums galore out there on the internet??

IDK,...??

Last edited by SealLion; 03.06.09 at 03:25.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (05.06.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    New user's wouldn't want to come here if they have to firstly, get invited and secondly, have to wait.

oh yes they will
    - if you really want something you will wait if thats what it takes

until he's got about 50 posts or so. IN other words, another waiting time.
    the staff has to see what kind of user it is, if he gives something to the community or just posts nonsense to reach over the limit

- if its a bad user - he will have to go through some trouble to get to the mods , actually it could even work therapeutically!
    - if its a good user - he won't mind

would a waiting time be fair just to see what's up in the invite and give-away section when you have invite and trading forums galore out there on the internet??
    every forum has some rules, its up to the users to decide whether they will go with or against it, so its a question of choice - its not questionable that the know-how is located right here on this forum and those that want in on such knowledge will know where to go

..its just this thread is getting big with over 1300 views already
    true, some staff feedback and thread conclusions/summary might be nice
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (04.06.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I think that you may be right on with some things there, Silky. :smile(forgive the pun, eh??)

Anyways....maybe your right with the idea that if someone want's something bad enough, they'll wait.

NOw something struck me after having read this:

the staff has to see what kind of user it is, if he gives something to the community or just posts nonsense to reach over the limit

- if its a bad user - he will have to go through some trouble to get to the mods , actually it could even work therapeutically!
    - if its a good user - he won't mind

Now what I'd like to comment on is this:

Instead of some arbitrary number of posts required by the new user, what about this idea which you kind of hit on, Silkrapid.

What about having a base set of regular users that would be interned to assess a new user based NOT on how many number of posts, yet more so on behaviour.

That's close to what you mentioned, Silky.

Maybe not just the moderators, but also a dedicated AND recruited number of users that observe the new user's postings.

That recruited base number of users....there'd be lets say.......5-10 or so...what-ever.....again, that's just an arbitrary number. But this group of people would be recruited to observe and after some time, would PM the staff and give them the go-ahead that this new user can now be further accepted into the board.

You see, you can't put everything onto the moderators, yes??
    That's a lot of work that they already do.

And besides, this effort gives other users the ability to contribute even more AND get involved even more, yes???

What do you think, Silky??

Also, let's get some feedback from the rest of the board. There's already about 1500 views to this thread.
    Silkrapid is right.
    Some feedback would be appreciated.

I mean.....I realize that this thread is gett'in old and people are probably gett'in bored with reading what's here and just don't give a damn anymore.

Quite honestly, I'm getting bored with this thread, too.
    And I"ll be the first to admit it, .....BUT...you can't convince me that everyone who views this thread doesn't have an opinion.

It's either an opinion or no opinion.
    Which is it for frak's sake??

I mean, what do I have to do??
    Post more pics of nice-looking beautiful women??
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (04.06.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Silky, eh?
    its slik, like slicker than your average

You see, you can't put everything onto the moderators, yes??
    That's a lot of work that they already do.

And besides, this effort gives other users the ability to contribute even more AND get involved even more
    well why not, sort of a user behavior monitoring group TM

what do I have to do??
    Post more pics of nice-looking beautiful women??
    those were supposed to attract new participants to the discussion and lift the spirits of those who already participated...maybe they weren't explicit enough

there were many ideas here and we could go on but it would be more efficient to focus on the best ones or those that the staff picks as most promising - like a summary on what's hot and what's not
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (05.06.09) , SealLion (05.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2777
    the idea with having a group of members monitoring new members isnt bad at all and would be a good way to have different point of views. that could fit with one of the ideas that we are talking at the moment in the team

cheaten - wieso kompliziert wenn's auch einfach geht.!

No Place to Hide
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Sliky. You;ll have to pardon me.
    I don't think I was wearing my glasses yesterday...actually, when I'm on the computer many times I don't and I think that I read your username incorrect as a result and henceforth throughout the post I made.

Anyways....about the user behaviour group. I"ll tell you one thing here. It shouldn't be a small group of people. It'll have to be sufficiently populated. I was thinking aobut it last night and quite honestly, you can't have a small population of user's monitoring wanna-be regular SBi'er's , yes??

Also, the other thing that comes to mind about this, is accessibility to who the new regular members would be.

In all honesty, I feel that a seperate board for the monitoring group ought to be available and discussions allowed in it re: the behaviour of said wanna bee's.

This baord would be available to only the monitoring group and staff.

A seperate sub-section inside that board would also function to provide info on who's recently

A. joined and is up for a monitoring by the monitoring group and

B. has been acceptable so as to avoid over-communication efforts to staff to permit such-and-such a person into the rest of the board.

Do you see what I mean??

So I hope that this idea would take care of some technicalities re: the above mentnioned idea of mine, should it be utilized.

Now, I have just thought about an addendum to the above expressed idea.

Would it be prudent to have a type of leader ( or leaders) for this behavioural monitoring group??

The reason why I'm expressing this idea is because someone ( or some people) will need to be a leader to make a final judgement on the activity of such-and-such a person.

YOu can't have 10 guys all screaming 'off with his head'.... and the other 10 yelling..."wait...he's my boyfriend or girlfriend...let' em in"

There's got to be some appropriate level of hierarchy and responsibility for communicating the acceptance ( or disaproval) so such-and-such a person.
    A final decision ought to be made by someone in charge.

by the way....do I get any candy for these ideas??

Last edited by SealLion; 05.06.09 at 03:27.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (05.06.09) , anonftw (05.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567