Thread: Cheating on SCC (SceneAccess)

P2P Client
    uTorrent 1.85
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss232
    Quote Originally Posted by stargatefan View Post
    i have tried the 20-30 mb/s and stop b4 update method today, and i am not banned yet..:-P
    too soon to say that bro :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss329
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    He must have added two tracker URLs for the same torrent, which is the wrong way to do it.
    I was wondering how to do it right? I force re-check in uT, and if it's 99,5% good, is there a way to cross seeding properly? Usually it's an nfo file that is different. How to handle that situation?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I was wondering how to do it right? I force re-check in uT, and if it's 99,5% good, is there a way to cross seeding properly? Usually it's an nfo file that is different. How to handle that situation?
    it's not the nfo. it's the different chunk size of the torrent. in some cases the pieces have the same size then you're in at 100%.
    for cheating that dösn't matter. nobody can know if you got a matching size or not as long as it's an untouched scene release
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (18.10.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss329
    Instab, just to make sure I got it right, even if it's checks 99.something, I can just start the torrent and I'm in business? :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    u can start the torrent at any %
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (18.10.10)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Instab, just to make sure I got it right, even if it's checks 99.something, I can just start the torrent and I'm in business? :)
    Quote Originally Posted by säbrtooth View Post
    u can start the torrent at any %
    this

and with a cheating mod or tool you can always jump in at 100%
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (18.10.10)

I really doubt scc really needs to worry about cheating since most of their uploaders already are sitting on fast seedboxes, most of whom probably can easily top out speeds faster than most of us even fake. it's sites like what.cd where they allow everyone, yes even the guy with the piece of shit 10/kb upload, to upload the content, that you can really see a benefit of anti-cheating scripts since most of their speeds are too crap to begin with, it's basically like some sort of tracker-level throttling. every tried downloading a flac of what.cd and become stuck downloading from 1 user that capped his upload to some insane low amount, ah, the fresh smell of "let's allow everyone to upload".

sites like scc, tl, etc. don't need anti-cheat scripts, specifically what.cd-level anal ones, because everyone gets the same experience regardless if they are cheating or not, because everyone is downloading from at least 5 100mb seedboxes on every single torrent, so they don't need anal rules that are made to cater to the "little guy" with the shitty upload.

i personally like the scene-tracker rules better than something like what.cd, just let the guys that know what they are doing handle the uploads, closed uploading, and then your site will not have problems with poor speeds. i can't count enough of times where what.cd literally made my dsl line cry, it felt like I was back downloading on 56k. of course I am more encouraged to cheat if the speeds suck so much.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitCheater View Post
    I really doubt scc really needs to worry about cheating since most of their uploaders already are sitting on fast seedboxes, most of whom probably can easily top out speeds faster than most of us even fake.
    Totally agreed, and I have mentioned this many times in the past.

Back in the days when seedboxes were a rare commodity, and speeds in private sites were assured by home connection users overseeding and enforced ratios, that'd have been fine - because people like us, leeching without giving back, did cause some degree of "damage" to the swarms. But nowadays every cool kid has a seedbox or can gain access to one (I'm not saying all seedbox users are buffer-hungry people, I know a few very sensible users that have to resort to seedboxes due to shaping, low ISP bandwidth caps, etc., it's just that many misuse them), ratio whore the hell out of a torrent, and gain an amazing buffer in no time. With people like those, an average cheater on a home connection couldn't "damage" the tracker even if he leeched the crap out of it. This phenomenon is observed on non 0-Day trackers like the aforementioned What.cd, also. Upload a 2010 album, wait one minute, and check the peerlist. Then click on those users' profile and check their stats.

i personally like the scene-tracker rules better than something like what.cd, just let the guys that know what they are doing handle the uploads, closed uploading, and then your site will not have problems with poor speeds.
    Needless to say, What.cd wouldn't have a fraction of the content it has now, if only a closed circle of seedbox uploaders was allowed to upload. Just look at the music section on 0-Day trackers - 90% of stuff are electronic/trance Web or V2 rips. One of What.cd's ultimate goals is to have a library of all the music in the world, and while technically unreachable, that's much easier to get close to if everyone's allowed to upload their own material. Combine it with a large userbase where sooner or later someone will check your torrent out, help seed it most of the time, and report it if you did something wrong, to help the "library" stay healthy, and that's why they're the music tracker.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

has anyone else noticed that they increased the update interval to 40 minutes?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    has anyone else noticed that they increased the update interval to 40 minutes?
    Not me, given the already mentioned reason for me to stop using SCC. That shouldn't be an issue as far as our interests are concerned, though. And a site with almost 20000 users can certainly benefit from raising the update interval a notch.
    Thanks

so you dont think that it is connected with a newly-implemented anti-cheat script?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    No.

I do think you're a bit paranoid, though.
    Thanks

do you know how hard it is to come by an account :-P
    (at least for me)

by the way, i really like the site. not the forum of course, there are a bunch of idiots there...
    Last edited by stargatefan; 18.10.10 at 20:54.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    do you know how hard it is to come by an account :-P
    (at least for me)
    Sure, you have to donate, but there are unlimited invites on What and Waffles.
    Thanks

i'm a member only of what...i faked the required amount to be a pu, but uploading 5 torrents is a pain in the butt...:-D
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast